Thread: $700 New/Ragged out BMW E30. This is a project

My Cars
    1986 BMW 325es

$700 New/Ragged out BMW E30. This is a project

Hey everyone, new to the site but I have been using your forum as my primary form of research for our next project. This weekend we finally went and picked up an E30 325es to build. Seller said the engine was "like new" and "just needed a new coil" .... as you can see in the video I made for the weekend that was far from being accurate. Still though its always fun to start these new projects. I hope to post more as we continue this build and will probably be needing some help when trying to decide how to set this thing up for fun.

My Cars
    1993 325i/5
    Good luck!

My Cars
    94 840ci
    subbed! Welcome to the forums. Always cool to see a new project
    Road Cruiser: 94 840ci
    Track Toy: 04 SVT Lightning
    Offroader: '90 Bronco EB

My Cars
    1986 BMW 325es
    So what do you guys think for seats? Swick is going to be using this as his daily for a 60 mile round trip and wants something comfortable but sporty. on the weekends our hope is to get all of our cars out on some autocross tracks. Sparco vs Recaro vs "insert better idea here". looking to spend around $300 per seat. Obviously I searched this and its like asking "who is better chevy or ford?" but with what he will be using the car for, which one is better?

My Cars
    1986 BMW 325es
    Thanks for the welcome guys. I do have to ask a question though as we are going to be working on the interior here soon. This car will be daily driven by Swick for work with a 60 mile round trip. He is looking to put some seats into it as the current ones look like someone ate half of the ones in the car now. He wants a set of race seats like recaro or sparco to keep the weight down as much as possible. with a $350 per seat budget, what would you suggest as the most comfortable light weight seat?

My Cars
    1986 BMW 325es
    Well it took a month for us to get the engine out of the car. Every weekend we had some issue come up ... Swick calls them "wives". I was wodering, where is the best place to sell off all of these E30 parts? Is ebay the best or is there enough people looking for these parts that CL will work? We have the 885 head and intake, wiring harnesses, and a bunch of crazy parts that I didnt know cars came with like a charcoal filter for the fuel?

Either way, here is the first video of the motor swap ... the motor coming out. Thanks,