Thread: Dsc & Abs not working after tranny swap

My Cars
    2001 525d touring M pack

Dsc & Abs not working after tranny swap

Hi,

I recently swaped my auto tranny to a manual one on my 2001 525d. Everything works except the DSC and the ABS. I'm getting an EGS error on the DSC. But obviously I have no EGS left since I done the swap. I have this problem before the swap. Absolutely everyting was changed, ABS/DSC module, pump, compressor, Pressure sensor but no luck. From the point I start the engine, the DSC light comes and remains on, the abs and the eclamation point come on later, after I pass 40km/h. Also, when I did the swap, I changed the ECU and EWS, got it from the car that I got the transmision and everyting else. We did all the coding required, at least that's what I think. Here's the catch. The manual 525d didn't have DSC only ASC. I was wondering, do we have to code the ecu somehow? Are there any differences betwen ecu's on cars with DSC vs ASC ones? What am I doing wrong?

Later I'll go to my buddy to run a diagnosis again and I'll take some pictures of the error.

Thanks.

My Cars
    2001 525d touring M pack
    Bump

My Cars
    01 750il, E38/9 Parts
    No expert on coding by any means, but do you have the ECU/EWS for the original car yet? I think it would be better to run that and then code out the auto rather than switch them around. I don't know the computer systems on diesels, but if it was replaced by a different ECU (for example, using an ms42 from a 528i in a car that came with ms43 like a 525i), I think you would lose the possibility of running DSC and essentially have to retrofit the ASC as well as ABS pump/controller from the car that the manual transmission came from. I think it would be far easier and better to put the original ECU/EWS in the car and code out the auto.

See if someone who has a lot more knowledge of the computer systems can weigh in on this before doing anything I said.

Also, could you give the models of both the original ECU and the swapped in one, as well as the build date of both cars?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    --- 750il Maintenance/Restoration Thread --- E38/9 Parts Cars --- YouTube Channel ---