Thread: Just picked up an 87 325e

My Cars
    E30 325e, 68c10,69c10,38

Just picked up an 87 325e , acceleration bog or lag

It's been about ten years now since I've owned an e30 , picked up a pretty rough one . So far I've found one spark plug loose , what I believe to be the tps disconnected , and cleaned the idle air control unit . She idles alot better and I'm waiting on tags for a real test drive but after fixing the above issues she leaves alot better in first gear but going into second there is bog and power loss .I have checked the fuel filter and it flows free .I am thinking that the fuel pressure regulator isn't responding to engine vacuum correctly, is there a quick way to test the regulator or will I need to install an in line fuel gauge ? Thanks for all help in advance . P S the engine will rev freely in neutral and sounds good !
    Last edited by Rayg325e; 02-20-2017 at 04:03 AM. Reason: More info

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Welcome back to the club! Any signs of obviously bad air/fuel ratio? Could be leaky injector(s) dumping fuel, too. Aside from that, what plugs are they and how do they look? What about the cap and rotor? And don't forget to do the timing belt, tensioner, and water pump!
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    E30 325e, 68c10,69c10,38
    Thanks it great to be back !!Upon closer inspection I found that the fuel rail was not seated fully at the rear of the engine , I could actually see the injector of ring and some fuel coming out . I got that seated properly and it's much better I can make it through all gears now without bogging but she is still not %100 .
    ELVA164 thanks for those tips I guess those will be what I look at next !

My Cars
    E30 325e, 68c10,69c10,38
    The plugs look to be on the lean side and the previous owner installed Motorcraft Ill be changing those to Bosch or ngk . The rotor and cap look fine . Revs up fine then no power once your in gear .

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Happy to help! There are a large number of potential causes, but the most common is one or more vacuum leaks in the intake system. Any shop should be able to perform a smoke test and find all the leaks; correcting them can fix a range of running issues. As far as plugs go, stick with NGK ZGR5A.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!