I bought a 2014 320xi CPO car in December. The salesman never mentioned BMW Assist or Connected Drive. After we paid for the car the "genius" told us that the button for BMW Assist was covered due to the fact that the cell providers were discontinuing 2G cell service. The "genius" said that BMW was working on a fix.

I saw an article in the Jan 17 issue of Rondel with a link to a BMWassist website where you put in your PIN and they check if you are eligible for a retofit. I did it. They replied that I could pick on of three options. I picked the retrofit since it said it was good unitl 2024. They sent me a confirmation and told me to set up the work at the dealer. I made and appointment and told them for the retrofit.

When we got there they said that the "recall" had been done in Dec and that the car was not eligible for the free retrofit. I could pay BMW to do it. They couldn't tll me how much that would cost.

I seems like a company as big and rich and tech savvy as BMW would at least know what they are doing and could afford to retrofit the car before it was sold to me. It seems like BMW's right hand doesn't know what it's left hand is doing.

Has anybody had any success with this? I think my options are to pay for the retrofit. do without it. or attempt to contact BMW management and see what they can do.