Thread: Did I make a Mistake?

My Cars
    2006 M5

Did I make a Mistake?

Uggg. I purchased an 2006 M5 58k miles. The car was a single owner and all the service was performed by BMW to date. Its clear from the paperwork that the guy spared no expense in taking care of this car. After reading all the forum information which I suppose I should have done beforehand I am doubling down on my Xanax. I am pretty handy with a wrench. Are these as bad as everyone seems. If so I think I will put the beast up for sale. It does run like a dream lol.....currently.

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    It's kind of a hit or miss with them to be honest. They are magnificent cars, but the V10 can be problematic and costly. Since you're handy, perhaps you should keep it for it's longevity. As with most BMWs, the 'real' issues don't pop up until about 80k miles. If it was me, I would enjoy it until about 65-70k and then unload it. Just my 2 cents.

-Dmitry
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    2010 Odyssey
    Quote Originally Posted by bjd10201976 View Post
    Uggg. I purchased an 2006 M5 58k miles. The car was a single owner and all the service was performed by BMW to date. Its clear from the paperwork that the guy spared no expense in taking care of this car. After reading all the forum information which I suppose I should have done beforehand I am doubling down on my Xanax. I am pretty handy with a wrench. Are these as bad as everyone seems. If so I think I will put the beast up for sale. It does run like a dream lol.....currently.
    Let me get this straight - you bought a semi-exotic, low-mileage, single-owner performance car with all records, and you think you made a mistake? Quite the opposite, you did what most don't. You bought wisely. Keep up with maintenance above & beyond BMW recommended intervals, and you should do well. Enjoy!

My Cars
    2006 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Parts View Post
    It's kind of a hit or miss with them to be honest. They are magnificent cars, but the V10 can be problematic and costly. Since you're handy, perhaps you should keep it for it's longevity. As with most BMWs, the 'real' issues don't pop up until about 80k miles. If it was me, I would enjoy it until about 65-70k and then unload it. Just my 2 cents.

-Dmitry
    Thank you