Thread: 1st Kill in the E30 325I!!!

My Cars
    '98 528I, 04 Mini-cvt

1st Kill in the E30 325I!!!

Friday afternoon I'm driving back from my parts guys place (Vines automotive) about to hit the interstate - driving leisurely - i'm enjoying the pleasing hum of the M20 motor that had been dormant for over a year with a fried head after the PO broke the timing belt. Dad and I spent the last 2 Months breaking it down and putting it back together.

As the left turn lane opens up for the interstate; I leisurely begin to move into it when i see a big honking truck try to cut me off.. I quickly get in the lane and stop his attempted jamming : He proceeds to fill up my rearview with his big shiny ford grill :

I decide to play.

I wait for my chance to turn - and he comes with me - right on my butt. I hammer the throttle halfway through first which leads to a rapid shift as I'm trying to keep her below 5K RPM until another tank full of gas or 2.. (just trying to be nice to the car)

2nd gear and he's still there - but i know 3rd is coming up - I hit third and the little car launches like a rocket - zoom - up to 5 grand and i hit 4th - and cross the interstate to the far left lane into 5th...

Where is Mr Truck? - Oh yeah - he's back on the entrance ramp still trying to merge..

I start cruising at 85 and as he muttles past me - he won't look over or even acknowledge me. Guess he didn't like getting beat by a rough looking old bimmer. :
    M6 - fixing it I don't

- Gun Control is being able to hit your target -

My Cars
    porsche 911 *sold*
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsomerset
    Friday afternoon I'm driving back from my parts guys place (Vines automotive) about to hit the interstate - driving leisurely - i'm enjoying the pleasing hum of the M20 motor that had been dormant for over a year with a fried head after the PO broke the timing belt. Dad and I spent the last 2 Months breaking it down and putting it back together.

As the left turn lane opens up for the interstate; I leisurely begin to move into it when i see a big honking truck try to cut me off.. I quickly get in the lane and stop his attempted jamming : He proceeds to fill up my rearview with his big shiny ford grill :

I decide to play.

I wait for my chance to turn - and he comes with me - right on my butt. I hammer the throttle halfway through first which leads to a rapid shift as I'm trying to keep her below 5K RPM until another tank full of gas or 2.. (just trying to be nice to the car)

2nd gear and he's still there - but i know 3rd is coming up - I hit third and the little car launches like a rocket - zoom - up to 5 grand and i hit 4th - and cross the interstate to the far left lane into 5th...

Where is Mr Truck? - Oh yeah - he's back on the entrance ramp still trying to merge..

I start cruising at 85 and as he muttles past me - he won't look over or even acknowledge me. Guess he didn't like getting beat by a rough looking old bimmer. :
    WOW i was at the edge of my seat jk nice kill
    FOR SALE - 14900/ will trade for e36 m3/ 325/8 for e39 540i

My Cars
    00 sc Roadie
    Very good!! What a great feeling to see all the work you did on the little beast come together so nicely!

BTW, what sort of hp, weight etcetera is she running?
    Some ladies like a hand-held. I prefer to drive mine.

mattjw916 is offline I had something for this BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    2011 335xi, 2006 325xi
    I'm thinking about 110hp at the wheels

My Cars
    00 sc Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by mattjw916
    I'm thinking about 110hp at the wheels
    Oh uh uh, I bet he has something sneaky in there....

I guess we'll see this weekend

I just want BabyM to have a little buddy at the DE that won't completely blow her doors off!!

My Cars
    '82 320i
    E30 power!

I wish my e30 still worked

My Cars
    1982 320i
    I started thinking one of your stints in the M6 got you jailed because I haven't seen a kill story from you for so long!

Nice kill man. Haven't been running the 6er around as much?
    1982 320i - 86xxx miles and not moving for now.
    Sound : Sony Cassette + 10 disk changer, Pioneer speakers, 10'' Boss sub x 2 --- Suspesion : H&R lowering springs, Bilstien Sport shocks all around.
    1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max - 84,xxx miles
    Broken A/C, but proving to be damn reliable. Sound : 2 Boston Acustic Speakers, 8'' Punch Sub, 350 watt Kenwood amp, Pioneer CD player. Best 3 speaker system I've ever heard.

One thing at a time, the m42 comes next.

My Cars
    '98 528I, 04 Mini-cvt
    Not arrested - I'd post bail and then post the kill!!

Been spending each night trying to get the 3er back together and running.

and it is going (has begun) to be the daily driver.

Sorry Josie- The 3er isn't getting teched and driven on the track this weekend - WE just ran out of time to get stuff done. She's also still in need of a windshield that wouldn't (or shouldn't anyway) pass a tech - big spider web on the drivers side. So Sorry about that... (she also need balanceing and alignment) But we will go for a spin in her at least once and i'm not against a "parade lap" in her..

Probably a little more than 110 at the wheels- considering she's got a remanufactured head.. maybe 120-130 or so. otherwise she's still stock.. for now
    M6 - fixing it I don't

My Cars
    1995 M3, 2001 Pathfinder
    Got any pics of the new toy?

Excellent writeup as usual.
    -Tim 1995 M3 Avus/black
    Conforti Euro Intake w/ TMS chip, Motorsport Brace, X Brace, Black UUC TME, V2 Splitters, DEPO's w/ DDE Plus & 6000K HIDs, Hardwired V1, UUC Twin Silencer exhaust, Eibach Pro Kit w/ Bilsteins, Speed Star SP1's in 18" by 8.5"
    WTB - 318 sedan
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...4#post16285694

My Cars
    2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK430, 92 325i/4
    was that considered a "kill"..? you didn't really "race" the truck

My Cars
    00 sc Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWg84
    Sure he did!

"I got on the freeway first! nannernannernanner!"

My Cars
    '98 528I, 04 Mini-cvt
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWg84
    "A Kill" is a subjective thing.. It's like Art..

And yes - this guy was on my butt (nothing in REarview but his Bag Arse grill) until I hit 3rd then he was bye-bye...
    M6 - fixing it I don't

mattjw916 is offline I had something for this BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    2011 335xi, 2006 325xi
    a kill is definately subjective...

I "killed" a C5 'vette in the twisties in my S2000 once... he wouldn't do over 85mph or so and there was TONS of room and NO ONE around.

...and I know he started off wanting to race since he got on the gas as I got parallel with him, he just stayed in the throttle for a couple of seconds but slowed WAAAAAY down for the turn and wussed out. I wasn't even screeching the tires or anything on the corner entry, maybe he just thought I was mental for not braking before the corner entry at about 100mph

My Cars
    2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK430, 92 325i/4
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyM
    Sure he did!

"I got on the freeway first! nannernannernanner!"
    hahaha