Thread: FS: JL Audio Stealthboxes (E46), 250/1, & BMW Aux Input Kit

My Cars
    2002 M3

Arrow FS: JL Audio Stealthboxes (E46), 250/1, & BMW Aux Input Kit

As the subject mentions, I'm parting with my JL Audio Stealthboxes, JL Audio 250/1, and BMW OEM Aux Input kit.

• The Stealthboxes were made to fit 1999 & up E46 3-Series Coupes & Sedans. The driver's side stealthbox has been trimmed to accomodate the CD Changer bulge found on cars with the 6-Disc Changer and/or NAV DVD unit. For installation info, click here for the install PDF :arrow: Stealthbox Install Manual

• The JL Audio 250/1 amplifier is rated at 250W RMS and offers a slew of goodies, here's the link for more info :arrow: http://www.jlaudio.com/amps/2501.html

• The BMW OEM Aux input kit is made for E46 cars with a build date of 09/2002 or later. I don't have all the information with me at the moment, but I do have the BMW P/N which is 82 11 149 391.

I'm looking to get $500 for the Stealthboxes and Amplifier. The Aux Input kit was like $37 bucks total if I remember correctly, so I'm only looking to get $30 for that. PM me or email me at tomasjcarrillo at cox dot net if you're interested or have any questions. Here's some pics for your viewing pleasure.

My Cars
    04 M3 SG/Imola/PP/CWP/Xenon/Alum trim
    Are those w0's that come in the stealths?

Did you do the trimming on that enclosure? Do you have a pic of it closer to see if it's neat etc??

My Cars
    '98 328i/4
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo38sfi
    Are those w0's that come in the stealths?

Did you do the trimming on that enclosure? Do you have a pic of it closer to see if it's neat etc??
    That's the way the Stealths come, he didn't trim the enclosures. They're made to specifically for the car and will fit precisely.

The speakers themselves are 8IB4. Here's a link:

http://www.jlaudio.com/stealthbox/3series2.html
    1998 328i/4 Boston Green
    X-Brace, Eibach Pro Kit/Bilstein Sport, M3 Rear Sway
    BMW Traffic Pro - a/d/s P650.2 & 3.45is - JL Audio Stealthboxes[/size]

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by 10kken
    That's the way the Stealths come, he didn't trim the enclosures. They're made to specifically for the car and will fit precisely.

The speakers themselves are 8IB4. Here's a link:

http://www.jlaudio.com/stealthbox/3series2.html
    Thought by this line, it meant he trimmed it, "The driver's side stealthbox has been trimmed to accomodate the CD Changer bulge found on cars with the 6-Disc Changer and/or NAV DVD unit."

My Cars
    Wuper Tuper Fuper
    Great price PagalM3 *bump* ... I have this exact setup. Unfortunately, my subs were bottoming out so I sent them out to JL audio to replace the 8ib4 woofer.

I found out, they are out of STOCK COMPLETELY until maybe the end of August. The previous batch of subwoofers they ordered all failed their quality test procedures. So, brand new ones need to be made. Thus, for the next few months -- it will be virtually impossible to order new stealthboxes from anywhere that does not have it lying around ...

just an FYI if people think they can get them cheaper in the next month or so ... I doubt it ...

My Cars
    No reply..hello? Still available?

My Cars
    2002 M3
    No reply..hello? Still available?
    Sorry for the late reply, it's been a busy week! Anyways, the Stealthboxes were actually snatched up the instant I posted them on e46fanatics, so unfortunately they are no longer available. And by the looks of 10kken's posts, he hopefully answered most of the questions you had about the Stealthboxes. And yes you were correct that I physically cut the side of the driver's side enclosure to help it clear the CD Changer/NAV carpet bulge. I've heard that it is not necessary to do so, yet I'm not sure how far you can bend in the carpet to force the driver's side Stealthbox into its mounting position. Let me know if there are any other questions I can help you with!

Quote Originally Posted by NoSoup4U
    Great price PagalM3 *bump* ... I have this exact setup.
    Thanks for the *bump*! The Stealthboxes are definitely a great product! I was running them off the 250/1 and they basically did all I asked of them. There were even some instances where I actually had to turn down the bass on certain Rap/Hip-Hop songs. And I was pleasantly surprised with the low end range they had. Of course, 2 free air 8" woofers will reach a performance plateau so you most likely won't be heard pounding music down the block. Yet, they are a drastic improvement over the OEM system and save you a TON of trunk space & weight! I honestly do not think they will ever get in the way. I decided to upgrade to a single 12W6v2 juiced by a 500/1. It on the other hand is a bass canon, yet I've lost about 35% of my trunk with the heavy duty box that was built for it. It's all just a series of tradeoffs. If you want something that sounds great and you're not expecting to be rattling the neighbor's windows, then the Stealthboxes can't be beat!

My Cars
    Oh well, that makes my decision to not go stealths easier

How about the amp, gone too?

My Cars
    1994 325is
    pm sent. thanks

My Cars
    2002 M3
    Oh well, that makes my decision to not go stealths easier

How about the amp, gone too?
    Stealthboxes or not, just getting something in your trunk is worth the excitement! Plus, everytime you do something to your car, you always end up wanting more. Thankfully, I'll probably be more than satisfied with the 12W6v2 so my desire to upgrade to a W7 will be a memory, along with my hearing! The amp is also in the process of being sold. Right now I'm waiting on one person to get back to me, and if that doesn't go through, there's another individual that is interested.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by PAGALM3
    Stealthboxes or not, just getting something in your trunk is worth the excitement! Plus, everytime you do something to your car, you always end up wanting more. Thankfully, I'll probably be more than satisfied with the 12W6v2 so my desire to upgrade to a W7 will be a memory, along with my hearing! The amp is also in the process of being sold. Right now I'm waiting on one person to get back to me, and if that doesn't go through, there's another individual that is interested.

Yea, I'm excited to know all my parts will be here this wk. Was talking to the wife about a car trailer yesterday.."Why don't you just buy a car trailer? Instead you spent $1500 on stereo gear." I'm like..cuz I would use the trailer twice a yr when I can borrow my buddys where I would listen to the stereo a hell of a lot more YOu have a single w6?