Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: Gotti wheels offset issues

My Cars
    2000 bmw m roadster

Gotti wheels offset issues

hey guys I am new here. I bought a 2000 m roadster last august and i am on the process of getting wheels for it. Local shop can refurbish the roadstars for 450( powdercoat) or I have the great option to purchase gotti g1001 wheels. They are 17x9.5with the 5x120 bolt but they have et56 . I have no clue if they would fit my car with spacers or any other mod. I really like the wheels but i am not sure if they would fit and if they would fit how could i make them fit? I can get the wheels for 1600 with tires included 255/45 for front and 275/40 for the rears. I would appreciate any help . I am about to purchase thwm but i want to make sure that they will fit . Thanks , Francisco

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

http://www.willtheyfit.com/

You need to check the specifications your car has for wheels and then compare to wheels sets you see for sale. Check the wheels you might want to buy have the same PCD which for BMW is 5x120. You also need to check the centre bore as well, it's possible you might need adaptor rings for whichever wheels you might want to buy.

Questions like this have been answered thousands of times over all the BMW and many other car forums etc, so you do need to search and find out prior to purchase.

If you find the wheels you want are specified such that they work within the tolerances of the car you have, then go ahead and purchase. If you find that you might have to buy spacers, adaptor spacers, have the centre bore machined or PCD changed etc to 'make them fit' then factor those costs in as well.

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    2000 bmw m roadster
    So the pcd is indeed a true 5x120 I asked the seller. So I went into the website you showed me and found that for the rears my new wheels would be 27.44 mm closer to the suspension and rim will poke out 14.7 mm less than before. For the fronts it will be 33.7 mm closer to the strur suspension strut and the outer rim will poke 8.33 mm less tha the stock one. Based on this i dont know if i will need spacers or adapters or if it will even safe to modify it so they can fit. I dont want roll the fenders or do anything to screw the car . I am lost already researched around but still cant find an answer that fits my situation.

My Cars
    '00 Z3 2.3 Roady, '08 M5
    These wheels won't work for your car. These wheels were made for a Corvette. The offset for the front wheels is somewhere around 40 and 7 for the rears. No normal spacer can make these wheels fit the way they should. The only way to make these work is to take them apart and get a new lip and barrel combo in order to change the offsets.

I'd pass on them if I were you. Also I don't think they are true 5x120, they're actually 5x120.65. I think they are slightly off but they would work. Also you have to make sure the center bore is 72.65 otherwise they won't sit flush to the car.