Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Chikinhed's Mini Build

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmerbumm193 View Post
    Fabrication looks great man. What sizes are you running for the exhaust and wastegate pipe, 3" and 1.75"?
    3.5" for down pipe and exhaust, the WG pipe is 1.75" to match the WG outlet flange size.
    '97 M3, Estoril blue, 2 dr, euro 6-spd, EFR 9180 divided T4 .92 IWG, RK tuning, CP 8.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods, Schrick cams, L19 11 mm ARP studs, O-ringed block, Supertech stainless/inconel valves, Supertech springs & Ti retainers, ported head, S54 oil pump/pan, 80 lb. injectors, OBD1 intake manifold, Steedspeed twin scroll T4, 3.5" SS exhaust, eBoost2 EBC, HFS-4 W/M injection, AEM Failsafe, Zeitronix data logger, Racelogic TC, OpenOBC w. ethanol %, Ireland Eng. engine mounts, UUC black tranny mounts w. enforcers, UUC twin disc feramic, ARC-8's, MCS 2-ways, Z3 rack, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Eibach sway bars, Ground Control LCAB bushings, Bimmerworld RTAB's, Powerflex subframe bushings, 210 4-clutch LSD, Stoptech BBK, titainium shims, steel braided lines, brake cooling ducts.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Down pipe and waste gate recirc are done......

Next is to mod the front subframe for the bypass valve fitting and make new AC lines.
    '97 M3, Estoril blue, 2 dr, euro 6-spd, EFR 9180 divided T4 .92 IWG, RK tuning, CP 8.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods, Schrick cams, L19 11 mm ARP studs, O-ringed block, Supertech stainless/inconel valves, Supertech springs & Ti retainers, ported head, S54 oil pump/pan, 80 lb. injectors, OBD1 intake manifold, Steedspeed twin scroll T4, 3.5" SS exhaust, eBoost2 EBC, HFS-4 W/M injection, AEM Failsafe, Zeitronix data logger, Racelogic TC, OpenOBC w. ethanol %, Ireland Eng. engine mounts, UUC black tranny mounts w. enforcers, UUC twin disc feramic, ARC-8's, MCS 2-ways, Z3 rack, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Eibach sway bars, Ground Control LCAB bushings, Bimmerworld RTAB's, Powerflex subframe bushings, 210 4-clutch LSD, Stoptech BBK, titainium shims, steel braided lines, brake cooling ducts.

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 E55, 07 335I
    Nice work, getting my gear to start welding next week
    Baypass fitting?
    Old set up: 520RWHP & 500RWTQ @ 20PSI 1/4 mile as of 7/26/15 12.5 @ 125MPH - 19PSI
    New set up: Steedspeed Twinscroll, Wiseco Pistons 8.8:1 CR, K1 Rods, Blueprinted and Balanced, ARP Main Studs, o-ring block, GTR 12mm head studs, GT35R with 86mm HTA billet compressor wheel (GT3586RHTA) TwinScrol 1.06 exhaust housing, Nick G custom tuning, 6 Speed Transmission, UUC Twin Disc Clutch, UUC EVO III, UUC DSSR 109mm, EVO 6 Speed Driveshaft, HFS-6 W/M injection, Zeitronix data logger, 3" SS full exhaust, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Race coilovers.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Matutino View Post
    Nice work, getting my gear to start welding next week
    Baypass fitting?
    Its an EFR thing. They get special gadgets.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    '97 M3
    New billet bypass valve fitment not better but not plastic. I did rotate the compressor housing a bit which helps but I will still have to clearance the subframe....

Installing a block off plate, which I already have, is tempting but BW states that it will hurt spool if you don't use their bypass valve.
    Last edited by chikinhed; 03-11-2017 at 06:59 PM.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Looks very nice. You did 3.5 all the way on the DP. Tight fit with the IWG EFR.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    I got the front subframe notched..... That sucked, there is not much room to work with the engine and subframe still installed.

And I finished lengthening and rerouting one of the AC lines.....

My Cars
    Out of Service

My Cars
    98 m3
    Quote Originally Posted by cragg56 View Post
    Why was rerouting AC necessary?
    I think the wastegate was tight to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold
    1998 M3 Turbo Arctic/black - current
    2004 Built motor TiAg/Black - Sold
    2008 E61 19T Turbo-Wagon - current
    2011 E82 135i - S85 Swap - current
    1998 M3 Cosmos S54 swapped Sedan - current

1998 Turbo: PTE6870 | 1.15 ar | Hp Cover, Custom Divided T4 bottom-mount, 3.5" SS exhaust, Dual Turbosmart Compgates, Turbosmart Raceport BOV, 3.5" Treadstone Intercooler, 3.5" Vibrant resonator and muffler, Arp 2k Headstuds | Arp 2k Main studs | 87mm Je pistons | Eagle rods | 9.2:1 static compression, Ces 87mm cutring, Custom solid rear subframe bushings, Akg 85d diff bushings, 4 clutch 3.15 diff, , Poly engine mounts, UUC trans mounts W/ enforcers, 22RPD OBD2 Stock ECU id1700 E85 tune, 22RPD Big power Transmission swap w/ GS6-53

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Why was rerouting AC necessary?
    The AC line (pressure line) that I just made longer and rerouted was not causing a fitment issue, it was just not tucked away like it is now. The plan is to route the return line, which was up against the waste gate, beside the pressure line along the frame rail to the AC pump. The return line may be harder to modify unless I come up with hose compatible with 134r & POE.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    A/C is high and low not pressure and return. Both have pressure. So you mean the High side as pressure ? Ah whatever, its an EFR thing anyway.

I'm going to make you guys T-shirts saying "it's an EFR thing!".
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    '97 M3
    "Low pressure" AC line is made. The routing is way better this way, IMHO.

A 4" turbo intake pipe will fit now. If resting on the frame rail the pipe has about 1/4" clearance to the exhaust manifold and the AC compressor. If I go with the 4" intake I'll make a couple of smooth dents at the manifold and AC just to give it a bit more clearance.

Last edited by chikinhed; 03-12-2017 at 09:40 PM.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Tonight I re clocked the turbo, installed the AC line, made a jig for the engine mount arm, painted the engine mount arm, drilled and tapped a hole in the Steed for an EGT probe and installed the studs for the turbo mounting.

For the EFR 9180 0.92 turbine housing, the mounting stud at the rear outboard has to be cut so that it has an installed height of 15/16" otherwise the stud hits the turbine housing and won't let the turbo sit flat on the manifold flange.

Last edited by chikinhed; 03-13-2017 at 10:01 AM.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    I had to cut 2 of them.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    I think I cut just one. May depend on the turbo (turbine housing casting).

The AC lines is not an EFR specific issue. It is an issue up top at the WG, not down below at the turbo. Anyone with AC will have an issue. Having no AC makes installing a manifold and turbo much easier, but I would not want to drive without AC.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Aside from insulating the AC lines I think I'm ready to actually install everything except that I have to pull the tranny to change the clutch... and change the diff output seals and, and, and.....

My Cars
    95 M3, 15 Golf TDI wagon
    That An fittings did you use on the AC lines? I like it!

-WTB: OEM Class 2 LTW GT wing with risers- Mazak

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by 3literheater View Post
    That An fittings did you use on the AC lines? I like it!
    I used AN818-6D nuts, AN819-6D sleeves and AN815-6D unions. The stock AC line is a bit larger that 3/8" OD so you have to reduce the diameter of the tube a bit to get the fittings to work.
    Last edited by chikinhed; 03-14-2017 at 10:54 AM.

My Cars
    Out of Service
    Is modifying AC lines a must? I'm getting mixed info on the forums. Based on your pics it looks like it may be possible to route the WG piping without impacting the stock AC lines, but I'm just eyeballing it and what I remember for routing

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by chikinhed View Post
    I used AN818-6D nuts, AN819-6D sleeve and AN815-6D unions. The stock AC line is a bit larger that 3/8" OD so you have to reduce the diameter of the tube a bit to get the fittings to work.
    Did you flare or just compression?

- - - Updated - - -

Is modifying AC lines a must? I'm getting mixed info on the forums. Based on your pics it looks like it may be possible to route the WG piping without impacting the stock AC lines, but I'm just eyeballing it and what I remember for routing
    I think you could remove the lines, bend them and get them under the SAP tray. I did not remove them, hacked a bit off the SAP tray, and pushed the lines back a little to give space to the WG.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    Did you flare or just compression?

- - - Updated - - -

I think you could remove the lines, bend them and get them under the SAP tray. I did not remove them, hacked a bit off the SAP tray, and pushed the lines back a little to give space to the WG.
    I flared the smaller high pressure line and welded in a longer piece on the low pressure line due to the odd size.

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 E55, 07 335I
    I was able to fit mine w/o removing the a/c line, I was able to bend it to go around the wastegate
    Old set up: 520RWHP & 500RWTQ @ 20PSI 1/4 mile as of 7/26/15 12.5 @ 125MPH - 19PSI
    New set up: Steedspeed Twinscroll, Wiseco Pistons 8.8:1 CR, K1 Rods, Blueprinted and Balanced, ARP Main Studs, o-ring block, GTR 12mm head studs, GT35R with 86mm HTA billet compressor wheel (GT3586RHTA) TwinScrol 1.06 exhaust housing, Nick G custom tuning, 6 Speed Transmission, UUC Twin Disc Clutch, UUC EVO III, UUC DSSR 109mm, EVO 6 Speed Driveshaft, HFS-6 W/M injection, Zeitronix data logger, 3" SS full exhaust, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Race coilovers.

My Cars
    Out of Service
    Anyone have pics of the bent lines they did

My Cars
    '97 M3
    I've always disliked the routing of the AC lines so this was a good excuse to finally move both of them.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    I made a 'lil blanky for the AC lines. It double wraps around and between them.

I also pulled the diff, changed the output seals and o-rings and serviced it with RP 75W140.
    Last edited by chikinhed; 03-24-2017 at 12:19 PM.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast