Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: 1995 M3 - Sirius Sticker in Trunk and Pioneer MVH-X580BS...

My Cars
    '95 M3 / '03 X3

1995 M3 - Sirius Sticker in Trunk and Pioneer MVH-X580BS...

Hey guys and/or gals;

I am interested in seeing about SiriusXM in my Bimmer. I have a Pioneer MVH-X580BS head unit that is wonderful and I'm loving it to death (you can NAIL the Bimmer 2-tone Amber on it between the controls and the screen), and it is "SiriusXM Ready." I just noticed a minute ago that I have a "Sirius Ready" Sticker in my trunk (see image)...I don't know anything about how to go about pairing these two up...I installed the head unit myself and I don't recall seeing anything in there that looked like a Sirius pre-wire, but again: I wasn't looking for one. Could someone who isn't shooting wildly from the hip give me any advice on how to go about doing this? Do I need a seperate hardware unit of some sort from Sirius? Thanks for your time - any help would be appreciated!

Jesse

IMG_5339_zpsjrt9d7gk.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

1995 BMW M3/2/5 - Alpine White - Vaders - Stage II Maxsil Pistons, Chipped, 24# Injectors, MagnaFlow Exhaust, and heated door locks!

My Cars
    1993 325i
    Well, according to the part number on it, its a satellite antenna. However even if you found the antenna i highly doubt you would be able plug it in. Your sticker says its Sirius satellite radio. In 2008 Sirius satellite radio and XM radio merged companies (basically the only legal monopoly in the US). Now we call it SiriusXM radio. Now if they kept the same plugs then you might get lucky but you'll still have to pay for their services.

I'm not experienced in satellite radio but I am in business, take it for whatever info you'd please.

My Cars
    01 330 CiC, 05 X3 3.0
    The Pioneer head unit will accept input from a Sirius SXV300 standalone tuner that you can buy separately. The sticker in your car is for an aftermarket Sirius antenna, which if you can find will probably plug into your SXV300. However, you'll get a new antenna with the SXV300, too. I had an e36 convertible, and it was easy to route the cable through the dash, under the door seal and up onto the hood, where I placed it between the hood vents. I had a SXV200 module (actually, still do, it's in my 740,) and was able to cram it behind the head unit in the dash. There's probably more room behind your head unit since it doesn't have a CD player inside.
    Last edited by ConvGeorge; 02-08-2017 at 01:04 PM.

My Cars
    '95 M3 / '03 X3
    I did find the antenna - everything is terribly out of date. I'll pass on messing with it right now until I find a better time to get deep into it to see if the connections were present and I just missed them. Thanks for all the info!

1995 BMW M3/2/5 - Alpine White - Vaders - Stage II Maxsil Pistons, Chipped, 24# Injectors, MagnaFlow Exhaust, and heated door locks!