Thread: Autox/track prep question mainly diff

My Cars
    95 M3/2/5 daytona

Autox/track prep question mainly diff

Hey guys so I have been autocrossing the last year with my 95 M3 going to do it again this year but looking to track by the end of the year or next year I'm at the point where I'm about to order a bunch of bushings.
    my question is are these solid subframe mounts worth it?
    do I need to do extra reinforcements on the subframe not just the sheet metal on the car, diff carrier and also will solids be okay on the diff as well as the upper inner control arms on the rear been thinking about going with a soild/bearing style, and for my Rtab I'm going to go with OEM+limiters (already have) because I drive it on the street sometimes and I know that makes a big difference.
    I like to make my car somewhat Bulletproof when I do upgrades so I'm not worried about it down the road use mainly Turnermotorsports as well
    Thanks!

My Cars
    2012 GTI
    I'll let someone more knowledgeable address your specific questions, but my general advice is to try to have an idea of where you want to run your car (with which organizations/classes) and then read the rule books. You can very easily do something (like solid or bearing-style bushings) that may not be allowed in certain classes and find your car either doesn't have a place to play or you get bumped to a higher class and can't compete. I know starting out there are many directions you can go, but look at what's out there, see what modifications are legal for different classes and go with something widely accepted.
    97 M3 - SCCA TT Prepped
    17 F150 - Tow Pig
    05 S2000 - Sold
    88 325is - S52 powered - Sold
    95 M3 LTW Rep - Death by Altima

My Cars
    Cayman S, Golf GSW, E30
    Quote Originally Posted by matthugie View Post
    I'll let someone more knowledgeable address your specific questions, but my general advice is to try to have an idea of where you want to run your car (with which organizations/classes) and then read the rule books. You can very easily do something (like solid or bearing-style bushings) that may not be allowed in certain classes and find your car either doesn't have a place to play or you get bumped to a higher class and can't compete. I know starting out there are many directions you can go, but look at what's out there, see what modifications are legal for different classes and go with something widely accepted.
    100% truth. Pick a class that meets your financial and fun-mod goals, research the winning recipe, implement winning recipe + maintenance.

My Cars
    95 M3/2/5 daytona
    Oh I'm already out of class to start with my X-brace moved me to STM and H&R race springs. this build right now isn't about class racing it's more about fun and trying to build the car that won't break on me.
    My grandparents are pushing me to get my 67 Firebird done which I am building to race in CAM i have a better chance there

My Cars
    1996 M3 Coupe
    If the x brace is the only thing keeping you out of STR i'd take the xbrace off..