Hi All,

I'm new to BMW's and the forum. I've recently purchased a 2001 540i sport and loving it!

I've been searching for a while for information regarding my issue, there seems to be a lot regarding replacing the abs module due to electronic failure, however I'm getting no warning lights to say there is an issue.

The ABS is loosing fluid out through the side of the aluminium part of the unit from an orifice with a small black cap in it.
this happens whenever the brakes are applied. I only just managed to get home before completely draining the reservoir.

From my searching i've only found one source that says this is a relief valve in case there is bypass of the abs valving. weather this is true or not who knows.

so there are a few scenarios to fix depending on the cause and if parts are available:

1. pull apart Aluminium valve block, see if there is rubber o ring or seal gone bad and replace. keeping existing module not requiring re coding.

2. replace entire module/aluminium block/pump and have it re coded.

3. I'm completely thinking this wrong and it is indeed an electronic issue. someone can tell exactly what this issue is?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Liam.

- - - Updated - - -

A picture tells a thousand words....[IMG][/IMG]