Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Seicane Android 8.8 Inch works with DSP

My Cars
    2000 740IL
    look good

My Cars
    4/'98 E38 735iL
    I was expecting a decent fit and blend with the dash. Little disappointing that it looks like it's shoe horned in there, for what looks like it could be a great option.
    Do you think you could get the unit fitted better or is that it?

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by jazigk View Post
    I was expecting a decent fit and blend with the dash. Little disappointing that it looks like it's shoe horned in there, for what looks like it could be a great option.

yes i have to make it more flush can never
    make anyone happy around here SMH
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    2000 740IL
    Quote Originally Posted by jazigk View Post
    LOL
    really?
    yeah... no making some ppl happy haha

My Cars
    1996 & 2001 BMW 740il
    I think it looks pretty good. I do think I see what he was talking about. I don't think it is a problem with the installation, but the shape of the radio. Looks like the bottom would be better if it were tapered instead of square. The curves don't quite match. That being said, I would take that any day over my factory 4:3 unit... great job M8!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Lead by example, follow by choice."

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    here is another E38 with the radio

17212196_10155588641692565_430695999339240699_o by francopacheco90, on Flickr
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    I also downloaded my XM radio app and works Great LOL.
    Now to get other apps that I can use I still got to connect both camera's to the car and all done.
    When I have down time will make the radio more flush
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    1998 e38 740il
    So franco, can you take some pics or show how the extended wiring harness, which these units all seem to ask for our cars with oem nav, plugs in to the back of the head unit? If our car has the white and blue connectors on the back of the oem head unit, are those used at all when putting this Seicane unit in or are they bypassed completly with the long harness going all the way to the back of the trunk?
    I could never get a straight answer on this since the connectors in the pics don't seem to match anything we have in our car.

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by Greygoose82 View Post
    So franco, can you take some pics or show how the extended wiring harness, which these units all seem to ask for our cars with oem nav, plugs in to the back of the head unit? If our car has the white and blue connectors on the back of the oem head unit, are those used at all when putting this Seicane unit in or are they bypassed completly with the long harness going all the way to the back of the trunk?
    I could never get a straight answer on this since the connectors in the pics don't seem to match anything we have in our car.
    You will need Harness ISO PORT 2 to make it work with the E38 with navigation, you just add this harness to the car and leave the white and blue plugs alone
    harness needs to be ran from the trunk to the front of the car one side connect to the unit. Them take the trunk harness and one connects to the OEM radio and other to the car radio harness. and all works 100%. Did I answer your question.
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    1999 740i M Sport
    In an E38 without factory Nav or DSP.... Does it just plug into the ISO plug & then it's good to go?

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Yep
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    1999 740i M Sport
    Another thing to add to my list! Cheers

My Cars
    1998 e38 740il
    Quote Originally Posted by franco90 View Post
    You will need Harness ISO PORT 2 to make it work with the E38 with navigation, you just add this harness to the car and leave the white and blue plugs alone
    harness needs to be ran from the trunk to the front of the car one side connect to the unit. Them take the trunk harness and one connects to the OEM radio and other to the car radio harness. and all works 100%. Did I answer your question.
    Thanks for clarifying that. So the factory connectors are completely bypassed and not used at all. I’ll be doing this upgrade soon.

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Not a bad look but not a huge fan of those holes on the top corners

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by purplecty View Post
    Not a bad look but not a huge fan of those holes on the top corners
    https://flic.kr/p/SBQsWa
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Fixed
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Not bad Franco. This is the best non NBT radio i have seen yet... The bezel comes with the unit?

My Cars
    1996 & 2001 BMW 740il
    Looking better, really makes me want one!

"Lead by example, follow by choice."

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Yes
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    2010 BMW F10 528i
    So to re-cap, how much did you pay for the unit? What processes are involved, step by step? Are any components in the boot still used etc?

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by purplecty View Post
    not bad franco. This is the best non nbt radio i have seen yet... The bezel comes with the unit?

yep

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy E34 View Post
    So to re-cap, how much did you pay for the unit? What processes are involved, step by step? Are any components in the boot still used etc?

re-cap
    Unit Price
    http://www.seicane.com/8-8-inch-in-d...ontrol-s089993

need to remove old system,monitor, Cd changer, Phone, all you keeping is the dsp amp and OEM radio in the trunk.
    you will them need to remove your front seat and run the new harness from front to back.
    just like this
    http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/479497

them all you need to do is put the car back together and them plug the radios and all done

Did I answer your question.
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    98 740il, 00 540i,04 ZHP
    Wow looks quite good. The company just needs to rework the bezel a little bit to get the curvature right. You'd think they'd test fit one before production to get it right???

Very nice option for all the features it gives. Love the touch screen too
    '98 740il | 9/97 build | schwarz 2 | sandbeige | 5AT | 270k
    '04 330i ZHP sedan | Mystic blue | Alcantara | 6MT | 120k
    '00 540i sport | Titanium silver | Black | 5AT | 152k
    '85 Mustang GT convertible | Medium charcoal metallic | Gray | 5MT | 216k | one owner, all original

mods: m-pars | Bilsteins & B&G springs | ValentineOne | StealthOne
    retrofits: full nav | MKIV | bluetooth TCU | BM53 w/ AUX input | video module w/ AV input & backup cam | oem sirius xm | xenon | shades | PDC | rain sensor | BMW DWS TPMS | lighted door handles | front seat heaters | heated steering wheel | euro rear fog lights | ski pass | folding mirrors

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by racer2086 View Post
    Wow looks quite good. The company just needs to rework the bezel a little bit to get the curvature right. You'd think they'd test fit one before production to get it right???

Very nice option for all the features it gives. Love the touch screen too
    the radio is from another bmw not E38 i took a chance and got it to fit the E38 lol

- - - Updated - - -

I like it just going to filled the frame a little more to make it more flush
    Untitled by francopacheco90, on Flickr

- - - Updated - - -

This is another E38 look at the final results
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    1998 e38 740il
    It looks awesome! Personally I could care less if it's not perfect around the edges or corners because compared to the crappy factory screen and dsp this is the best thing on the market for the e38.

My Cars
    98 740il, 00 540i,04 ZHP
    the radio is from another bmw not E38 i took a chance and got it to fit the E38 lol
    Oh crap! I didn't know it was made for a different car! Well, damn now I think it looks great considering that! Can it run any android app?
    '98 740il | 9/97 build | schwarz 2 | sandbeige | 5AT | 270k
    '04 330i ZHP sedan | Mystic blue | Alcantara | 6MT | 120k
    '00 540i sport | Titanium silver | Black | 5AT | 152k
    '85 Mustang GT convertible | Medium charcoal metallic | Gray | 5MT | 216k | one owner, all original

mods: m-pars | Bilsteins & B&G springs | ValentineOne | StealthOne
    retrofits: full nav | MKIV | bluetooth TCU | BM53 w/ AUX input | video module w/ AV input & backup cam | oem sirius xm | xenon | shades | PDC | rain sensor | BMW DWS TPMS | lighted door handles | front seat heaters | heated steering wheel | euro rear fog lights | ski pass | folding mirrors

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast