Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Seicane Android 8.8 Inch works with DSP

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jimbo View Post
    If anyone is looking for a great deal on this unit let me know. Will let mine go for Base price and include All accessories Dvd, front, rear cameras ect Never installed
    WHY Jimbo? Why are you getting rid of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by franco90 View Post
    I think it will work but you need the long harness from the front to the back of the car.
    kool, thanks... ummm what long harness?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos View Post
    THANKS A LOT Franco... because of this post I've been looking at new units all day.

I currently have the '95 with DSP and that lousy tape deck and the popping has returned when using the volume dial etc..

Why is everyone so big on DSP or no DSP in their car, isn't that basically just the amp? Couldn't I just hook up the head unit and use it's onboard amp?

Or. . . . maybe the DSP works by receiving signals from the mid/tape deck and then out to the speakers MEANING you cannot hook directly in to the speakers at the head unit? Damnit. I'm so out of it with this car I need to get back in there!
    That's the thing Jamos. I thought I read a while back that the DSP amp also tied into some other circuitry which if disabled or bypassed prevented something (aside from speakers) from working right? was it OBD? or something to do with another feature of the car... I'll have to search on here to find it. Anyway I just know it spooked me about doing anything to mess with that DSP circuit.. Maybe I misunderstood? It wouldn't be the first time. lol
    "A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering." - Freeman Dyson

My Cars
    01 750 Sport "Angel"
    Quote Originally Posted by kahlilj View Post
    WHY Jimbo? Why are you getting rid of yours?

kool, thanks... ummm what long harness?

That's the thing Jamos. I thought I read a while back that the DSP amp also tied into some other circuitry which if disabled or bypassed prevented something (aside from speakers) from working right? was it OBD? or something to do with another feature of the car... I'll have to search on here to find it. Anyway I just know it spooked me about doing anything to mess with that DSP circuit.. Maybe I misunderstood? It wouldn't be the first time. lol
    I bought a New car and liquidating all my BMW stuff. Cars will be soon after.

Avenging Angel: 2001 750iL Sport Schwartz II Metallic, too many upgrades to list here..
    Kirsa: 2000 750iL Biarritz Blau Metallic, Born on 11/99. Sold 12/21/13

The Mistress: 1997 744iL Biarritz Blau Metallic, Sold 6/7/12. You will be missed Baby..

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jimbo View Post
    I bought a New car and liquidating all my BMW stuff. Cars will be soon after.
    Say what?? Did I miss the big announcement? What did you get? I'm guessing it's replacing the 750? And what else are you selling?
    "A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering." - Freeman Dyson

My Cars
    01 750 Sport "Angel"
    I just made the purchase and I will get boo'ed out of here so I have been keeping it quiet. With all my back and other med issues I can't work on the cars like I use to so I have to sadly pass them on to others that will continue to keep them up. I will be putting a whole goodie list up soon. I have the 2 750's and an almost complete highline parts car 750 so not going to soil up this post with my stuff..

Oh bought a mint 13 LTZ Malibu 2.0 turbo

Avenging Angel: 2001 750iL Sport Schwartz II Metallic, too many upgrades to list here..
    Kirsa: 2000 750iL Biarritz Blau Metallic, Born on 11/99. Sold 12/21/13

The Mistress: 1997 744iL Biarritz Blau Metallic, Sold 6/7/12. You will be missed Baby..

My Cars
    '95 740i
    That 13 LTZ Malibu is actually a hot car! Quite nice inside as well, can REALLY see the difference between a flagship Bimmer from the '90s and a. . . Malibu today! No comparison, I hate how $20k cars today come with leather wrapped leather bits.

Anyway I'm really looking at one of those Eunavi screens, they go from $250 to $350 to $450 and the only differences seem to be dual core, quad core, octa core. Hmm Angry Birds in the 7 anyone?

I hate that I have this HVAC issue. Going to read up more on that potential code problem Kahlilj brought up.

|| 1995 740i || M60B40 || DUDMD || ̶o̶r̶i̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶e̶ Mercedes Brilliant Blue Metallic || Style 168 Wheels 1" Spacers ||

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    That 13 LTZ Malibu is actually a hot car! Quite nice inside as well, can REALLY see the difference between a flagship Bimmer from the '90s and a. . . Malibu today! No comparison, I hate how $20k cars today come with leather wrapped leather bits.

Anyway I'm really looking at one of those Eunavi screens, they go from $250 to $350 to $450 and the only differences seem to be dual core, quad core, octa core. Hmm Angry Birds in the 7 anyone?

I hate that I have this HVAC issue. Going to read up more on that potential code problem Kahlilj brought up.
    What is Eunavi?

I found a couple of threads mentioning coding and DSP amps. Still can't find the one I "thought" recalled said something about features of the car not working. Anyway it seems it has to do with the NAV system. Heck even Franco chimed in on one of these threads. lol!

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...rofit-problems
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...-coding-eeprom

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind about the Eunavi. I found it: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0722HJSLF

My Cars
    2000 740IL
    any one know if i could get this wired up to work in the e38 ? https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/pts/6214813596.html its local id pick it up if so
    never heard of

My Cars
    '95 740i
    That's a very common one that I've seen in a lot of threads. They bragged a lot about being able to change the colour of the buttons to match the Bimmer's interior. Issue still exists of not enough room due to HVAC space though.

|| 1995 740i || M60B40 || DUDMD || ̶o̶r̶i̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶e̶ Mercedes Brilliant Blue Metallic || Style 168 Wheels 1" Spacers ||

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by mooll View Post
    any one know if i could get this wired up to work in the e38 ? https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/pts/6214813596.html its local id pick it up if so
    never heard of

yes it will work

- - - Updated - - -

That's a very common one that I've seen in a lot of threads. They bragged a lot about being able to change the colour of the buttons to match the Bimmer's interior. Issue still exists of not enough room due to HVAC space though.
    it will fit all you do remove the back and of the unit and it will fit

- - - Updated - - -

What is Eunavi?

Heck even Franco chimed in on one of these threads. lol!

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...rofit-problems
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...-coding-eeprom

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind about the Eunavi. I found it: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0722HJSLF

LOL yes damn FRANCO I was one of the first ones to do Aftermarket with DSP and trust me it can be done.

- - - Updated - - -

Eunavi I dont think it will work , unless you modify it.
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    UPDATE
    The radio works perfect and apps are 100 percent working fine LOL. love my Unit
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Another successful set up
    Another Local member got his unit
    IMG_1002.JPG
    IMG_3779.JPG
    I let him post and tell you about his set up. This is the car IMG_3718.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    2001 bmw 740il

Avin Avant -3

Did you get a chance to look at the Avin Avant-3 (www.avinusa.com) let me what you think?

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by scottbimmer View Post
    Did you get a chance to look at the Avin Avant-3 (www.avinusa.com) let me what you think?
    I just saw this link. That deck looks like it might be the real deal. It has a shallow rear profile which to me means it could fit any E38 - DSP or not, HVAC presence or not, etc.

Are you going to get it?

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    lol it fits lol

El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    lol it fits lol

It fits and you don’t lose OBC features either! Did you see that?!? The only downfall to me is the $700 sticker and that doesn’t include the accessories: mic, iPhone adapter, etc

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    It fits and you don’t lose OBC features either! Did you see that?!? The only downfall to me is the $700 sticker and that doesn’t include the accessories: mic, iPhone adapter, etc

Lol yes it does buddy I have it in my car

El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR

Wait, you have this same model in your car?? I thought you had a different one?

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Wait, you have this same model in your car?? I thought you had a different one?

This is my thread I start it a while back
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR

This is my thread I start it a while back

Are you sure we're talking about the same radio franco? I thought you had this seicane unit:

Seicane S089993.JPG
    and the back of it looks like this:
    Seicane S089993 back.JPG

The Avin unit looks like this:
    Avin 3.JPG
    and here's the low profile back:
    Avin 3 back.JPG

I don't believe these are the same items. So did you get another stereo? lol

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Are you sure we're talking about the same radio franco? I thought you had this seicane unit:

Seicane S089993.JPG
    and the back of it looks like this:
    Seicane S089993 back.JPG

The Avin unit looks like this:
    Avin 3.JPG
    and here's the low profile back:
    Avin 3 back.JPG

I don't believe these are the same items. So did you get another stereo? lol
    No my bad I have the seicane unit
    But I know the Avin-3 will for the E38.
    My bad I missed the posting of the Avin unit.

El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    No my bad I have the seicane unit
    But I know the Avin-3 will for the E38.
    My bad I missed the posting of the Avin unit.

lol! oh ok.. had me thinking I was going crazy. :o

My Cars
    01 740 S- 08 X5-95 325ic
    Hey Kahlilj you thinking about the Avin unit? just about ready to wire in the evo...T minus..counting

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by lad740 View Post
    Hey Kahlilj you thinking about the Avin unit? just about ready to wire in the evo...T minus..counting
    I’m leaving all options open at this point. Lol. I’d much prefer the NBT, but this seems a much easier install.

My Cars
    2001 740 i Sport
    Nice!

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
    [/IMG]

My Cars
    2000 BMW 740I

Seicane 8.8

Hey guys new to the forum, I've been looking into changing my system because it's gone dead. I've been searching the seicane site but haven't been able to locate this system do you have a direct link

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast