Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Seicane Android 8.8 Inch works with DSP

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4

Seicane Android 8.8 Inch works with DSP

As you guys know chief Jimbo and I purchase this unit.
    As you know it said's the unit is plug and play. well it is. the Problem I had was that my 99 DID NOT come with OEM Navigation.
    So I went ahead a couple of years ago and added the OEM Navigation. Anyway I guess When I code it the amp to my car I used NAVCODER,
    To code the AMP. So since I tested the radio and I have no sound I went ahead and ran NAVCODER and my Amp had a error in it. so I ran navcoder and recoded the amp and have sound, steering wheel works, blue tooth works and the navigation is looks awesome.

THIS IS THE UNIT

The Navigation bracket needs to be trim a little to make sure the unit fits in flush.
    See Below.

The unit comes with two harnesses one short one for those with no Navigation and one long one for those with Navigation. But make sure you get the Correct Harness YOU will need Harness ISO PORT 2 17 pin .

They send me the wrong harness, so make sure when you order that you get the harness.

The units side by side.

Anyway please stand by for the DIY once I get the correct harness.
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    1996 & 2001 BMW 740il
    Awesome Thanks for the info. I would like to hear more of your thoughts on this after you get it in the dash and get a chance to play with it a little more. Keep us posted please!
    "Lead by example, follow by choice."

My Cars
    2010 BMW F10 528i
    Couple of questions.

You say that you had to code the amp as you didn't have navigation from factory.

Does that mean that those of us who have navigation from factory can skip this step?

Secondly, you say that they sent the wrong harness. What is this harness used for if it does not fit our cars? Will every person need to request the correct harness when ordering one of these units?

Also I wonder how this would go being installed in a RHD E38... The RHD seems to have less room behind the dash so I'm worried about that.

My Cars
    1998 E38 750iL
    Very interested in hearing the specifics of coding the amp to work. I have my eye on an Android unit for the future but I'd be happy to keep my DSP amp and speakers - whether they're stock or aftermarket, everything in my car sounds great at the moment.

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy E34 View Post
    Couple of questions.

You say that you had to code the amp as you didn't have navigation from factory.

Does that mean that those of us who have navigation from factory can skip this step?

Secondly, you say that they sent the wrong harness. What is this harness used for if it does not fit our cars? Will every person need to request the correct harness when ordering one of these units?

Also I wonder how this would go being installed in a RHD E38... The RHD seems to have less room behind the dash so I'm worried about that.

YES

Also I wonder how this would go being installed in a RHD E38... The RHD seems to have less room behind the dash so I'm worried about that.[/QUOTE]

YES and if no sound them navcoder

the Unit is made for the X5 and the X5 has the 40 pin harness our cars have the 17 pin.

That

I dont know there is a guy in europe who did the same radio and it fits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    Very interested in hearing the specifics of coding the amp to work. I have my eye on an Android unit for the future but I'd be happy to keep my DSP amp and speakers - whether they're stock or aftermarket, everything in my car sounds great at the moment.
    ok
    Last edited by franco90; 01-30-2017 at 08:50 PM.
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    WELL
    We will have to wait until I get the long 17 pin harness to finish the install.
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    98 750iL, 01 740iL
    wow, steering button work you said? R/T, call/drop, volume, and changing radio presets?

not important, but what about scrolling through contacts with wheel?

My Cars
    1998 750iL Individual
    So what about the MID functions? Did you just relocate it to the rear or glovebox?
    Own an E38? Add it to the E38 Registry!

http://www.e38registry.org/

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by MKIVJZA80 View Post
    wow, steering button work you said? R/T, call/drop, volume, and changing radio presets?

not important, but what about scrolling through contacts with wheel?

IDK
    anyway to me that don't matter. I just try the volume and radio station, I have not set it the steering wheel as of yet .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrCi View Post
    So what about the MID functions? Did you just relocate it to the rear or glovebox?

yep 1000%
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    1998 750iL Individual
    Quote Originally Posted by franco90 View Post
    IDK
    anyway to me that don't matter. I just try the volume and radio station, I have not set it the steering wheel as of yet .

- - - Updated - - -

yep 1000%
    Pictures?
    Own an E38? Add it to the E38 Registry!

http://www.e38registry.org/

My Cars
    01 750 Sport "Angel"
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCi View Post
    Pictures?
    Right now everything is a little backwards due to the short harness problem. Working that out with the company now but they are on holiday so a little challenging at the moment. Will get there, as of now the headunit is in the trunk and the MID is still up front but once the harness is shipped and received then we can swap everything around and permanently mount the system.

Avenging Angel: 2001 750iL Sport Schwartz II Metallic, too many upgrades to list here..
    Kirsa: 2000 750iL Biarritz Blau Metallic, Born on 11/99. Sold 12/21/13

The Mistress: 1997 744iL Biarritz Blau Metallic, Sold 6/7/12. You will be missed Baby..

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jimbo View Post
    Right now everything is a little backwards due to the short harness problem. Working that out with the company now but they are on holiday so a little challenging at the moment. Will get there, as of now the headunit is in the trunk and the MID is still up front but once the harness is shipped and received then we can swap everything around and permanently mount the system.

they
    said the earliest they can send out the correct harnesses is going to be after feb 6,2017.
    but the good news is the unit works.
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    2010 BMW F10 528i
    Is there a menu for the fuel consumption and range etc.?

My Cars
    1997 750 IL
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy E34 View Post
    Is there a menu for the fuel consumption and range etc.?
    You can run an app like torque pro and it shows that stuff and more.
    ---- Processing Individual ----
    Z1XX Upholstery
    Seats front and back in Epingle / leather englishgruen,
    As Schl.Nr. B9EG.
    Front seat backrest in Montana Englishgruen (No. 8 174 861)
    Other interior equipment as for Volleder Nappa englischgruen,
    Schl.Nr. P5EG

My Cars
    98 750iL, 01 740iL
    ChiefJimbo, any confirmation on steering wheel controls- presets, R/T, volume, voice, call/drop?

My Cars
    01 750 Sport "Angel"
    I don't have mine fully installed yet so I can't say. I am working on the transmission on the car right now. Then finish up the stereo, change out struts and swap out the full interior.

Avenging Angel: 2001 750iL Sport Schwartz II Metallic, too many upgrades to list here..
    Kirsa: 2000 750iL Biarritz Blau Metallic, Born on 11/99. Sold 12/21/13

The Mistress: 1997 744iL Biarritz Blau Metallic, Sold 6/7/12. You will be missed Baby..

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by MKIVJZA80 View Post
    ChiefJimbo, any confirmation on steering wheel controls- presets, R/T, volume, voice, call/drop?

jesus
    Guy it has a menu on what you can set up your steering wheel and i seeing at least 14 different buttons you can set your steering wheel
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    2007 Alpina B7
    wow, that's awesome....
    2000 740i Sport

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by cazal740i View Post
    wow, that's awesome....
    similar
    to this model

Last edited by franco90; 02-02-2017 at 09:15 AM.
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by franco90 View Post
    similar
    to this model
    Good info, but these steering wheel buttons are 4 way (up, down, left, right). Ours are only 2 way (up & down)? So how will it work with ours? Will the layout be in a single column (1x16) instead of a 4x4 matrix? Not sure how you will hit the confirm buttons (start, store, reset) on the right side of the menu above either..
    "A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering." - Freeman Dyson

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by kahlilj View Post
    Good info, but these steering wheel buttons are 4 way (up, down, left, right). Ours are only 2 way (up & down)? So how will it work with ours? Will the layout be in a single column (1x16) instead of a 4x4 matrix? Not sure how you will hit the confirm buttons (start, store, reset) on the right side of the menu above either..

that is a sample picture, as I remember you can attached any button to any of the available functions.
    I am going to use the phone button on my steering wheel to open up my phone contacts .
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    01 740iL & 92 GTI
    Does this work with iPhone or just android phones?

No BITCHASSEDNESS!!

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Rocka View Post
    Does this work with iPhone or just android phones?

iphone
    as well I hope t does I have an I phone
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    01 740i,E93 M3,E30 325is
    This looks very interesting I am going to subscribe to this thread. Love to see how it looks and works when complete.

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
    This looks very interesting I am going to subscribe to this thread. Love to see how it looks and works when complete.
    LOL
    I know right the system will be in after Feb 10 since the seller has to send me the new harness
    El Cid 1999 IL

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast