Thread: comments on Day. 24 last lap spin??????

comments on Day. 24 last lap spin??????

I just watched it 2x.....

i think it was a bit edgy, but a clean aggressive move.....albuquerque could have given him room..he seemed to move back into taylor.

My Cars
    BMW
    was porsche won this race?

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    It was definitely an aggressive move and Taylor was lucky they called it their way, because I could've seen the call go either way. It was a darn good race though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

I agree......it coulda gone either way.

reading more into the back story, I see y he did it. A few yrs of coming so so very close, and a legendary teamate about to retire....he felt this was his move.

he says he saw this move over and over thru the race as the other car oft struggled there.

Did you read how the driver that spun feels Taylor shoulda waited for him to catch up......Like in biking, in the TDF?.......
    Last edited by jrkoupe; 01-30-2017 at 12:12 PM.

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    I have no problem with trying that move, but since it failed they could've dropped Taylor behind Albuquerque. However, there is always the interpretation of whether that minimal overlap is 'enough', and I don't know what that series rules specifically say about that. And what kind of precedent previous rulings set.

I'd have to have driven that corner to know if that's enough overlap to justify Albuquerque having to leave room and not turn in. Is it possible to make the corner ok on that wider line?

Above all I have to go with a very basic principle and side with a car that caught up and was on the other one's gearbox as being quicker: IMO passing shouldn't be made completely impossible, especially with close rulings, when there's enough speed differential. If the driver that was passed is fast enough, they can attempt a counter-move.

Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 20.04.09.jpg
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    04 330i zhp; 06 Cooper S
    I'm fine with that move too. I don't like contact and don't think drivers should barge their way through, but I don't think that's what happened here. ALB left that door open - I think because he overcooked the entry under pressure and was hanging on - and Taylor was faster and ready. He was "along side" in my book, and I don't want penalties to determine races unless it's unavoidable.

It was an excellent race in all classes. Love the Rolex 24.