Thread: Looking for mods. 08 535xi e60 n54

My Cars
    2008 Bmw 535xi

Looking for mods. 08 535xi e60 n54

Hey guys I'm looking to put some mods in my car and I'm not sure which to do. There's some that I know I want but I want to know what some of you guys have and are running and brands, that's pretty much where I'm stuck is the brands. It's my daily so not going for race track status but I still want to get more power and torque and what else i can add or replace to make it healthier, like catch can and what not to keep the oil where it needs to be. Cosmetics as well, lights and body parts, and for anyone else that has an xi and you have a staggered tire set up what did you go with. Thanks much guys looking forward to hearing from you guys soon. Pic's welcome the more the merrier, everyone love's pic's.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    I use a JB4 but the Cobb is easier to install if you cannot DIY. The JB+ is also easy to install but makes less power than the JB4 or Cobb.

There is much more you can do, but start there and add more later if you feel you need it -- downpipes, meth injection, intake, catch can.

Since the AWD and traction control use wheel speed input, look into whether disturbing the tire diameters is an issue if you go staggered. Or choose your sizes to maintain the same front to rear percentage differential as you have now. You can find specs at Tire Rack.

My Cars
    2008 Bmw 535xi
    I figured that was good place to start. Maybe it's me but I seem to be having a hard time finding down pipes, do you/anyone else you know have and where did you guys get them? I can diy pretty well, I just don't have the space to do it yet. I'm trying to see if any friends have pit's or shops if it then I'm buying parts and taking to a shop haha. I've talked to Bmw and they said I can stagger just gotta keep the aspect the same. Just wanted to see what others have if they did decide to.

My Cars
    991.1 / 958.2
    Finding downpipes for the awd models is tough. I think AR makes some. Other than that, not too sure.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    VRSF, AR maybe others for 535i. Don't know about 535xi.. Google.

My Cars
    2008 535xi, 2011 328xi
    The VRSF pipes for the rwd will fill but the front pipe has to be modified to clear the front diff.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapplekid View Post
    Hey guys I'm looking to put some mods in my car and I'm not sure which to do. There's some that I know I want but I want to know what some of you guys have and are running and brands, that's pretty much where I'm stuck is the brands. It's my daily so not going for race track status but I still want to get more power and torque and what else i can add or replace to make it healthier, like catch can and what not to keep the oil where it needs to be. Cosmetics as well, lights and body parts, and for anyone else that has an xi and you have a staggered tire set up what did you go with. Thanks much guys looking forward to hearing from you guys soon. Pic's welcome the more the merrier, everyone love's pic's.
    JB4
    VRSF Charge Pipe
    AR Design Downpipe
    Wagner Tuning Intercooler
    Injen Intake

I can do combo deals if you are interested in getting some of these parts at the same time

My Cars
    2008 Bmw 535xi
    So I'm thinking about doing AR down pipes and JB4 with Bluetooth soon and I wanna do an exhaust to, but I don't want a cheap sound. I like the deep and quiet till you get on it sound. When I the AR's I'm gunna do catted, should I get resonators with it or with it and do I need an exhaust and if so sounds like everyone does axle back, what's your guys take on it?

My Cars
    E30 325is
    AR downpipes, FMIC (7 inch VRSF) and MHD stage II tune (unless you want logs then go with the JB4).

I recommend going without cats or resonators on the downpipes. As far as exhaust best bet is muffler delete. Follow threads by ucsbwsr, he's the leader of the pack for E61 modifications.

https://5series.net/forums/e61-touri...ve-all-135223/
    "To live in the hearts we leave behind is to never die"
    -Carl Sagan