Thread: E36 M3 Reinforced and Powdercoated Rear Subframe - No Longer Available

My Cars
    E36

E36 M3 Reinforced and Powdercoated Rear Subframe - No Longer Available

E36 M3 Reinforced and Powdercoated Rear Subframe

Fully reinforced and professionally powdercoated rear subframe, ready for bushings. I first had this subframe sandblasted, then a TON of time was spent welding every single part that was only spot-welded (and prone to cracking) from the factory. Diff mount plates were fabricated and welded in, as well as AKG sway bar mount reinforcement plates. Then once all welding and reinforcing was complete, it was professionally powdercoated black by Action Powder Coating in Long Island, NY. I never got around to doing my rear-end overhaul, so this amazing piece has never been used. If you have a track car or even a street car with stiff subframe/diff bushings and don't want to mess around, you need this!

List Date: 1/26/2017

For more info, click here to view the original listing: E36 M3 Reinforced and Powdercoated Rear Subframe
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

My Cars
    98' M3
    Not trying to be a dick but Garagrstic offers the same service for less than 250. reinforced and powder coated (red or black).

anyways! GLWS!

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcsilvm33333 View Post
    Not trying to be a dick but Garagrstic offers the same service for less than 250. reinforced and powder coated (red or black).

anyways! GLWS!
    I don't think you're a dick, just uninformed. The one they offer is not reinforced in any way, just has sway bar tabs and powder coat. Most of us remove the rear sway bar anyway, so it is no different than a standard subframe (just prettier). I would not use that one on a car with stiffer differential bushings that sees track use, as it will fail guaranteed. Mine has the diff mounts completely boxed in, and every other spot weld completed. Two completely different animals. You can use mine in a track car, which is why it was made.

My Cars
    98 M3/4/6, 16 M3/6
    pm sent

My Cars
    99 M3 coupe, 09 STI (for
    Shrugs, I have been running a stock sub frame in all mY m3's which see full race duty. I've never had one fail. Ten years running
    If you think can't, you're right

Bruce

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel1 View Post
    Shrugs, I have been running a stock sub frame in all mY m3's which see full race duty. I've never had one fail. Ten years running
    You're either super lucky, or haven't looked close enough. I had an E36 years ago with upgraded sway bars, and it just about ripped both mounts off the car, and that was with zero track time. The person who purchased this subframe from me needs it to replace the one in his car that is bent and causing alignment/vibration issues. Even though I have nothing to sell anymore, I will tell you or anyone else that having a reinforced subframe like this is very important. Maybe not as extreme as this one, but you need to at least address the fail points if you care.

My Cars
    99 M3 coupe, 09 STI (for
    Quote Originally Posted by cscat87 View Post
    You're either super lucky, or haven't looked close enough. I had an E36 years ago with upgraded sway bars, and it just about ripped both mounts off the car, and that was with zero track time. The person who purchased this subframe from me needs it to replace the one in his car that is bent and causing alignment/vibration issues. Even though I have nothing to sell anymore, I will tell you or anyone else that having a reinforced subframe like this is very important. Maybe not as extreme as this one, but you need to at least address the fail points if you care.
    I have the car on the left after every event. Sub frame mounts are reinforced, but all my rear SF's have been stock. This with 800/900 springs and big bars.
    If you think can't, you're right

Bruce

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcsilvm33333 View Post

anyways! GLWS!
    You just made my day! I will be buying front and rear sets this year!