Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Need help! E36 won't start

My Cars
    Bmw 328is coupe

Need help! E36 won't start

Hey there, so I need some help figuring out why my car won't start. I have a 1997 328is 2 door coupe, and I recently swapped over the harness with the fuse box because mine was poop. Car ran fine before, just the old harness didn't have the wires for windows, sunroof, radio, ext because I stripped it down for the track. Well I decided I wanted to make it street legal so I would like all that back.

I picked up a parts beam with everything I need to do so. I finished it all up, and everything works great again, except that the car won't start it doesn't even crank over. I checked power to starter that's good, all grounds are good, starter relay has power to it and makes a clock when I turn the ignition.

I swapped over the ews ll module, plus the key, the copper wire ring dude "sorry don't know the name of it" and the ag/ews "one little black part with a white plug in and black plug in" and the dme as well.

And yet I still get no start, am I forgetting something along the way? Hopefully someone has had a similar issue and could help me!
    Thank you!

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

Please post this in the E36 sub section as it's nothing to do with car audio.

It's not possible to diagnose over a forum like this until you begin testing specific bits for where the issue lies. You'll need to check multiple areas starting with the basics i.e is there enough fuel in the tank? is the fuel pump working? is there any blockages on the fuel supply, are spark plugs operative and connected and so forth. You'll then come across aspects which don't seem to work and that's where you can look to see how to resolve them.

Cheers, Dennis!