Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So, just how much better are MCS double adjustables vs Koni's?

My Cars
    Cayman S, Golf GSW, E30
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWyte View Post
    Fastest way to quicker lap times are brand new sticky tires....
    Already running <10 heat cycle R1-Ss!

My Cars
    1999 m3 and 740iL
    MCS's certainly sound like a good shock, but clearly there are some fast people running on "lesser" coilover setups. IMO TCK DA's aren't exactly a bottom tier coilover either. Really curious to see if & how much your lap times change as a result.

My Cars
    '98 M3
    Yup, I've had TCK DA's in the past, they're a very nice setup. Honestly I think with most of us amateur drivers the equipment isn't what's holding us back, its whats inbetween our ears.

I freely admit that I bought these MCS' because they were like new, local and the price was right. In my defense, I don't have TCK DA's, I have GC SA's. That are old. Really, really old. Ahhhh, now I feel better about spending money on the MCS'.
    '03 911 Turbo 6MT fun car
    '18 Toyota Land Cruiser Daily driver/Ski Machine/Off Roader
    '15 Cayenne Diesel Wife's DD
    '17 KTM 690 "Adv" 2 wheeled Adventurer

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWyte View Post
    Yup, I've had TCK DA's in the past, they're a very nice setup. Honestly I think with most of us amateur drivers the equipment isn't what's holding us back, its whats in between our ears.

I freely admit that I bought these MCS' because they were like new, local and the price was right. In my defense, I don't have TCK DA's, I have GC SA's. That are old. Really, really old. Ahhhh, now I feel better about spending money on the MCS'.
    I'm clearly in this category, but hell, if money can buy me time, so be it.

My Cars
    2005 M3,1999 528i
    I just ran the first season with MCS 2WNRs after seven years running AST 4100s on my E46 M3 and can't say enough good about them. Be prepared to be amazed. They transformed the car in both autocross and HPDE after changing only the dampers and allowed me to address handling issues I chased for years,especially the ability to put down power on corner exit. This was my first experience with double adjustable dampers and my only regret is not making the switch sooner. The ability to adjust compression is a huge benefit and with these dampers every click is very noticeable making it easy to change the handling characteristics of the car. The car feels so planted and well controlled it really inspires confidence in the car's ability to stick. The added confidence has been a big factor in helping me take my driving up a notch or two. And it's actually been a lot of fun dialing in the car which I did on my own. It took a few events and lots of note taking but once I felt good about the car I talked with Lex at MCS and Terry Vorshlag and both confirmed my damper settings were very much in the range they would expect/recommend. The MCS recommended initial settings of 4c/8r are a good starting point. To OP,hope you enjoy your suspension as much as I have.
    Mike Kenney
    E46 M3

My Cars
    Cayman S, Golf GSW, E30
    Anyone interested in some TCK DAs?

My Cars
    '98 M3
    Do it. You know you want to
    '03 911 Turbo 6MT fun car
    '18 Toyota Land Cruiser Daily driver/Ski Machine/Off Roader
    '15 Cayenne Diesel Wife's DD
    '17 KTM 690 "Adv" 2 wheeled Adventurer

My Cars
    Cayman S, Golf GSW, E30
    Quote Originally Posted by cohny View Post
    Interesting, I didn't realize that. I thought there were several E36s running MCS at COM. Anyways that's great news for me. I was planning on getting a Bilstein PSS9 setup with a linear spring conversion for next season if I can swing it.
    Actually, you're right, Greg is on MCSs, but his car was broken most of last season. So two cars on MCSs, two on PSS9s, like 18 other misc. cars with who knows what. Actually Jason in the SpecE46 is also on MCSs.

Well good damn thing I just bought some! (1WNRs)
    Last edited by TXBDan; 12-28-2017 at 09:48 AM.

My Cars
    88 5000 CS Avant
    I hope a random challenger doesn't show up and clean up in aisle T70...
    Sounds like maybe there are some rules changes that got approved to shake things up, Troy said they should be posted on 1/1. I'm staying tuned, might be up for a change from SC if the rules look good.
    '91 Civic DX race car
    '08 M3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123