Thread: Rebuilt title 2003 m3 value

My Cars
    E46

Rebuilt title 2003 m3 value

Front end hit airbag didn't deploy was fixed he said perfect pics speak for them selves it has a rebuilt title how much do you guys think It's worth? Needs yaw sensor and steering angle sensor. 114000 miles. Smg he said shifts perfectCars a Florida car that got driven down to New York this year. Let me know thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2006 Estoril Blue/Cin M3
    There are a lot of "he said" notations in that description. They didn't total it and issue a rebuilt title for a minor bumper repair with no airbag deployment.

Get a PPI and find out what you are really considering buying. The devil is in the details.

My Cars
    E46
    Thanks but that didn't answer my question what do you think the value of
    It is

My Cars
    E46
    It is

My Cars
    2006 Estoril Blue/Cin M3
    You want people to guess the value of a car that had a wreck, was declared a total loss, had some unknown repairs to some unknown level of completeness - that they know nothing about and have never seen or driven? A car whose condition you only know what the owner is telling you ("he says").

And people would be basing that opinion on what? And you'll rely on those baseless opinions because?

Were the subframe mounts reinforced? VANOS bulletproofed? What shape is the SMG pump in? When was the last major service? What was done? What did you learn from the maintenance records (not Carfax - which is mostly worthless)?

dworthy is offline Wagon meister :) BMW Tech Expert
    My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickmazzzone View Post
    It is

It's worth 5k with a rebuilt title, there's your answer.
    Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    95 318is Montreal Blue Met (297)/Beige(K1SN) RIP, killed by an Idiot.
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    82 528i euro Saphire Blue Met/Blue Leather RIP
    79 525 euro Green/Green RIP
    79 318 Silver/Black - The first one that got it all started
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    2006 Toyota Tundra
    ^^exactly. $6k at best.

My Cars
    1991 325ic, 1994 325is
    interior is shotsy, multiple damaged body panels, mismatched wheels are a big warning sign also. 5k is max I would go. Looks like a trainwreck.

2002 M3 Vert 6 speed with hardtop

1991 325i 'vert auto

1994 325is 5spd

2004 x5 4.4

2001 325i sedan

My Cars
    03.5 CB M3, 99 TiAg M3
    I'm assuming the car is a 2003.5? As a guy who just purchased a Rebuilt-Salvage title 6-speed 2003.5 Carbon M3 Coupe, make sure he has photos of the damage and PLENTY of receipts for it. I spent more than $6k for mine with a newer '04 motor (with paperwork/title from that car), but it is completely stock; the clutch, brakes, subframe, all bushings, shocks/springs, cooling system, VANOS, and more have all been replaced with the Blackstone oil analysis as well. I wouldn't give the guy more than $5500-6000 if he is short on receipts and paperwork.

Also, considering the car has been registered since it was hit, see if you can get the paperwork from actual the DMV inspection (assuming that applies in MA like in CT).

Here's what I would recommend:
    > Ask if the car has ever had rod bearings done or Blackstone Oil Analysis done (should give you an idea about wear levels inside the motor). If neither, you can definitely have more flexibility on price.
    > Get the car on a lift to inspect front end for frame damage or warping ("pics speak for themselves" is a terrible explanation to describe the condition of the car).
    > Also inspect rear end for diff leaks and subframe/floor cracks. Even if its an 03+, it'll eventually need reinforcement plates put in after years of use.
    > The SMG may be a ticking time bomb. Any SMG can 'shift perfect'. Lots of he-said in here.
    > Check that the car has DOT-R parts from BMW. Based on the photos, it looks to have been repaired rather cheaply (could be wrong though)
    > Check rear tire well, etc for repairs for rear hits too... you never know unless you look (reason is rear bumper fitment is off on the middle-left side; could just be sag though)

**Also, is it just me, or does that left rear wheel look EXTREMELY toed-in?

Hope this helps man! Good luck!
    Last edited by MrFunkengruven; 02-27-2017 at 11:04 PM.

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickmazzzone View Post
    It is

I think he answered your question as good as anyone could given the lack of information you shared.
    His response should have triggered your thought process to delve deeper with the owner.....

My Cars
    various
    I'd knock 10%-20% off the value for a similar car, right off the bat.
    This one looks like hot garbage.

Cars

My Cars
    1999 M3,
    The car is a $5k headache

My Cars
    E46 wag. E36 convertible
    I understand...What NOW is the value? I say....NOT the high value of an 'unblemished' candidate!

You are the subject of "Severe" under-value...for the car here that you reference.

Your car is worth SHIT...as a result! You will never realize it's value as before.

Hire a lawyer...

My Cars
    03 M3 00 740i 98 528i
    About the only way to legitimately get a clean title on a European made car after it's been totaled in the US is to ship it back to Europe, and have the vehicle recertified and then shipped back which would then have a clean title once again. Assuming it passed inspection.
    2000 740i - 149K - Dville Monsoon rear deck speaker upgrade, GROM audio Bluetooth
    1998 528i - 204K - GROM audio Bluetooth setup, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, BSW Stage One speaker kit, Facelift Xenon's with Angel Eyes
    2003 M3 - 210K - BMW Euro Cross Drilled Rotors