Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Extreme Budget e46 Build

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by abest521 View Post
    Mike from Detroit Drifting is doing all the fab work. He is a fab wizard. And I know its a huge pain in the ass job.
    Whoa! You're going high end with that "cheap" POS chassis. Not cheap when Mike's done I guess.

I've gotten nice stuff from as close as the Columbus area. They think they have bad weather down there, but it seems to be enough better than ours that their cars rust a lot less.

My Cars
    2000 328i, B5 VW Passat
    Quote Originally Posted by tptrsn View Post
    Whoa! You're going high end with that "cheap" POS chassis. Not cheap when Mike's done I guess.

I've gotten nice stuff from as close as the Columbus area. They think they have bad weather down there, but it seems to be enough better than ours that their cars rust a lot less.
    Yeah I figure if I ever cage this one I will know it can handle it. Its pretty much the only thing I am spending a good chunk of change on.
    IG: allen_union

My Cars
    2000 328i, B5 VW Passat
    Got the car back with a welded diff, revshift bushings and subframe reinforcements and had some 4th of July fun

Diff started leaking a couple days ago. Got under it and the cover bolts were barely hand tight. re torqued them and topped off the fluid. They were torqued properly before. Anyone ever have that happen to them back out on their own before?
    Last edited by abest521; 07-14-2017 at 04:32 PM.

My Cars
    2000 328i, B5 VW Passat
    Took some photos of the new wheels. I like the fitment and are probably going to rock these as daily wheels.

Also test fitted the advans...

BMW e46 by Allen Best, on Flickr

Theyre just a little too wide in the rear and def too wide on the front. Ill run them whenever I am able to get the hard motorsport flares.

Future things to do with this car is just preventative maintenance MAF, PCV hoses, water pump and t-stat. Then I will hit up some local drift events and get to learning. I dont want to have to worry about this car failing at a track. I want to get to a track and be able to concentrate on my driving skills.
    Last edited by abest521; 07-15-2017 at 09:09 PM.

My Cars
    2000 328i, B5 VW Passat
    Welp just fried the clutch in "mexico/canada" practicing donuts and figure 8s. With 240k miles it was on its way out especially with my spirited driving so im not suprised. Anyone have a suggestion for clutch upgrade on a stock setup? Probably going to be down and out for a while. Since I will be under there replacing a bunch of shit I plan on doing ebay headers and a full exhaust so I can here the car instead of everyone else along with a bunch of other little maintenance things.
    Last edited by abest521; 07-23-2017 at 07:14 PM.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    I've had very good luck with gripforce clutches in my cars.

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    I actually used a stock e46 clutch. It's holding great, as it should, being a brand new clutch. Reused my flywheel, since it had no play, and everything's perfectly smooth. My next clutch will be a stage one or two though, I see where a stiffer grabbier clutch would be nicer, but the stock one really does the job fine. Other than headers+exhuast, are you doing any power mods? Any FI plans?

My Cars
    2000 328i, B5 VW Passat
    Quote Originally Posted by awp235 View Post
    I actually used a stock e46 clutch. It's holding great, as it should, being a brand new clutch. Reused my flywheel, since it had no play, and everything's perfectly smooth. My next clutch will be a stage one or two though, I see where a stiffer grabbier clutch would be nicer, but the stock one really does the job fine. Other than headers+exhuast, are you doing any power mods? Any FI plans?
    Yeah I thought about going stock again but why not for a little bit more $$ just go to stage 1 or 2 as I know Im going to be beating the piss out of the clutch. I dont plan on going FI just because I highly doubt this engine will be able to handle it at the time that my skills catch up to my car and I feel I need more power. If that makes sense. Headers, exhaust, maybe CAI if when I do more research on it I feel it is worth it, maybe some sort of ebay tune to move the rev limiter up and delete the rear O2 sensor and take full advantage of intake and exhaust. Then if the car is still surviving after that and I run out of things to do with it I might do the m54 intake manifold and throttle body.

My Cars
    2000 328i, B5 VW Passat
    Anyone ever see anything like this before from the trailing arm buckets? I got these custom buckets from a guy on IG because they are more adjustable than the stock ones. but I guess I have to go back to the stock ones.

There a good place that has strong replacement trailing arm buckets?

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I'm more concerned about that rust.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234