Thread: Driver Assistance Plus 2017 X1

My Cars
    2017 X1

Driver Assistance Plus 2017 X1

Can one of the experts tell me when I should expect to see the red car light come on when I approach a car in front of me with Driver assistance plus enabled? I have the warning set on early with everything turned on correctly. I am asking because I have about 2k mikes on the car and I have never seen the red car light come on. I think there might be something wrong with the camera. The dealer insists its working fine but told me it's too dangerous to test. Thsnks in advance for your help.

My Cars
    2013 BMW X1 M-Sports
    I personally don't own one with Driver Assistance Plus, but drove BMW 2017 loaners couple time. Please watch this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96y9Xv6tAbg). I don't think the red car light is what you want, but rather the green car light when all systems are on. The car will stop or slow down automatically when it doesn't register your feet pressure on the brake pedal while the car is approaching another car in front of it. Sometimes it is annoying occasionally, because it doesn't let me get close to the car in front of me most of the time (for real!)

My Cars
    2012 BMW X3 35i
    I am speaking from my 2015 x3. The red car will only go on if it feels that your approach speed is too fast and the car in front of you isn't moving fast enough. It will light up on your dash and HUD and you will hear a beep. If it feels a collision is imminent, the red car will blink and the beeping will be fast and furious and your car will start to brake. You'll only see you in those situations so I wouldn't try it out. Maybe you can test it with a box or something.

When I first got my car I didn't notice it and I too wondered if it worked. However as you get comfortable with the car, you take a few more chances and undoubtedly it will happen. Now I try to avoid it from happening. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk