Thread: Z4 Bluetooth Module

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 Roasdter

Z4 Bluetooth Module

If I purchase a Z4 that doesn't have Bluetooth for phone calls and listening to music on my phone is there an aftermarket Bluetooth module I can buy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Fleet:
    2003 BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0i
    2013 Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited

My Cars
    06 M Roadster Red/Blk
    Quote Originally Posted by dblcrona View Post
    If I purchase a Z4 that doesn't have Bluetooth for phone calls and listening to music on my phone is there an aftermarket Bluetooth module I can buy?

I believe something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281098401483...AIT&rmvSB=true would do what you want. Just make sure it is the correct model for your audio system. DSP or no DSP makes a big difference in what you need.

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 Roasdter
    I did check that one out and it doesn't work with the navigation system. Thanks though.

Fleet:

My Cars
    06 M Roadster Red/Blk
    I did check that one out and it doesn't work with the navigation system. Thanks though.

Are you sure about that? It should work as the amp is the same for any top end system. DSP or not(yours has DSP if it has nav) is the determining factor as the connection is different. The nav screen should have no impact.

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 Roasdter
    Quote Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
    Are you sure about that? It should work as the amp is the same for any top end system. DSP or not(yours has DSP if it has nav) is the determining factor as the connection is different. The nav screen should have no impact.
    It said right in the product description that it doesn't work with the navigation system.

Fleet:

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 Roasdter
    My bad, you're right. I read the compatibility chart wrong. This looks like the ticket. Thanks!

Ken

Fleet:

My Cars
    06 M Roadster Red/Blk
    You could also try these guys: http://gromaudio.com/store/all-bmwt.html it looks like they have something that would work as well. I would call and ask to make sure you get the right items.

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 Roasdter
    You could also try these guys: http://gromaudio.com/store/all-bmwt.html it looks like they have something that would work as well. I would call and ask to make sure you get the right items.
    That looks interesting. I will check it out. Thanks a lot.

Ken

Fleet:

My Cars
    06 M Roadster Red/Blk
    That looks interesting. I will check it out. Thanks a lot.

Ken

I just read you went with a simple Aux-in cable in your other thread. That is a good wired option for sure and a lot cheaper.

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 Roasdter
    I just read you went with a simple Aux-in cable in your other thread. That is a good wired option for sure and a lot cheaper.
    I did go with the Aux Input. I bought a cheap knockoff and I get no sound out of the left speakers. So I ordered the BMW kit that replaces the ashtray and has an aux in jack. Hopefully that will fix that issue.

When I installed it I had to unplug something else in order to be able to plug it in. However I can't figure out what the heck I unplugged because everything is still functioning. My iPod dock in the glovebox still works and so does the navigation. I don't have a CD changer so I'm guessing that maybe that was the connection for the CD changer and that they just plugged it into the stereo at assembly even though there wasn't one installed in the car. Any thoughts?

Fleet:

My Cars
    06 M Roadster Red/Blk
    How strange. I too have the iPod integration and thought you could have either that, a cd changer or aux-in. It sounds like you can have more than one at the same time which is pretty cool.

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 3.0i
    I did go with the Aux Input. I bought a cheap knockoff and I get no sound out of the left speakers. So I ordered the BMW kit that replaces the ashtray and has an aux in jack. Hopefully that will fix that issue.

When I installed it I had to unplug something else in order to be able to plug it in. However I can't figure out what the heck I unplugged because everything is still functioning. My iPod dock in the glovebox still works and so does the navigation. I don't have a CD changer so I'm guessing that maybe that was the connection for the CD changer and that they just plugged it into the stereo at assembly even though there wasn't one installed in the car. Any thoughts?

seems weird. I have the cd changer with no navigation. When I get my AUX in, I will snap a photo of the back.

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 Roasdter
    So I did finally install the BMW ashtray aux in and it works great except for a ground loop issue somewhere that caused alternator whine in the speakers when my phone is plugged in and charging. I ordered a noise filter that is supposed to take care of that. I'm just still not certain that what I unplugged in order to install the aux in wasn't the factory Bluetooth module. However, I have read a lot of different instructions on how to pair your phone and I don't have the Bluetooth pairing button on the center console everyone talks about or the steering wheel controls so I'm assuming that I don't have it. Is there a way to get info on what features the car came with from the factory?

Fleet:

My Cars
    06 M Roadster Red/Blk
    There is a VIN decoder. Take a look on Google and I am sure you can find it.