Thread: Fog Light and Intake "Delete" matching BMW Grill

My Cars
    '95 M3 / '03 X3

Fog Light and Intake "Delete" matching BMW Grill

Hey everyone;

Just wanted to start by saying I am BRAND new to the forum...I had a 3-series shortly in high school (many moons ago), just got my wife in an X3 about 8 months ago and remembered what it was like to drive not a Chevy....particularly when it's a Bimmer. Just picked up a 1995 M3 in Alpine White (will include pictures if I've been here long enough to post them)...5-sp., chipped, aftermarket CAI, Stage II Maxsil Pistons and 24lb. injectors, Magna Flow Exhaust...she has 240k on her, however, I know the shop/gentelmen who rebuilt the clutch, tranny, and engine 48k ago...so it runs fresh and hot...the interior was AMAZINGLY well maintained. It popped up on craigslist a few weeks ago for $5500...after going back and forth; I was able to find that he got a DUI and needed $4000 by last Friday or do some klink time...I told him I had $3600.00 on me and that did the duty. Not bad...even given its issues I probably realistically only have $2000 to put into it to return it to prime condition. He didn't take GREAT care of it (lots of fuses blown, lots of bulbs interior and exterior and he "didn't know why"...There are plenty of issues I'll be bringing up (electronic primarily), but before I do any of that I wanted to give it a few cosmetic touches on the exterior as a) they are cheaper and faster than the rest and b) the exterior and interior physical appearnces need VERY little work...thought I'd inexpensively knock that out before digging too deep into the electrical gremlins. Now to the reason we're all here:

Do you guys/gals know of anywhere to pick up Fog light and "intake" (the small hole next to the fog lights) delete panels that pop in and match the "BMW" grill...I have black fog deletes now; but the back of them are retrofit with air ducts that allow some extra intake up towards the CIA and passenger side of the lower block...which can't hurt anything. I'd kind of like to keep those open and free-flowing...thought about standard mesh but I thought it would also look kind of tight to have the matches for the grill...can't seem to find such a think. Please let me know and thank you very much for your time!

You can see it has some mesh in the center now...just wondering what to do with the other 4 spots...maybe I should just play it as it lies and match the center mesh?

My Cars
    1996 m3 coupe
    wow looks good for how much you paid!! congrats, one exterior change i would do is to get plastic trim back to white instead of paint matched

My Cars
    '95 M3 / '03 X3
    Unless I'm thinking something else; did you mean back to "black" on the running trim? I actually kind of like the color format; I had not seen one with white on white before and whomever did it performed the job spectacularly...you wouldn't know it didn't come from the factory that way. Everything else will stay black, but I like that trim in white honestly.

My Cars
    95 M3, 86 325
    Fog Lamp covers are 51118122450 and 51118122449. $15 or so each, depending on which parts supplier you use.

The others are actually your brake duct vents... I don't think I've heard of anyone blocking them off, for obvious reasons.

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3 Coupe

Here's the fog light delete panels, you can buy the at FCPEuro.

The other hole is for brake ducts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ()()===[][]===()()

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    If you're trying to keep your fog lamp,open for air. I suggest trying to buy an extra grill mesh and cutting to size. Then secure somehow. Zip ties are so,estimes good for that stuff.
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    A friend of mine used a spare bumper mesh to make his own foglight intake to feed his supercharger intake. I'll see if he has any pics.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are his pics.

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    that looks great!
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    '95 M3 / '03 X3
    Quote Originally Posted by Reprisal View Post
    The others are actually your brake duct vents... I don't think I've heard of anyone blocking them off, for obvious reasons.
    I've got blacked out covers on the fogs now; I wasn't wanting to block the brake ducts...rather I was hoping to find fit-in's for both that a) allow flow and b) match the BMW grill...the vertical slits. Now that I have Photoshop that, I think it would be too much… I will probably just leave the fog light deletes and see about matching the brake ducts.

Quote Originally Posted by Reprisal View Post
    Oh dude; he did a great job with those...that's what I'd like to do but for the duct passages as well. Killer!

Jesse

1995 BMW M3/2/5 - Alpine White - Vaders - Stage II Maxsil Pistons, Chipped, 24# Injectors, MagnaFlow Exhaust, and heated door locks!

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    What's the opinion about yellow foglights? http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k6...frenchfogs.jpg
    I presently have the normal, original ones installed, but as the foglights often get cracks by stone chips, I want to buy a spare set.
    Foglight delete I will not do.
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    E36 M3/4/5
    I've always thought that yellow lens fog lights look tacky, especially when it was never an OE option.

If you worry about your fog lights breaking, put a coat or two of LaminX to protect them.
    E36///M3/4/5 | BB6 Prelude | VA WRX Limited | CM7 Accord EX-L

My Cars
    03 zhp, 97 e36m3, 04 zhp
    Make sure your bumper still has all the mounting point for the fog light bracket. If those mount points are ripped off, you wouldn't be able to lock in your blanks to the opening.

My Cars
    e36 m3, f30 335i

I drilled a couple holes and trimmed it with speaker ports...only did the driver's side to allow air to the s/c intake.

My Cars
    '95 M3 / '03 X3
    Quote Originally Posted by bmdubbayoo View Post

I drilled a couple holes and trimmed it with speaker ports...only did the driver's side to allow air to the s/c intake.
    That's actually pretty cool looking. I coincidentally have four black "kickPorts" I ordered for my drum sets and accidentally ordered the small version...those would fit perfectly and that's a very unique look...might steal that off you!

1995 BMW M3/2/5 - Alpine White - Vaders - Stage II Maxsil Pistons, Chipped, 24# Injectors, MagnaFlow Exhaust, and heated door locks!

My Cars
    Black
    Quote Originally Posted by JayhawkM3 View Post

That's actually pretty cool looking. I coincidentally have four black "kickPorts" I ordered for my drum sets and accidentally ordered the small version...those would fit perfectly and that's a very unique look...might steal that off you!

Damn Jayhawk, you play music and love e36 too? We may need to have a meet up sometime.

My Cars
    '95 M3 / '03 X3
    Absolutely man - hoping to catch a burger night sometime from Colorado BMW Groupe on facebook or BMW CCA...haven't done any networking at all other than finding out a dude I have a ton of mutual friends with is a big CCA member (tschultz here on this forum - he has that "Deutschland Special" e30 here in town, as I call it). It's been tough too given 80% of my ownership has been tearing things off to fix (fill in your part/connection/issue here) on a daily basis, ha!