Thread: Want to get into Coding

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ

Want to get into Coding

I'm looking to purchase a obd2 cable and a coding disk NCSEXPERT? Does anyone know anyone who sells a package for these products? Or how to obtain them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

My Cars
    08 535xit
    i got mine from eBay.

G~
    E61 Mods: Trailer Hitch/wiring, Cargo cover roller fix, Backup camera, H&R springs, ER charge Pipe, Mishimoto catch can, boost gauge, intake scoop, JB+, CSR Rear Spoiler, Full SAT retrofit.
    Coded: legal disclaimer removal in iDrive, auto folding mirrors on lock, turn signals in HUD, fan speed indicator on when in auto, Doors unlock when key removed

E39 Mods: Euro dash conversion, Dinan exhaust, Dinan suspension with Camber kit, 2.81 differential, flappy paddle with double pull M mode activation/deactivation, backup camera, Video playback on Nav computer (iPod Video for video storage and playback), stereo video playback through DSP, MKIV computer, RPA Tire Pressure retrofit, Intravee II iPod integration, Euro armrest, HUD, Parrot BT, voice recognition module, trailer hitch/wiring, rear mounted 10" subwoofer with amplifier, lighted interior door handles, Evans coolant.

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefin Dude View Post
    i got mine from eBay.

G~
    What did you look up and does it work??

My Cars
    08 535xit
    i got one with this description:

BMW K-CAN D-CAN OBD2 USB Cable FTDI Chip + BMW Tools Package INPA EDIABAS NCS

it was $49.99

i already had a PC and just needed a known good cable and software. the setup i had for my e39 did not work for my e61. i can not remember exactly why now.

the big question is, and you honestly need to answer: Are you wanting to code, or you just want to change some minor settings?

if you are just going for minor settings and the like than the new Carly thingie sounds reasonable. expensive, but sounds easier than a full blown coding setup.

if you are actually wanting to code different aspects of the vehicle not limiting to what some other application feels are important to you than getting a full coding setup with NCSExpert, INPA, and the like are the way to go.

most people op for the limited, but easier Carly.

G~
    E61 Mods: Trailer Hitch/wiring, Cargo cover roller fix, Backup camera, H&R springs, ER charge Pipe, Mishimoto catch can, boost gauge, intake scoop, JB+, CSR Rear Spoiler, Full SAT retrofit.
    Coded: legal disclaimer removal in iDrive, auto folding mirrors on lock, turn signals in HUD, fan speed indicator on when in auto, Doors unlock when key removed

E39 Mods: Euro dash conversion, Dinan exhaust, Dinan suspension with Camber kit, 2.81 differential, flappy paddle with double pull M mode activation/deactivation, backup camera, Video playback on Nav computer (iPod Video for video storage and playback), stereo video playback through DSP, MKIV computer, RPA Tire Pressure retrofit, Intravee II iPod integration, Euro armrest, HUD, Parrot BT, voice recognition module, trailer hitch/wiring, rear mounted 10" subwoofer with amplifier, lighted interior door handles, Evans coolant.

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ
    i got one with this description:

BMW K-CAN D-CAN OBD2 USB Cable FTDI Chip + BMW Tools Package INPA EDIABAS NCS

it was $49.99

i already had a PC and just needed a known good cable and software. the setup i had for my e39 did not work for my e61. i can not remember exactly why now.

the big question is, and you honestly need to answer: Are you wanting to code, or you just want to change some minor settings?

if you are just going for minor settings and the like than the new Carly thingie sounds reasonable. expensive, but sounds easier than a full blown coding setup.

if you are actually wanting to code different aspects of the vehicle not limiting to what some other application feels are important to you than getting a full coding setup with NCSExpert, INPA, and the like are the way to go.

most people op for the limited, but easier Carly.

G~
    Honestly I would like to fully get into Coding. I don't want to just do things here and there. I'm also gonna be purchasing a 2012-2014 535 or 550xi msport next year havnt made up my mind witch one yet but would like to do things to that aswell. But like I said I would like to fully get into it no limits lol. So any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks. I have a laptop just need the cable and software. Just wasn't sure where to get it from like reliable sources.

My Cars
    08 535xit
    have you looked at bmwcoding.com?

that is a great place to start to look at what is involved with actual coding and not just playing around with settings. it is also a good resource for finding the current best cables and setups.

G~

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ

that is a great place to start to look at what is involved with actual coding and not just playing around with settings. it is also a good resource for finding the current best cables and setups.

G~
    Just checked it out and will be doing alot more reading about it tomorrow thanks for that heads up. Also I'm wondering what is a good cheap laptop to get for just car purpose? I don't want to use my personal laptop for any car stuff as its going to be used outside and such. Just don't want to take any chances of braking a really good one if you know what I mean lol. Any suggestions? I also found a place that sells the cable and all the programs for 49.99 free shipping OBD Innovation.

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ

G~
    Another question you might be able to answer since you are into Coding. I have a 07 E60. I know I can turn the angel eyes on as DRL lights. Can I make them brighter aswell??

My Cars
    2009 528xi 1995 318i
    The answer is YES! you can program our light modules to stay a constant 12v!!!! Just need that OBD to usb cable and ncsexpert.

LCI:
    LMA [LM2] PWM_AN_SL_V_AL_1_34 wert_01 Make LCI AE brightness to stick to high all the time.
    Last edited by Justin318i; 01-13-2017 at 01:10 AM.
    Been going against the grain since I was a sapling.

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin318i View Post
    The answer is YES! you can program our light modules to stay a constant 12v!!!! Just need that OBD to usb cable and ncsexpert.

LCI:
    LMA [LM2] PWM_AN_SL_V_AL_1_34 wert_01 Make LCI AE brightness to stick to high all the time.
    Well here is the thing. My 07 is pre lci. So I don't think that will work for me. Also where would be a good place to pick up a decent laptop to use for just my car stuff? Don't want to use the "family computer" lol. And the company I'm getting the cable from also comes with NCSEXPERT INPA EDIABAS NCS DUMMY TOOL32 WINKFP and BMW CODING TOOL.

My Cars
    81,e21 orig ownr&05,e60
    For a cheap laptop, visit your local pawn store...

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ
    Quote Originally Posted by jtbgonesailing View Post
    For a cheap laptop, visit your local pawn store...
    Very good idea. I have contacted one already that a friend of mine owner and we do bail Bonds together aswell.