Thread: 650i with Msport package 2016 Shaking

My Cars
    2016 650i Convertible

Thumbs down 650i with Msport package 2016 Shaking

I have a relatively new 650 convertible with the M package. Since taking ownership I have had a shaking when the car is accelerating when going over 60mph. You can really feel it on cruise control every time it accelerates going up an incline. My techs at my dealership both felt this vibration. They called in the BMW rep and after test driving he commented that it drives the way it was designed. I sincerely doubt that BMW designed a car to shake. I contacted corporate customer service and they were no help. He basically said there is nothing he can do. Is there anyone out there that has had this same problem. My techs told me that they have had 7 series and X6's come in with the same problem when they have the M sport package installed. I thought I was getting an upgrade when I got the M package but obviously they have not perfected it.

My Cars
    991.1 / 958.2
    The msport package is mainly cosmetic and the ability to use an alternate transmission mode.

Please describe the shaking. What shakes?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2001 525it
    The convertibles do have more cowl shake over bumps than say the hard top.

My Cars
    2008 BMW M6 Convertible
    I see you haven't received a reply in almost a month, that's unacceptable. If there's not enough interest in this model and the moderator is too busy to help with answers, the class and model discussion should be abandoned. From the really ignorant response you got and your reaction to it I'm guessing you're a female and your techs are jerks. With the amount of money you've invested in their product and service they should be falling over themselves to handle your concerns. I don't know where you're located but I would mention filing complaints with your local, state, and national BBB as well as filing a lemon law complaint to refund your costs. Next time take someone with a rudimentary knowledge of cars and a backbone with you, and stop apologizing for demanding your due as a consumer of the brand. If necessary change dealerships, your warranty follows the car. And I would write an account of the treatment you've received thus far; name names, times and the dreck they fed you, in a complaint to BMW n.a.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk