Hi all...hope I have this posted in the right spot as I am new to this Forum.

1. I have been a GoldWing rider for many years and am looking to try something different. I am 67 and can still handle a bike very well.
2. I was recently looking at the 2016 1600GTL. The dealer has a corporate demo with about 4200KM on it and the price is fairly reasonable (I think?).
3. I did demo the 1600 last year and found the handling excellent although the seat comfort was not as good as the Wing and there was a fair amount of buffetting from the wind at certain speeds. I also missed the back up gear but I hear BMW is coming out with one for 2017....that's good but a 2017 is out of the picture for me at the moment.
4. I can flat foot the bike although I am only 5'7" but I think I need to add a backrest. Dealer said around $800 (expensive). Also want to add front engine guards (dealer says about $450....wow), and lastly a GPS around $900. This stuff sure adds up.
5. Most of my riding is long range touring. In 2015 I rode 30,000km over 100 days circumnavigating most of North America. That was a blast. I put 47000km on my bike over the past 2 seasons.
6. My questions are;

a. I know you all love your bikes otherwise you likely would not be in this Forum, but what is your opinion of the 1600gtl.
b. What should I be looking for in terms of cons when I check this bike out further at the dealer on Friday?
c. Dealer is selling this around the $26,500 range CDN with freight and the dreaded ADMIN charge..that sucks. I was not sure if that was a good price as the list was $30,500 CDN but is seems reasonable?
d. With my type of riding, which is mostly touring (I do 20-25K a year), how would this bike fare in terms of comfort on long rides?
e. Any other advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

I can also be reached at kmackenzie@bell.net

Thanks everyone for your help.....your guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Ken
Canada