Thread: M3 Ultimate Care+ and The Track?

My Cars
    '01 Z3, '79 Corvette

M3 Ultimate Care+ and The Track?

I am considering buying an M3, how does BMW handle warranty claims related to track use? Also, I see that the Ultimate Care + program includes expendables like brakes and clutch. Will those be covered for track use as well?

Cheers.

My Cars
    2014 328i Sedan
    Looking forward to an answer on this one...one would think they should be ok with it (specially on M cars)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2017 M4 Cabrio, 2017 X3
    Quote Originally Posted by toplessTT View Post
    one would think they should be ok with it (specially on M cars)
    They're not (even on M cars).

It's not so much that they care whether you're on a public road or a closed track. They care whether you're using the car in a way that's consistent with how one would reasonably expect someone to operate a personal car in typical use.

It also matters what the warranty claim is. If your windshield washer pump fails, it's not material whether that happened on a freeway or at a track. If you miss a shift and your transmission goes kerfloop they're probably not going to care, either, since that's operator error. If a suspension component fails under extremely hard cornering after a weekend at the track, they might point out that this isn't covered (and can tell from the recorded data how it was being driven)