I just changed the valve cover, intake manifold & throttle body gaskets on a bmw e90. I also decided to change the eccentric cam sensor & crankshaft position sensor as well as the car has 171k miles on it. I made a big mistake by trying to save some money & buying the eccentric shaft sensor on ebay from a vendor called partscollect. They advertise oem, vdo sensors for $162.99. The sensor came in bubble wrap & said vdo siemens on it but just didn't look right. Upon completion of the job i got three obd2 codes, p1006, p1014 & p1017. These are all eccentric shaft sensor codes. After having the car disabled for a week & to make a long story short, i finally came to the conclusion that the new sensor might be faulty. I checked the vendor's feedback & found many complaints of faulty sensors, so i ordered a new vdo sensor from pelican parts. The new sensor came in the original box & looked so much better constructed. After the new sensor was put in i was able to erase the codes & the car runs great now. The moral of the story is: Buy your parts from a reputable source. I tried to save some money but ended up getting burned. It cost me time & money to finally figure out what was wrong. This vendor has already sold almost 50 of these counterfeit sensors. When they fail prematurely it's going to be a big headache for those who think they have oem sensors installed in their cars & they will probably end up thinking that their bmw's are just unreliable.