Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1328293031323334353637383940414243444546474863 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 what did you do to your e38 today?

Alpine 7even is offline The King Of E38 Custom BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    e38 iL, F-e38 iL, e23 L7
    Quote Originally Posted by purplecty View Post
    Oh yeah i figured if it fit the front seat it would fit the rear seat for a 750 since they were also electric... Bummer...
    If you find a set I'll show you how I did it. You once hooked me up with your version of inpa (that I still use). I havnt been able to return the favor yet.

-2000 iL Individual. VF Supercharged at 12psi, Dinan MAF and TB, 6spd 420g swap, Euro under body guards, strong strut, N62 engine cover, Hydro trunk, Full suspension mods, Brembo F+R big brakes, custom headliner/interior, Bi-Xenon headlights, wide screen nav/mk4, Custom splash screen (I make them), coded video module with custom made harness, reverse camera, Intravee II, factory rear screen entertainment console, rear comms armrest, rear blower, seat back tables and writing tablet, all euro options coded on etc.
    -1997 iL. Pioneer 8500nex double din/Avic navigation, swc and dsp still functional. Reverse camera, full suspension upgrades, leather dash, console and door cards, rear blower, Re-upholstered seats, facelift sport contour seats, heated steering wheel, 750 front brakes, custom cup holder replacing the front ash tray, all euro options coded, headliner in black, rear headliner MID console.

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine 7even View Post

If you find a set I'll show you how I did it. You once hooked me up with your version of inpa (that I still use). I havnt been able to return the favor yet.
    I need to find a set of seats or headrests? Im glad I could help! You can come and reupholster my car! :p

My Cars
    2001 E38 iL
    I've got a set of sport seats with vanity headrests. They are Gray!

My Cars
    e38 iL, F-e38 iL, e23 L7
    I need to find a set of seats or headrests? Im glad I could help! You can come and reupholster my car! :p
    Just the rear e66 comfort headrests.

Lol sure just give me a blank check

Headrest vanity mirrors?.. Gotta get the roof mounted vanity mirrors and keep the e66 comfort headrest
    Last edited by Alpine 7even; 05-04-2017 at 11:22 PM.

-2000 iL Individual. VF Supercharged at 12psi, Dinan MAF and TB, 6spd 420g swap, Euro under body guards, strong strut, N62 engine cover, Hydro trunk, Full suspension mods, Brembo F+R big brakes, custom headliner/interior, Bi-Xenon headlights, wide screen nav/mk4, Custom splash screen (I make them), coded video module with custom made harness, reverse camera, Intravee II, factory rear screen entertainment console, rear comms armrest, rear blower, seat back tables and writing tablet, all euro options coded on etc.
    -1997 iL. Pioneer 8500nex double din/Avic navigation, swc and dsp still functional. Reverse camera, full suspension upgrades, leather dash, console and door cards, rear blower, Re-upholstered seats, facelift sport contour seats, heated steering wheel, 750 front brakes, custom cup holder replacing the front ash tray, all euro options coded, headliner in black, rear headliner MID console.

My Cars
    '01 740i Sp, '07 335i
    Did you replace the blue carpet in the bottom section of the door panels or did you spray the carpet with dye coloring?

I want to change mine from grey to black so bad and I am chicken to melt the fastners for the plastic frames around them. I also have the black counter parts for the switch just need to find the courage to start melting I guess.
    http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/krallopian/darthSigTest2_zpsn6zkw5id.jpg[/URL][URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/DFW7-Dallas-Fort-Worth-BMW-7-Series-Club/300942239566"]DFW7 on Facebook/URL]
    "The Last Great e38" 2001 i Sport - Born'd on date 1/01 Cosmos/Grey - 32.8K miles - 2 1/2 " Custom Exhaust, Center “X”over , Modified OEM rear bumper, M5 style trunk spoiler, M6 OEM wheels, M3 Steering wheel with working paddle shift & CF trim, Bi-Xenon upgrade, 13mm Rear sway bar added, SS brake lines and bronze bushings, Cross drilled rotors and painted calipers, Akebono pads, Zionsville aluminum radiator & exp. tank with electric fan, Sprint Booster, BluTooth conversion, MKIV Nav., Custom wood cupholder, DUDMD Tune, Orien V2.5 LED Angel Eyes, Evans waterless. Recently added grey faced //M5 Cluster - all gauges functioning. Changed the grey carpet to black and topped off with GG Bailey front/rear mats[/SIZE]

My Cars
    e38 iL, F-e38 iL, e23 L7
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDarth View Post
    Did you replace the blue carpet in the bottom section of the door panels or did you spray the carpet with dye coloring?

I want to change mine from grey to black so bad and I am chicken to melt the fastners for the plastic frames around them. I also have the black counter parts for the switch just need to find the courage to start melting I guess.
    I actually replaced the carpet with matching leather. Never seen it done and figured I'd be the first lol.

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine 7even View Post

Just the rear e66 comfort headrests.

Lol sure just give me a blank check

Headrest vanity mirrors?.. Gotta get the roof mounted vanity mirrors and keep the e66 comfort headrest
    I already have the Comfort headrest for the rear

My Cars
    1999 540i M-sport
    My BMW scared me lol..
    Yesterday I was driving, and heard high noise pitch, as I was driving past the McDonalds, I thought something there.
    But then I stopped and the noise was still present.
    I noticed it comes behind steering wheel and also some clicks from relay behind glove box, and none of the buttons worked on heater panel and it didnt move when i changed where to blow.

I was thinking, damn, gotta take apart whole dash to see whats wrong, but then decided to take a look at heater panel, took it out and wuala.. everything started to work, seems like some bad connection.

So I got time yesterday to try to fit new intercooler
    -E34 M60B40 + Tremec TKO 600 (sold)
    and sadly no old BMW anymore, only high powered Seat Leon Cupra 4Drive as a daily driver.

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Drove it 10 hours from NY to TN
    This am on my was to meet the man the legend EDWIN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    2007 Alpina B7
    Blue Leather is a nice touch... You cant tell from pics its carpet or leather but great idea....Also U have 1 blue speaker grill and 1 beige?
    2000 740i Sport

My Cars
    e38 iL, F-e38 iL, e23 L7
    Quote Originally Posted by cazal740i View Post
    Blue Leather is a nice touch... You cant tell from pics its carpet or leather but great idea....Also U have 1 blue speaker grill and 1 beige?
    I can't decide on which I like.more. the other three are sitting in the other door pocket.

- - - Updated - - -

I already have the Comfort headrest for the rear
    We'll if you like you can send them my way and I'll mod them for you to fit the e38.

My Cars
    2007 Alpina B7
    keep em both.. I also have both and switch it up when I get bored
    2000 740i Sport

My Cars
    e38 iL, F-e38 iL, e23 L7
    Quote Originally Posted by cazal740i View Post
    keep em both.. I also have both and switch it up when I get bored
    Probably going to go blue. Gonna throw the rest of my dual panes in at the same time

My Cars
    '01 740i Sp, '07 335i
    First item of new system came in today from Corsa... It looks to be even closer to what I needed than I had hoped from the listing but that is a good thing..

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/krallopian/darthSigTest2_zpsn6zkw5id.jpg[/URL][URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/DFW7-Dallas-Fort-Worth-BMW-7-Series-Club/300942239566"]DFW7 on Facebook/URL]
    "The Last Great e38" 2001 i Sport - Born'd on date 1/01 Cosmos/Grey - 32.8K miles - 2 1/2 " Custom Exhaust, Center “X”over , Modified OEM rear bumper, M5 style trunk spoiler, M6 OEM wheels, M3 Steering wheel with working paddle shift & CF trim, Bi-Xenon upgrade, 13mm Rear sway bar added, SS brake lines and bronze bushings, Cross drilled rotors and painted calipers, Akebono pads, Zionsville aluminum radiator & exp. tank with electric fan, Sprint Booster, BluTooth conversion, MKIV Nav., Custom wood cupholder, DUDMD Tune, Orien V2.5 LED Angel Eyes, Evans waterless. Recently added grey faced //M5 Cluster - all gauges functioning. Changed the grey carpet to black and topped off with GG Bailey front/rear mats[/SIZE]

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDarth View Post
    First item of new system came in today from Corsa... It looks to be even closer to what I needed than I had hoped from the listing but that is a good thing..

Nice! When do the m6 mufflers come in?

My Cars
    '01 740i Sp, '07 335i
    Nice! When do the m6 mufflers come in?
    They shipped today UPS - so early next week..

That Corsa pipe section was listed for a 99 to 13 C6 Corvette - since it was model specific it was priced higher as a result 393.00 but it looked so close and exactly what I was looking for so I ordered it...

I also looked closer at the cavity for the mufflers and I think they will fit without problems, just have to make hangers.
    Last edited by TxDarth; 05-05-2017 at 06:52 PM.

My Cars
    1998 E38 750iL
    Refilled my coolant after Thursday's leak. Also replaced my fuel filter while the car was in the air. Getting that clamp back on while the car is only on jacks is not very fun.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1999 540i M-sport
    Washed her today after work at night.
    Today noticed some clear coat is pealing away under tail lights... seems like its trip again to the paintshop.
    -E34 M60B40 + Tremec TKO 600 (sold)
    and sadly no old BMW anymore, only high powered Seat Leon Cupra 4Drive as a daily driver.

My Cars
    '01 740i Sp, '07 335i
    I tried to take a video of the exhaust sound today before I started to tear apart - didn't work on my iPhone 7S. Didn't pick up sound for some reason. Any way I will have two of these for sale later this week http://www.jegs.com/i/Gibson/462/BM0107/10002/-1 used fro about 50 miles or so. Would like about $75.00 for the two - they were $200.00 when I bought them. Outlets are untouched, inlets were welded in place, I will cut close to original opening as possible - will be plenty left to reweld in new application. Will leave the mounting brackets on muffler for mounting to stock hanger.

Last edited by TxDarth; 05-07-2017 at 03:20 PM.

My Cars
    See my sig
    DSC module gone bad... Gotta find a new used one.
    Current rides: E65 730dA '04, F10 520dA '11, E34 520iA '91

Old rides: E46 316Ti, E53 X5, E38 728iA, E39 528iA, E46 318i Touring, E38 730dA, E36 316i, E36 328iA Cabrio, E38 728i, E38 750i, E36/3 320i, E36 318i, E39 530dA Touring, E38 740i, E39 528iA, E34 525iA, E32 750iL, E32 730iL, E34/2 525TDS,
    E34 525i, E28 518i, E34 535i, E34/2 525iA, E30/5 325i, E34 535i, E28 520i https://www.instagram.com/zener__/

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR

Replaced a few things

I was getting an error of right, front, middle PDC. Pulled bumper only to find the connector had come lose. This after a buying a couple used ones on ebay. No problem. Reconnected it, checked again to make sure all worked, then buttoned 'er back up.

Replaced my cabin air filters. They didn't seem to be "that" bad, but what the hey. I've had this car for almost 4 years now and never replaced them. So now they're done

next replaced rear wheel speed sensor. man that thing was rusty!
    removed:
    old wheel speed sensor 2.JPG

a closer look:
    old wheel speed sensor.JPG

the wheel sensor housing:
    sensor mount.JPG

Took a while to work that thing out of there, but it eventually came out. cleaned it off some with electric parts cleaners then inserted the new one from FCPEuro a Meyle. No more Trifecta

Next up, fix a faulty AUC sensor error, then rip out that cassette deck. lol!
    "A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering." - Freeman Dyson

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740IL
    Got started on installing my air ride setup. Only was able to remove the stock rear shocks and rear upper control arms today (followed Edwin's diy). Rear air struts should go in tomorrow. Need to order some new rear upper controls arm. Broke the balljoints loose on the arms, trying to get them off, the hardest part of the whole job. I thought getting the actual shock off the rear lower mount was going to be the hardest part but they came off with one swift kick.

Last edited by MJ DOOM; 05-07-2017 at 10:46 PM.
    Spaceships & Woodgrain.

My Cars
    E38
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ DOOM View Post
    I thought getting the actual shock off the rear lower mount was going to be the hardest part but they came off with one swift kick.
    Getting them off is cake compared to getting them back on again if you don't have the equipment...

This will be awesome! I haven't seen many practical reviews about how e38's ride and handle on air.
    E38 M Sport 6 Speed MANUAL

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Lol IMG_2952.JPG

El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    1998 E38 750iL
    Quote Originally Posted by franco90 View Post
    Lol IMG_2952.JPG

DUDE! I'm like 30 miles from this mileage and was going to take the exact same picture in a couple of days LOL.

Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1328293031323334353637383940414243444546474863 ... LastLast