Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Panjo feature wish list

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Question Panjo feature wish list

Many of you have voiced complaints that you do not like Panjo...

What features do you not like and why?

What features would you add and why?

I will be happy to reach out to the Panjo team and relay your requests on to them to help make the system better. If we have come to a point where Panjo is no longer meeting the needs of the admins and the members, we will abandon it in favor of a better system. I need reasons though, I can't make decisions based on "I don't like it".
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Panjo/wiki/feedback

All of your feedback gets noticed...

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Get rid of it. The old system was much more pleasant and provided a no cost service to the forum. Panjo is just commercial crap by the forum and makes me think a lot less of the forum.

The other crap that may drive me away from the forum are obnoxious ads tbat open up if I start scrolling before the full loading has occurred, when I am on my phone.

Thinking it is probably time for me to move on and spend my time better. Its that bad to me, to cut through the crap to get what I want. I understand this is a commercial enterprise but you are making your money off us -- the members, and if we go, you make less.

My Cars
    97 E36M3 S54

My Cars
    95 s/c 2.8l, 98 528
    My experience so far is that it makes selling or buying items overly complicated and not a "community" affair. Part of the appeal of selling to an online community of enthusiasts is not having to deal with all the standard craislist and ebay trash or scammers. I don't want to link this 3rd party garbage to my google or facebook account, so that only leaves a 1 time email password option which then erases the whole ad I just wrote up. And then even after I jump through all those hoops there is no guarantee it will even show up in the proper forum or at all. I would suggest that Panjo be optional and standard board only classifieds be allowed as they once were. If the "features" it offers are actually wanted by a large portion of the member base it will be pretty apparent right away however I strongly suspect you will see far more standard listings than Panjo. That is just my 2cents and my experience thus far.
    95 325- s/c S50 01 X5-daily 95 840ci- boost incoming

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    I have relayed your comments to the Panjo staff... they may reach out to you for more information on how to improve the experience.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Quote Originally Posted by 325isBoosted View Post
    My experience so far is that it makes selling or buying items overly complicated and not a "community" affair. Part of the appeal of selling to an online community of enthusiasts is not having to deal with all the standard craislist and ebay trash or scammers.
    I was thinking a lot about this... and I was a bit lost. When you post your classified item to Panjo it makes a thread within our community classified area which you can then interact with as if you would any other community. The only thing Panjo interrupts would be the creation of the thread. However, once the classified is listed with Panjo, a thread would be created here (automatically) which would act just like any other thread. :

My Cars
    95 s/c 2.8l, 98 528
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    I was thinking a lot about this... and I was a bit lost. When you post your classified item to Panjo it makes a thread within our community classified area which you can then interact with as if you would any other community. The only thing Panjo interrupts would be the creation of the thread. However, once the classified is listed with Panjo, a thread would be created here (automatically) which would act just like any other thread. :
    As they mention themselves, all sale ads are not just listed on the forum but also put out over google, facebook, youtube etc. So as i said, I am no longer just posting this for community members but wherever they feel like spreading it as well. That is the smaller sticking point for me with the over complication and hassle of posting stuff being my main complaint but still a bother for me personally.
    95 325- s/c S50 01 X5-daily 95 840ci- boost incoming

My Cars
    1999 m3 and 740iL
    I much preferred the old method of classifieds. Issues with Panjo:

-The categorization flat out does not work. Go look in any section and you see listings for totally unrelated items. I've been looking for another car for awhile, but it's really frustrating when you click on the Cars for Sale Section and see nothing but misc. parts.
    -It kills the resolution of pictures. When buying a car or part from far away this is awful, as you can't zoom in or see the numerous little flaws that exist.
    -The stupid pop-up that requests I join some community every time I try to find something for sale. I don't want to join Panjo and give out my email so they can spam me.
    -It seems like people are still able to post threads in the for sale section, so now I have to check both the forum and Panjo if I want to cover all the bases...huge waste of time.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Quote Originally Posted by 325isBoosted View Post
    As they mention themselves, all sale ads are not just listed on the forum but also put out over google, facebook, youtube etc. So as i said, I am no longer just posting this for community members but wherever they feel like spreading it as well. That is the smaller sticking point for me with the over complication and hassle of posting stuff being my main complaint but still a bother for me personally.
    I would think the wider audience would be better to help you sell items :. I would imagine we could work something out so things were restricted to this community, but even still if someone searches for it via Google it is going to redirect them here since the classifieds are already indexed by Google.

Quote Originally Posted by 5speed300 View Post
    I much preferred the old method of classifieds. Issues with Panjo:

-The categorization flat out does not work. Go look in any section and you see listings for totally unrelated items. I've been looking for another car for awhile, but it's really frustrating when you click on the Cars for Sale Section and see nothing but misc. parts.
    -It kills the resolution of pictures. When buying a car or part from far away this is awful, as you can't zoom in or see the numerous little flaws that exist.
    -The stupid pop-up that requests I join some community every time I try to find something for sale. I don't want to join Panjo and give out my email so they can spam me.
    -It seems like people are still able to post threads in the for sale section, so now I have to check both the forum and Panjo if I want to cover all the bases...huge waste of time.
    I will take this to them. I don't sell stuff much, so I don't have the usage rate as of some of the people who do, but if the categorization does not work, that is a problem.
    The resolution of pictures should not be affected, that also is a problem.
    Panjo doesn't spam... I haven't received any spam (more than normal anyway)
    If you don't want to browse through the lists on Panjo, that's fine... they are still all available in the classified section of the forum as threads. So you wouldn't have to browse more than one place.

My Cars
    98 Turbo M3, 04 E53 X5
    I don't sell stuff much, so I don't have the usage rate as of some of the people who do.
    Buying and selling things here is all I do besides a few build threads. Im finding the forums are not moving as much anymore since the introduction on Panjo. We are loosing "our community" because others are looking elsewhere to buy and sell. My whole car interest is based on buying and selling. If I cant sell, then I cant buy new things so I tend to look elsewhere. We want to be able to buy and sell things to "our community". When it gets farmed out to Panjo, we loose the whole community touch.

The Panjo format is killing the forums.

98 Fern Green M3/2 - Precision 6870/AR Designs Twin Scroll/RK/E85
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmaxx - Family Whip
    2011 Pierce 75' Quint - Fire Apparatus West Islip FD

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    I understand that... what I am trying to figure out is that if everything is still contained within the forum, nothing prevents people from interacting with the forum. The only caveat is that to post in the classified forum, you have to follow the Panjo steps to get it to post in the forum. Plus there is still the regional forums to buy/sell if you want to avoid Panjo altogether (although I can't see why you would).

I have asked the Panjo guys to chime in see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by NY98M3 View Post
    Buying and selling things here is all I do besides a few build threads. Im finding the forums are not moving as much anymore since the introduction on Panjo. We are loosing "our community" because others are looking elsewhere to buy and sell. My whole car interest is based on buying and selling. If I cant sell, then I cant buy new things so I tend to look elsewhere. We want to be able to buy and sell things to "our community". When it gets farmed out to Panjo, we loose the whole community touch.

The Panjo format is killing the forums.

My Cars
    2010 BMW 328i
    Issues with Panjo:
    This is Chad. One of Panjo's cofounders. First, thanks for taking the time to share this feedback. Here is some follow up on the items you mentioned.

1) ISSUE: 'cars for sale' category not working -- If you are a power Panjo user you probably have noticed a ton of changes lately. A big change is that we are transitioning from organizing listings inside community marketplace silos to organizing listings by tags. This allows for greater ability to slice and dice the marketplace. For your 'BMW cars for sale' search, you might want to try this URL: https://www.panjo.com/tags/bmw-cars-for-sale OR https://www.panjo.com/tags/bmw and filter the results to just show listings tagged BMW with an asking price of $5k and up. WHY is Panjo transitioning to tags? One reason is that a number of bimmerforums members gave us feedback that they wanted to get email alerts on more narrow bands of interest. They expressed interest in just getting alerts for something like E36. This new structure allows you to do this. Notice the "follow" button at the top of the tag pages. You can follow a designated tag and get an email with new listings that match that tag. As we make this transition, we have moderators who are doing their best to keep up with all the listings that DON'T have tags to properly tag the listings to maximize exposure. More search tools are coming to allow you to combine a text search with tag filters.

2) ISSUE: picture resolution -- First a fun fact. When you upload a photo to Panjo, Panjo saves (i think) 23 different, optimized copies of the photo, including the original. This is to make Panjo as fast as possible for all types of users, including the high number of mobile users not on wifi. For any listing, if you click on the photo you can open the original. ** we just released a new detail page design and THAT design isn't yet opening the original resolution photo, we will fix that asap ** The original, high res photo posts to the forum.

3) ISSUE: stupid pop-up. Agreed! Stupid. We killed it. If you had logged into Panjo you would not have seen the pop up. AND you can unsubscribe from Panjo emails. Each email contains an unsubscribe link. All the Panjo team members are enthusiasts too. And we use Panjo too. And we hate spam too. And we disliked the pop-up too. Oh - Panjo doesn't give out your email.

Every Panjo feature is designed to make it as easy, safe, and fast as possible for a buyer and seller to successfully complete a transaction. Most of the time, the transaction goes smoothly. When a transaction goes wrong, it can go VERY wrong for both buyer and seller, putting $100s of dollars and a great part in jeopardy. At Panjo we do all we can to provide the best, most fair, and fastest resolutions for those rare edges cases when something goes wrong.
    Bimmerforums Marketplace for BMW Enthusiasts
    Santa Monica, California | 1.424.272.0291 | info@panjo.com

My Cars
    E12, E12, E36, E39
    The few times I've looked in there the search was just this side of worthless. No, often worthless, occasionally nearly worthless. If nothing is listed that meets my criteria, so be it. Although with broad enough search terms I suspect it's unlikely. Regardless, don't show me other garbage just to show something. Granted I'm not a programmer, but searches aren't that complicated, I've gone way in there with business software. And don't BS people, if it's a fee, call it a fee. But calling something a contribution which suggests voluntary when it is in fact a fee is like fingernails on a chalkboard. Makes me want to scream and gives panjo a reputation for deception.
    98 328is
    02 525ita
    80 528i
    81 528ia
    and decades of owning and driving BMWs

My Cars
    1999 m3 and 740iL
    Quote Originally Posted by Panjo View Post
    This is Chad. One of Panjo's cofounders. First, thanks for taking the time to share this feedback. Here is some follow up on the items you mentioned.

1) ISSUE: 'cars for sale' category not working -- If you are a power Panjo user you probably have noticed a ton of changes lately. A big change is that we are transitioning from organizing listings inside community marketplace silos to organizing listings by tags. This allows for greater ability to slice and dice the marketplace. For your 'BMW cars for sale' search, you might want to try this URL: https://www.panjo.com/tags/bmw-cars-for-sale OR https://www.panjo.com/tags/bmw and filter the results to just show listings tagged BMW with an asking price of $5k and up. WHY is Panjo transitioning to tags? One reason is that a number of bimmerforums members gave us feedback that they wanted to get email alerts on more narrow bands of interest. They expressed interest in just getting alerts for something like E36. This new structure allows you to do this. Notice the "follow" button at the top of the tag pages. You can follow a designated tag and get an email with new listings that match that tag. As we make this transition, we have moderators who are doing their best to keep up with all the listings that DON'T have tags to properly tag the listings to maximize exposure. More search tools are coming to allow you to combine a text search with tag filters.

2) ISSUE: picture resolution -- First a fun fact. When you upload a photo to Panjo, Panjo saves (i think) 23 different, optimized copies of the photo, including the original. This is to make Panjo as fast as possible for all types of users, including the high number of mobile users not on wifi. For any listing, if you click on the photo you can open the original. ** we just released a new detail page design and THAT design isn't yet opening the original resolution photo, we will fix that asap ** The original, high res photo posts to the forum.

3) ISSUE: stupid pop-up. Agreed! Stupid. We killed it. If you had logged into Panjo you would not have seen the pop up. AND you can unsubscribe from Panjo emails. Each email contains an unsubscribe link. All the Panjo team members are enthusiasts too. And we use Panjo too. And we hate spam too. And we disliked the pop-up too. Oh - Panjo doesn't give out your email.

Every Panjo feature is designed to make it as easy, safe, and fast as possible for a buyer and seller to successfully complete a transaction. Most of the time, the transaction goes smoothly. When a transaction goes wrong, it can go VERY wrong for both buyer and seller, putting $100s of dollars and a great part in jeopardy. At Panjo we do all we can to provide the best, most fair, and fastest resolutions for those rare edges cases when something goes wrong.

I appreciate the responses and have nothing against the Panjo folks. It's clear you are taking user feedback into account and trying to improve the product.

#1: If you want to implement tags that's fine, but it should be secondary to actually fitting the listing into the main categories we already have. Even if I wanted to avoid the Panjo system, because it automatically makes a thread in the classifieds the forum organization is also now ruined. There is literally no way right now to view properly organized classifieds.

#3: "If you had logged into Panjo you would not have seen the pop up." - My point is that I don't want to log into Panjo. In general, there are way too many places making grabs for an individual to sign up, give out their email, create a username, blah blah blah. I'm already a member of BFC, that should be the only credential I need.

One other item I just noticed as I tried to post my car for sale - I'm limited in how many characters I can post. That's a huge pain when you're trying to help buyers by describing a car in detail. In the old method I would just make 2 posts in my thread, with Panjo I have no option to extend my content.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar
    I understand that... what I am trying to figure out is that if everything is still contained within the forum, nothing prevents people from interacting with the forum. The only caveat is that to post in the classified forum, you have to follow the Panjo steps to get it to post in the forum. Plus there is still the regional forums to buy/sell if you want to avoid Panjo altogether (although I can't see why you would).

I have asked the Panjo guys to chime in see what they say.
    Kevlar - this is the problem... I can't interact with the forum anymore. I can't post a for sale thread without it going through Panjo which severly limits certain aspects of the content as described above. Because Panjo is now the gatekeeper to posting FS threads, there is no workaround if something about the Panjo system isn't to my liking. The regional forums have a fraction the amount of traffic and thus aren't a real substitute.

One of the reasons many of us used to shop the BFC classifieds instead of ebay is because there is some semblance of a community that to a certain degree we trust. If there wasn't, I would just utilize craigslist and ebay. I get the model, the goal is to have Panjo unite all forum classifieds into one place. While that seems like a noble cause, it completely negates the benefit of the community feel / trust with sellers on BFC.
    Last edited by 5speed300; 01-29-2017 at 07:19 PM.

My Cars
    98 Turbo M3, 04 E53 X5

Kevlar - this is the problem... I can't interact with the forum anymore. I can't post a for sale thread without it going through Panjo which severly limits certain aspects of the content as described above. Because Panjo is now the gatekeeper to posting FS threads, there is no workaround if something about the Panjo system isn't to my liking. The regional forums have a fraction the amount of traffic and thus aren't a real substitute.

One of the reasons many of us used to shop the BFC classifieds instead of ebay is because there is some semblance of a community that to a certain degree we trust. If there wasn't, I would just utilize craigslist and ebay. I get the model, the goal is to have Panjo unite all forum classifieds into one place. While that seems like a noble cause, it completely negates the benefit of the community feel / trust with sellers on BFC.
    Agreed, make the option to use panjo. I was much more successful selling/buying items without Panjo. Im sure this is the case with nearly everyone else here. With one's not looking to sell then there not much to look to buy. Look at all the new threads about the use of Panjo, seems like no one is liking it. Ive been here for 15+ years and we have never had as much issues as we are having now.

My Cars
    05 M3, 01 Z3M, Jeep ZJ
    I just put an item for sale and it is not creating a thread in the appropriate forum. Ive clicked on the button a few times and nothing. I've entered my forum credentials on Panjo (which makes me shudder sharing passwords with any site) but the thread isnt posting.

You guys might want to put some sort of check to not create duplicate threads. Over on bimmerfest, the same thread has been created multiple times. But nothing here on Bimmerforums.
    Last edited by Shoe Coupe; 01-31-2017 at 07:44 PM.

Current:
    2001 S54 M-Coupe
    2011 Mini Cooper Countryman S
    94 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L/242 TC (Daily)

Past:

95 325i Convertible/Boston Green
    01 330Ci Convertible/Steel Grey/Stick
    05 Infiniti G35 Premium/Tech

My Cars
    2010 BMW 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe Coupe View Post
    I just put an item for sale and it is not creating a thread in the appropriate forum. Ive clicked on the button a few times and nothing. I've entered my forum credentials on Panjo (which makes me shudder sharing passwords with any site) but the thread isnt posting.

You guys might want to put some sort of check to not create duplicate threads. Over on bimmerfest, the same thread has been created multiple times. But nothing here on Bimmerforums.
    I just looked into your account and it looks like you created two Panjo listings and generated both of those threads to Bimmerfest, hence the duplicate. For the time being, each listing can only be linked to one forum. When you went back to your Panjo listings (that were already linked to Bimmerfest) and tried to create a thread on Bimmerforums, it wouldn't generate it for either of those listings.

I've gone ahead and closed your duplicate here: https://www.panjo.com/buy/racing-dyn...-wheels-336726.

I went ahead and generated a listing for you here: https://www.panjo.com/buy/racing-dyn...-wheels-336756 and generated a thread for you on Bimmerforums here: http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh....php?t=2329798.

- Brian

My Cars
    97 M3, 02 M3
    Good morning. I posted a classified as well and linked my account to 2 forums(here and r3vlimited) and I don't see it posted in the for sale engine classifieds. I also notice that it says I have a notification, but can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe

My Cars
    2010 BMW 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrureadingthis View Post
    Good morning. I posted a classified as well and linked my account to 2 forums(here and r3vlimited) and I don't see it posted in the for sale engine classifieds. I also notice that it says I have a notification, but can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe
    At this time, each Panjo listing can only be linked to one thread generated in a respective forum. In the meantime, if you want to create threads on multiple forums, you'll have to create individual listings in the marketplace for each forum.

If you are you still running into issues, PM me your Panjo username and I'd be happy to look into it and help you with your listings!

- Brian

My Cars
    1999 m3 and 740iL
    Annnnnd cue the silence from Kevlar. It's obvious there is some contract behind the scenes. The admins tactic is to let people complain, have them waste time explaining their complaint, and then just let it float away and pretend like it never happened. Well done, took a few notes from the cable providers playbook on customer service.

I'll watch as the BFC classified slowly (or not so slowly) die.

My Cars
    98 Turbo M3, 04 E53 X5
    Annnnnd cue the silence from Kevlar. It's obvious there is some contract behind the scenes. The admins tactic is to let people complain, have them waste time explaining their complaint, and then just let it float away and pretend like it never happened. Well done, took a few notes from the cable providers playbook on customer service.

Stand by, they are working on something

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Panjo works in sprints... every 2 or 4 weeks they release updates or patches to fix issues. Their next set of updates will roll out over the course of February. If those do not solve your problems, we will then explore other options. I don't want to interfere with the wheels in motion this month as many of their changes are coming to fix complaints or add user requests.

I still do not understand why however this is a problem considering that every item posted to Panjo creates a thread here and then people can post and reply to post like any other thread. People who want to use the forum like any other forum should not notice anything. That's my rant...

However, like I said, during this month we are exploring the updates and fixes that are coming and then we will prepare for some experimentation in March. One of those possible options is to give people the ability to skip the Panjo interface, but then they waive all rights to tech support, buyer/seller protection and any sort of resolution to disputes from our staff.

We are invested in Panjo just as they are invested in us. Every option that is in Panjo came from user request and we requested they do it to make your lives (and ours) easier. It's not like they dreamt this stuff up out of no where.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    One Panjo feature set was completed. There is another coming in 45 days. I would appreciate your feedback...

We can only fix concerns your bring to our attention, so silence is acceptance unless we hear otherwise.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 DINAN S3
    I tried to list something and it didn't make a thread on here for it. I think it's a pain.
    Andrew:
    1995: Avus

///Supercharged 95 Club

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast