Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 51

Thread: Panjo feature wish list

  1. #26
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,674
    My Cars
    1999 m3 and 740iL
    I'm going to come off like a broke record, but the organization is just bad. Now with these new tags - it's completely gone.

    We've lost the ability to "browse" a section, i.e. - frequently I would go into the Race Cars and Track Parts For Sale forum just to see what was out there. I would often end up seeing something that I was not actively searching for, but would end up purchasing. The Tag systems eliminates this possibility because to get results at all in line with a category your searching for, you have to search a specific tag. Not to mention, requiring sellers to input every possible tag is unrealistic. End result is that maybe there is a TC Kline Roll bar or XYZ part out there for sale - but because the tags weren't applied by the seller just right, and/or because I didn't search them just right - I'll never know.

    I'm also getting results from a bunch of other forums. Maybe some training or a guide for how to use and navigate would alleviate some of this.

    I don't know, maybe it's just me, but like I've said before the best part of the old classifieds was that it was well organized and kept within this community. That's been reversed with the new system.

    I also don't buy the argument that "the user can link their post to a specific forum". The reality is unless they are forced to put their item in the correct forum, it simply won't happen. There doesn't seem to be any moderators curating the classified forums anymore, so there's also no correction once something is in the wrong place.

  2. #27
    Panjo's Avatar
    Panjo is offline Administrator Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    401
    My Cars
    2010 BMW 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by camdinans3 View Post
    I tried to list something and it didn't make a thread on here for it. I think it's a pain.
    What's your Panjo username? I'll be happy to look into it and make sure your accounts are connected.

    - Brian
    Bimmerforums Marketplace for BMW Enthusiasts
    Santa Monica, California | 1.424.272.0291 | info@panjo.com



  3. #28
    Panjo's Avatar
    Panjo is offline Administrator Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    401
    My Cars
    2010 BMW 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by 5speed300 View Post
    I'm going to come off like a broke record, but the organization is just bad. Now with these new tags - it's completely gone.

    We've lost the ability to "browse" a section, i.e. - frequently I would go into the Race Cars and Track Parts For Sale forum just to see what was out there. I would often end up seeing something that I was not actively searching for, but would end up purchasing. The Tag systems eliminates this possibility because to get results at all in line with a category your searching for, you have to search a specific tag. Not to mention, requiring sellers to input every possible tag is unrealistic. End result is that maybe there is a TC Kline Roll bar or XYZ part out there for sale - but because the tags weren't applied by the seller just right, and/or because I didn't search them just right - I'll never know.

    I'm also getting results from a bunch of other forums. Maybe some training or a guide for how to use and navigate would alleviate some of this.

    I don't know, maybe it's just me, but like I've said before the best part of the old classifieds was that it was well organized and kept within this community. That's been reversed with the new system.

    I also don't buy the argument that "the user can link their post to a specific forum". The reality is unless they are forced to put their item in the correct forum, it simply won't happen. There doesn't seem to be any moderators curating the classified forums anymore, so there's also no correction once something is in the wrong place.
    Thank you for your insights! All valid points. For clarity, members expressed that they wanted to be able to slice & dice the marketplace in narrower ways. Tags allow you to refine the email digests you receive at a more granular level (to be able to increase or decrease the new listing emails depending on the range of tags members follow/unfollow). Instead of receiving email alerts for every listing posted to Bimmerforums, if you frequent 'Race Cars and Track Parts', you can choose to follow that tag feed and receive email digests that include those results. All of the subforum categories on Bimmerforums were grandfathered into its own exclusive tag.

    We understand search tools are limited. We just completed the redesign of the marketplace (earlier this week) and are now currently working on better search/filter tools to compliment. We are also working on better ways to follow, view, and manage marketplace tags. Currently, you can see the tags you are following in your Panjo profile.

    At this time, a seller can only tag their listing with a maximum of 5 tags. We display the number of members following a certain tag to help sellers utilize these tools efficiently to reach a larger audience. Our community team does actively look at every new listing to add the appropriate tags when needed.

    Hope this clears up any confusion! If you'd like to read more about the new features we recently released, FAQs, or how-to guides, they can be found archived in our Support forum.

    - Brian
    Bimmerforums Marketplace for BMW Enthusiasts
    Santa Monica, California | 1.424.272.0291 | info@panjo.com



  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    1,118
    My Cars
    95 s/c 2.8l, 98 528
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    One Panjo feature set was completed. There is another coming in 45 days. I would appreciate your feedback...

    We can only fix concerns your bring to our attention, so silence is acceptance unless we hear otherwise.
    So you want us to repost our request for an option to bypass Panjo every 45 days....got it.
    95 325- s/c S50 01 X5-daily 98 528- lawn ornament

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Annville, PA
    Posts
    136
    My Cars
    Too many to list!
    Ultimately, you should revise the market forums from the way they are. I just went into the 3 series for sale, and I can barely find cars listed because there are so many parts threads. I don't want to search because I'm always browsing for e30's, e36's and e46's. Whatever the next project happens to be. I can't really do that anymore, so I barely go into these sections. Might as well get rid of them since they are pointless. Maybe there is a better way to organize the forum to match Panjo, since Panjo doesn't work with the sections very well.
    78 635CSi Euro 5spd <Haven't found it yet>
    84 633CSi Auto <For Sale>
    85 325e 2dr 5spd
    86 325 2dr 5spd
    95 530i 5spd <Sold!>
    96 328is 5spd <Wrecked! >
    99 328is 5spd
    01 325ci 5spd
    08 Outback 5spd

  6. #31
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,674
    My Cars
    1999 m3 and 740iL
    Quote Originally Posted by Panjo View Post
    Thank you for your insights! All valid points. For clarity, members expressed that they wanted to be able to slice & dice the marketplace in narrower ways. Tags allow you to refine the email digests you receive at a more granular level (to be able to increase or decrease the new listing emails depending on the range of tags members follow/unfollow). Instead of receiving email alerts for every listing posted to Bimmerforums, if you frequent 'Race Cars and Track Parts', you can choose to follow that tag feed and receive email digests that include those results. All of the subforum categories on Bimmerforums were grandfathered into its own exclusive tag.

    We understand search tools are limited. We just completed the redesign of the marketplace (earlier this week) and are now currently working on better search/filter tools to compliment. We are also working on better ways to follow, view, and manage marketplace tags. Currently, you can see the tags you are following in your Panjo profile.

    At this time, a seller can only tag their listing with a maximum of 5 tags. We display the number of members following a certain tag to help sellers utilize these tools efficiently to reach a larger audience. Our community team does actively look at every new listing to add the appropriate tags when needed.

    Hope this clears up any confusion! If you'd like to read more about the new features we recently released, FAQs, or how-to guides, they can be found archived in our Support forum.

    - Brian
    Appreciate the response, but the underlying issue was unaddressed - organization. It's nice that the bfc sections were grandfathered in, but it's useless unless people posting items for sale know to use them. Users (myself included) will pick only the easiest / most obvious choice for how to post. If it is not blatantly obvious which tag they should use or subforum to post in, there will be errors. Now that there are literally countless tags you can use we will lose what little organization we had before. The issue isn't being able to search with more detail, it's being able to look without having to search a specific item but still have things categorized correctly. I think the tags are a huge step backward - before at least the categories were easy to select and see, they just needed to be moderated / cleaned up. Now even that is gone.

    I guess it is what it is and the forums are basically dead/useless now. Just a shame the Admins didn't poll users before making such a pivotal shift when they admittedly spend very little time in the classifieds. I also keep hearing that "users requested XYZ" - where is this occurring? Doesn't seem to be on bfc...

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    6,775
    My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    So far not a single person has posted in this thread in favor of keeping Panjo. Not one. In fact, I don't know anyone on the forums who likes it. Additionally, I know several people who no longer frequent Bf.c solely BECAUSE of Panjo.

    Kevlar, why don't you create a site-wide poll; Who is in favor of keeping Panjo or getting rid of it? I bet you would have an overwhelming amount of support to get rid of it, that seems like a pretty fair and legit way of deciding whether or not the feature stays.

    Personally, I hate Panjo. I haven't been able to post in the classifieds for weeks now, so I resort to cluttering up the sub forums with my FS threads.

    I could never use it via the mobile app on my phone.

    I used to exclusively sell stuff on bf.c , now I predominantly sell on FB, ebay, CL, etc. Nobody likes Panjo. And BTW, that alone SHOULD be a good enough reason to get rid of it. There is a reason nobody likes it, and it isn't because it improves the feeling, flow, and appeal of this site. It detracts from it, significantly.
    H&R Coilovers - Powerflex LCAB/RTAB - Apex Arc8 Powder Coated Gold(17x9) - S52 Swap - Built Head- Built Bottom End- Borg Warner S256sx- Boost Logic- Tial 50mm/44mm - TRM 60# Tune- Full 3" Exhaust w/Vibrant & Borla - Auto>Manual Swap - ZHP Shift Knob 463whp/411wtq at 13.8Psi

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    FL / 6ix
    Posts
    474
    My Cars
    RWD
    I know you don't like this answer, but it's true, I just don't like it, it's the truth, bf.c is the only forum I frequent that uses it and I dread creating a thread here because of all the extra steps, I then to create more threads on other forums and only the bigger items i list here.

    The fact that there are fees for selling stuff, I also don't like.
    If I wanted to pay fees I'd list it on ebay.

    I also just don't like that it is not bf.c , I don't care how good it is, or what BS benefits there are. I come here for bf.c not some farmed out solution.

    Sorry it's the truth.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Westminster, B.C.
    Posts
    272
    My Cars
    1994 840ci,'97 M3
    If been trying to post a clutch for sale 3 days later still cant get it to show up on the forced induction section. Panjo is just the worst. overcomplicates something that used to be simple and easy.
    Im on board with rajicase start a poll and see what the people want!

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,199
    My Cars
    98 Turbo M3, 04 E53 X5
    I see that others are able to post new threads without using Panjo.

    How do we go about this?

    For example this was posted a few days ago without using Panjo:

    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...TuRbO-manifold

    98 Fern Green M3/2 - Precision 6870/AR Designs Twin Scroll/RK/E85
    04 Titanium Silver X5 - Family Whip
    2011 Pierce 75' Quint - Fire Apparatus West Islip FD

  11. #36
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,674
    My Cars
    1999 m3 and 740iL
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Many of you have voiced complaints that you do not like Panjo...

    What features do you not like and why?

    What features would you add and why?

    I will be happy to reach out to the Panjo team and relay your requests on to them to help make the system better. If we have come to a point where Panjo is no longer meeting the needs of the admins and the members, we will abandon it in favor of a better system. I need reasons though, I can't make decisions based on "I don't like it".

    Consensus seems to be that the needs of the members aren't being met. I think there have been a sizable number of specific reasons cited why it's not helpful.

    Honestly - I can't even use it anymore. If I want to look for cars for sale on bimmerforums, do I have to search the tags "Bimmerforums" and "XYZ car"? The results that pop up seem to be all over the place. I had trouble imaging how the usability would get worse from the last version, but somehow the tags have done it.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oro Valley, AZ - USA
    Posts
    852
    My Cars
    2 Oxford, 1 Fern, 1 Deep
    I posted 4 new things for sale about 5 days ago (in addition to an item I posted 6 months ago that is still for sale), and I decided to check in on them today, since I get the daily email for Panjo BimmerForums I never saw any of my new items come through! I went through 7 pages of new posts and never saw my items, although they are clearly listed in "My Listings". The only item that showed up is the one I posted 6 months ago, as I recently did a 'price drop' renewal via Panjo.

    I did carefully place 'tags' on them to help them find their way to the right buyers (E36, E38, E9x etc...), but I apparently never did the new to me 'Generate Thread' action? So I picked a forum appropriate for the item (example, Alpine CD Changer goes to Car Audio forum etc...) and they neither show up in the BimmerForums sections, and I still can't see the ads on the Panjo listings. You can even go back and do the re-generate thread action over and over, but you have no confirmation as to what has actually happened, if anything.

    I've got tons of parts to sell- I appreciate the wide audience that Panjo provides, and I'm not even complaining about the large 'donation' and 'processing' fees that Panjo scrubs from my purchases. But I'm quite frustrated with the fact I spent a decent amount of time creating the ads, only to find out 5 days later that they weren't posted publicly, or cross-posted on the BimmerForums. My items somehow now have a handful of views, but I still can't find them on the Panjo site. I'm just perplexed at what's really happening behind the scenes, and I'm just to the point where I think the 'Panjo experiment' has run its course and has become so bloated as to be more of a detriment than benefit to people selling their BMW parts and cars.

    I also don't like the huge "Windows 10" theme where everything is spread out and there's tons of wasted space. I used to be able to switch to a compact listing mode without having to scroll for miles or click to the next page every 24 posts. Not saying that some won't like the modern wasted space look, it's pretty....but I at least want the option for compact listings like it used to have.

    Lastly, I think most people are confused by the tag system - I personally don't like it at all because it relies too much on people properly tagging their items. It's hard enough to get people to post in the proper forum let alone attach a group of sensible tags to their for sale items.

    My username is Chamberlin
    Last edited by Chamberlin; 02-25-2017 at 01:36 PM.
    2007 BMW E91 328iT 6spd (Deep Green Metallic)
    2000 BMW E36/7 ///M Roadster (Oxford Green Metallic II)

    1999 BMW E36 ///M3 Coupe 5spd (Fern Green Metallic)

    2000 BMW E36/8 ///M Coupe (Oxford Green Metallic II)
    2001 BMW E36/8 Z3 3.0i Coupe 5spd (Oxford Green Metallic II)
    2002 BMW E36/7 ///M Roadster (Oxford Green Metallic II)

    2007 BMW E63 ///M6 SMG (Silver Grey Metallic)

    2006 BMW E86 ///M Coupe (Sepang Bronze Metallic)
    2009 BMW E92 ///M3 DCT (Space Grey Metallic)
    2008 BMW E92 ///M3 6spd (Melbourne Red Metallic)
    1997 BMW E31 850CiA (Jet Black)

  13. #38
    Panjo's Avatar
    Panjo is offline Administrator Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    401
    My Cars
    2010 BMW 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamberlin View Post
    I posted 4 new things for sale about 5 days ago (in addition to an item I posted 6 months ago that is still for sale), and I decided to check in on them today, since I get the daily email for Panjo BimmerForums I never saw any of my new items come through! I went through 7 pages of new posts and never saw my items, although they are clearly listed in "My Listings". The only item that showed up is the one I posted 6 months ago, as I recently did a 'price drop' renewal via Panjo.

    I did carefully place 'tags' on them to help them find their way to the right buyers (E36, E38, E9x etc...), but I apparently never did the new to me 'Generate Thread' action? So I picked a forum appropriate for the item (example, Alpine CD Changer goes to Car Audio forum etc...) and they neither show up in the BimmerForums sections, and I still can't see the ads on the Panjo listings. You can even go back and do the re-generate thread action over and over, but you have no confirmation as to what has actually happened, if anything.

    I've got tons of parts to sell- I appreciate the wide audience that Panjo provides, and I'm not even complaining about the large 'donation' and 'processing' fees that Panjo scrubs from my purchases. But I'm quite frustrated with the fact I spent a decent amount of time creating the ads, only to find out 5 days later that they weren't posted publicly, or cross-posted on the BimmerForums. My items somehow now have a handful of views, but I still can't find them on the Panjo site. I'm just perplexed at what's really happening behind the scenes, and I'm just to the point where I think the 'Panjo experiment' has run its course and has become so bloated as to be more of a detriment than benefit to people selling their BMW parts and cars.

    I also don't like the huge "Windows 10" theme where everything is spread out and there's tons of wasted space. I used to be able to switch to a compact listing mode without having to scroll for miles or click to the next page every 24 posts. Not saying that some won't like the modern wasted space look, it's pretty....but I at least want the option for compact listings like it used to have.

    Lastly, I think most people are confused by the tag system - I personally don't like it at all because it relies too much on people properly tagging their items. It's hard enough to get people to post in the proper forum let alone attach a group of sensible tags to their for sale items.

    My username is Chamberlin
    Apologies for getting to this post late! For some reason, a few of your listings were in queue to generate a thread post, but were stuck in limbo. Our team is currently investigating this inconsistency and why this might be impacting a few members of the community. In the meantime, I went ahead and manually pushed them through:

    1) https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...-converter-box

    2) https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...478227520-(new)

    3) https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...are-parts-only!

    4) https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...ghts-tailights

    Regarding daily emails, Bimmerforums digests send emails with listings tagged 'Bimmerforums' for those members who are following the tag. I see that your recent 4 listings only included the tag 'BMW' (currently followed by 44,000+ members). I've gone ahead and added the tag 'Bimmerforums' to each of your listings.

    Regarding the new design format, would having more listings in a row help? more listings on a page? taking out information in each listing tile?

    Our community team is actively monitoring new listings in the marketplace and assigning appropriate tags while working to consolidate similar tags. As we continue to learn how members are tagging their listings, we'll soon be able to better guide new members in tagging their listings as well as help members in the community personalize the updates they receive within the Bimmerforums community.

    - Brian
    Bimmerforums Marketplace for BMW Enthusiasts
    Santa Monica, California | 1.424.272.0291 | info@panjo.com



  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oro Valley, AZ - USA
    Posts
    852
    My Cars
    2 Oxford, 1 Fern, 1 Deep
    Quote Originally Posted by Panjo View Post
    Apologies for getting to this post late! For some reason, a few of your listings were in queue to generate a thread post, but were stuck in limbo. Our team is currently investigating this inconsistency and why this might be impacting a few members of the community. In the meantime, I went ahead and manually pushed them through:

    Regarding daily emails, Bimmerforums digests send emails with listings tagged 'Bimmerforums' for those members who are following the tag. I see that your recent 4 listings only included the tag 'BMW' (currently followed by 44,000+ members). I've gone ahead and added the tag 'Bimmerforums' to each of your listings.

    Regarding the new design format, would having more listings in a row help? more listings on a page? taking out information in each listing tile?

    Our community team is actively monitoring new listings in the marketplace and assigning appropriate tags while working to consolidate similar tags. As we continue to learn how members are tagging their listings, we'll soon be able to better guide new members in tagging their listings as well as help members in the community personalize the updates they receive within the Bimmerforums community.

    - Brian
    Thank you to you Brian and also Chad for your help in getting my ads posted. I've got plenty more stuff to put up for sale, so I'll let you know how it goes on my next round of items, and hopefully they don't get stuck in limbo! I'll be sure to use the bimmerforums tag too.

    Yes, simply put: more listings per screen is what I'm after... I don't mind 'cramped', but I also realize some people like the spread out look too...I'm just asking for the option for compressed listings vs. 'pretty' listings. It seems the individual listing size has grown multiple times over the last year, and now it's just too big for its own good.

    Thanks again for your willingness to hear us out-
    2007 BMW E91 328iT 6spd (Deep Green Metallic)
    2000 BMW E36/7 ///M Roadster (Oxford Green Metallic II)

    1999 BMW E36 ///M3 Coupe 5spd (Fern Green Metallic)

    2000 BMW E36/8 ///M Coupe (Oxford Green Metallic II)
    2001 BMW E36/8 Z3 3.0i Coupe 5spd (Oxford Green Metallic II)
    2002 BMW E36/7 ///M Roadster (Oxford Green Metallic II)

    2007 BMW E63 ///M6 SMG (Silver Grey Metallic)

    2006 BMW E86 ///M Coupe (Sepang Bronze Metallic)
    2009 BMW E92 ///M3 DCT (Space Grey Metallic)
    2008 BMW E92 ///M3 6spd (Melbourne Red Metallic)
    1997 BMW E31 850CiA (Jet Black)

  15. #40
    Panjo's Avatar
    Panjo is offline Administrator Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    401
    My Cars
    2010 BMW 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamberlin View Post
    Thank you to you Brian and also Chad for your help in getting my ads posted. I've got plenty more stuff to put up for sale, so I'll let you know how it goes on my next round of items, and hopefully they don't get stuck in limbo! I'll be sure to use the bimmerforums tag too.

    Yes, simply put: more listings per screen is what I'm after... I don't mind 'cramped', but I also realize some people like the spread out look too...I'm just asking for the option for compressed listings vs. 'pretty' listings. It seems the individual listing size has grown multiple times over the last year, and now it's just too big for its own good.

    Thanks again for your willingness to hear us out-
    Absolutely, we're always open to feedback to hear how we can serve the community better! We recently released these new features based off what members were saying. Understood, we have been discussing some ways to increase the amount of listings visible on a page; hopefully we'll be able to implement your great feedback into the next iteration.

    Please do let us know if you run into any further issues with posting. For urgent help, you can always shoot me a direct email at brian.lee@panjo.com.
    Bimmerforums Marketplace for BMW Enthusiasts
    Santa Monica, California | 1.424.272.0291 | info@panjo.com



  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    5,479
    My Cars
    E30
    Panjo, I've been enjoying this forum for years. Over a decade now actually. You obviously saw an opportunity in the market to be a middleman and jumped. Congrats on landing this forum as a client. In my honest opinion you've destroyed the marketplace though. It's intolerable to do business here, and I've moved all of my product away from BFc solely due to your middle-management. Your registration process is complicated and poorly laid out. It's frustrating enough to sell things on a forum without you wanting a cut of the business. Until you streamline and clean up your operation, you'll continue to push business away from here. The biggest bmw forum on the internet should not be used as your test dummy.

    Edit: I just attempted to add a car to the classifieds and try your system out again. It doesn't actually appear though...

    Kevlar, you say that you need specific reasons why you should dump this program. I think the fact that some people's ad's don't pop up is as severe of a problem as you can get. What's the point of coming here if members can't post? I know you need specific feedback, but at a certain point, the mere volume of complaints is specific enough.
    Last edited by Pino; 03-11-2017 at 01:28 PM.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Noo Joisey
    Posts
    1,168
    My Cars
    1994 SVT Cobra
    This move to incorporate "Panjo" has literally pushed people off this forum - including myself. It is THE worst "idea" to incorporate such an "app" into ANY forum.

    No, it's not about "accepting change" as you (Panjo) want to push to the users - it's about your only thought process of looking at your profits and how you can incorporate and line the site with more fat pushers be it pop up ads or these horrible apps to bring in revenue.

    You don't even allow users any OPTION of using the prior classifieds ad formatting - no, you just push out the ONLY way to list anything for sale on here, hoping users will just "follow the script".

    Your "Panjo" app is nothing more than a rip off of the "Let Go" app, in which you're trying on the fly to make it work as you receive these user complaints. Sorry if you don't like the post here / but a classifieds section to ANY forum is KEY to that site/forum surviving. Take it away as you DID, is instant loss of revenue. Why? Because your user base is TELLING YOU - hey it sucks and doesn't even compare to what was here; they're dropping, leaving and will post their wares elsewhere on another forum that DOES have the option to post freely without being PUSHED into an app to benefit some contractural agreement to line your pockets.

    Not only did you destroy the forum experience for a user who wants to sell an item, but you ALSO destroyed the BUYING experience - because the app has replaced BOTH aspects of a standard vb classified section.

    Word of mouth travels very fast today, so both the site owner and Panjo should take a long hard look at what you have destroyed here - the app doesn't fit a forum, any forum. If we wanted an app to buy/sell, then leave that up to the user to decide for him/herself to get it independently - don't push it down the throats of users who have been on this site for YEARS and it being the only option.

    Cheers (going to list my parts on Let Go, eBay and another BMW forum) - no 'click revenue' from me to you.
    Last edited by Cobra Jet; 03-12-2017 at 10:02 AM.
    - Phil
    1994 Cobra coupe #0013
    2016 Mustang EB Fastback Premium w/Perf Pack


    1991 BMW 318ic & 1995 ///M3 coupe - SOLD

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    5,479
    My Cars
    E30
    ^ Yep. Sounds about right.

    I just had to bump an old post and edit it instead of making a new one.
    Why's that?
    Because I posted my product through Panjo and it went on Panjo.... but not BFc.

    Look at the dates on the 3series classified section! There's posts from 10 days ago on the first page!!! TEN DAYS?! The traffic and engagement on our classifieds section has PLUMMETED from just a couple years ago. Those stats should be inarguable and easy for Kev or anyone else to verify.
    Last edited by Pino; 03-11-2017 at 04:55 PM.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,674
    My Cars
    1999 m3 and 740iL
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Many of you have voiced complaints that you do not like Panjo...

    What features do you not like and why?

    What features would you add and why?

    I will be happy to reach out to the Panjo team and relay your requests on to them to help make the system better. If we have come to a point where Panjo is no longer meeting the needs of the admins and the members, we will abandon it in favor of a better system. I need reasons though, I can't make decisions based on "I don't like it".
    Going to re-quote this again in light of all the new feedback. The needs of the members are obviously not being met. No one is even asking you to develop something new, just go back to what we had before.

    It's ridiculous at this point, are you going to honor the above post or not?

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    1,118
    My Cars
    95 s/c 2.8l, 98 528
    Just give us the option to bypass Panjo already and post like we did before. If Panjo is really so great it shouldn't have to be rammed down our throats.
    95 325- s/c S50 01 X5-daily 98 528- lawn ornament

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    6,775
    My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by 5speed300 View Post

    Going to re-quote this again in light of all the new feedback. The needs of the members are obviously not being met. No one is even asking you to develop something new, just go back to what we had before.

    It's ridiculous at this point, are you going to honor the above post or not?
    No, looks like not.

    Not a single person has posted in favor of panjo.

    Everyone hates it, we all want it gone.
    Last edited by rajicase; 03-13-2017 at 07:33 PM.
    H&R Coilovers - Powerflex LCAB/RTAB - Apex Arc8 Powder Coated Gold(17x9) - S52 Swap - Built Head- Built Bottom End- Borg Warner S256sx- Boost Logic- Tial 50mm/44mm - TRM 60# Tune- Full 3" Exhaust w/Vibrant & Borla - Auto>Manual Swap - ZHP Shift Knob 463whp/411wtq at 13.8Psi

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    5,479
    My Cars
    E30
    Quote Originally Posted by 325isBoosted View Post
    Just give us the option to bypass Panjo already and post like we did before. If Panjo is really so great it shouldn't have to be rammed down our throats.
    Fantastic point.

    If Panjo was as in-demand and valuable as we're lead to believe, then I'd happily opt for it.
    Show value and the market will pay.
    Force it on us, and you will breed resentment.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    So. Cal
    Posts
    1,992
    My Cars
    05 M3, 01 Z3M, Jeep ZJ
    I agree, I see mostly negative feedback on panjo. I dont think it's serving this community as it is intended.



    Current:
    2001 S54 M-Coupe
    2011 Mini Cooper Countryman S
    94 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L/242 TC (Daily)

    Past:

    95 325i Convertible/Boston Green
    01 330Ci Convertible/Steel Grey/Stick
    05 Infiniti G35 Premium/Tech

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oro Valley, AZ - USA
    Posts
    852
    My Cars
    2 Oxford, 1 Fern, 1 Deep
    I've seen plenty of ads where the guy doesn't even write a complete sentence to describe his item for sale, but yet he takes the time to type out the words "DON'T PAY VIA PANJO, PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY" etc...
    2007 BMW E91 328iT 6spd (Deep Green Metallic)
    2000 BMW E36/7 ///M Roadster (Oxford Green Metallic II)

    1999 BMW E36 ///M3 Coupe 5spd (Fern Green Metallic)

    2000 BMW E36/8 ///M Coupe (Oxford Green Metallic II)
    2001 BMW E36/8 Z3 3.0i Coupe 5spd (Oxford Green Metallic II)
    2002 BMW E36/7 ///M Roadster (Oxford Green Metallic II)

    2007 BMW E63 ///M6 SMG (Silver Grey Metallic)

    2006 BMW E86 ///M Coupe (Sepang Bronze Metallic)
    2009 BMW E92 ///M3 DCT (Space Grey Metallic)
    2008 BMW E92 ///M3 6spd (Melbourne Red Metallic)
    1997 BMW E31 850CiA (Jet Black)

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    So. Cal
    Posts
    1,992
    My Cars
    05 M3, 01 Z3M, Jeep ZJ
    Dub2shoe just posted a mcoupe for sale via panjo. And he just mentioned he's frustrated because he was having trouble with the site, and now his listing isnt showing up in the forums.



    Current:
    2001 S54 M-Coupe
    2011 Mini Cooper Countryman S
    94 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L/242 TC (Daily)

    Past:

    95 325i Convertible/Boston Green
    01 330Ci Convertible/Steel Grey/Stick
    05 Infiniti G35 Premium/Tech

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Christmas Wish List
    By Jed in forum Middle Atlantic - US
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 02:58 PM
  2. The "It will never happen" wish list
    By John (PA) in forum Forum Software Questions & Suggestions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2003, 11:23 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-24-2002, 09:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •