Thread: APEX | Official Wide 17" ARC-8 Group Buy | Let’s do another production run!

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d

This Group Buy has ENDED

This Group Buy has ended!

Click the link in our signature for our most recent promotions or Group Buys. To stay up to date and never miss another Group Buy, promotion or any other APEX related news, just simply visit our website here!
    Last edited by Eddy@ApexRaceParts; 09-06-2017 at 05:41 PM.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe LS Swap
    Unfortunately, those of use track drivers who use 17x10s on a consistent basis have likely found other sources. The ARC-8 is a fantastic track wheel, but the limited availability makes them difficult to use for the club level owner. I ended up with an inventory of a heavier wheels because there was a very long period where you did not even do the group buy. I still have 2 of your 10-25et left over sitting in the corner. I'll put in an order for a pair to complete the set and have as a backup but it is frustrating to bend one or two and then have to wait a year or more to replace.
    Dan "PbFut" Rose

My Cars
    2000 z3m coupe
    I'll buy a full set just to have 2 spares. Signing now.

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    Quote Originally Posted by PbFut View Post
    Unfortunately, those of use track drivers who use 17x10s on a consistent basis have likely found other sources. The ARC-8 is a fantastic track wheel, but the limited availability makes them difficult to use for the club level owner. I ended up with an inventory of a heavier wheels because there was a very long period where you did not even do the group buy. I still have 2 of your 10-25et left over sitting in the corner. I'll put in an order for a pair to complete the set and have as a backup but it is frustrating to bend one or two and then have to wait a year or more to replace.
    Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we understand your concern! Due to limited demand for these specialty SKU's, we will typically run a wide 17" wheel once a year. This allows us to gain enough demand to merit a production run. Typically after a production run we have additional inventory in stock (while supplies last), which is useful for customers needing replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by tq3z View Post
    I'll buy a full set just to have 2 spares. Signing now.
    Appreciate the support

-Matt on behalf of Eddy.

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d

Lets bring back the wide 17" ARC-8! Sign up for the Group Buy today

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe
    What kind of tires can you put on these things? It's a bit of an oddball size!

My Cars
    2000 z3m coupe
    255 mostly. They fit somewhat square depending on what tire you use.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe LS Swap
    I run 275x35x17 on a 17x10 wheel. Net et is around 10 I think. They fit very well but I am not aware of any DOT tire in this size that is intended for street application. Hoosier and Maxxis have a track tire. in 275x35. The 275x40x17 size is fine in back. They match well with a 255 in front on a 8.5" wheel giving good balance if you use a rear sway bar. You need a fair amount of negative camber and will still get some rubbing on the plastic fender liner with a 255 in front. Inconsequential relative to the tire and liners are cheep to replace when it's time to restore.
    I run a 275 square setup on 17x10s, no rear bar but my front fenders are flared about 2.5 inches and I use control arms that set the wheels outboard more than stock in front. I was never able to make 275 work up front under a OEM wheel arch even with OEM arms. You might be able to get away with it for an auto cross event, but not on the street and no way on track as there is just too much rubbing over time. And honestly, I think the weight of a 275 tire in front on an autocross track may hamper the net time unless you got the setup perfect. The ARC wheel is a fantastic unit for the price. If I was looking for a a nice very strong 17x10 wheel for general track or street, this is the one to buy. Just know you won't be able to replace it easy if you bend one. If they had them year around, it would be all I would run as it is by far the best value for this odd ball size. (17x10 low offset)
    Dan "PbFut" Rose

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    been looking for an upgrade to my stock rims for awhile now. was looking at the ARC-8 18's for a while, but these 17's look great. in for 2 of the 17x10 ET25's and 2 of the 17x8.5 ET40's

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    We've extended the Wide 17” ARC-8 Group Buy "Feeler" phase until February 28th. This is necessary as not enough members have shown interest to unlock the first discount tier.

So far, enthusiasts have shown interest in purchasing 88 wheels, and in order to ensure the deal's success we will need to gain more interest.

We also can see that many of you have selected the highest $200 off discount tier as your Minimum Required Discount (MRD). In order to unlock that tier and officially count you as “On Board”, we would need more than double the current interest level.

If current interested members select a lower MRD tier once the payment phase opens, the chances of this Group Buy coming to fruition will be much higher. Remember, the MRD is not the discount you'll get. The MRD is the absolute minimum discount you'd be willing to accept in effort to get the wheels produced. You can absolutely select the Free Shipping discount tier as your MRD, and still achieve a higher discount if those tiers are met.

Let’s finish strong, and bring back the wide 17” ARC-8 wheels!

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    This deal is going to fail because the participation levels needed in order to make two separate wheels is too high. The unpopular wheel is dragging down the success of the popular wheel. Our solution is to create a new deal for the popular 17x10” ET25 wheel with a much more favorable discount structure.

Check out and join the new deal HERE.

Based on the members from this deal there are already enough people interested to reach the maximum discount, so we’ll be hosting the new deal for less time.

We did not see enough demand for the 17x10.5” wheel so we won’t launch a deal for that size at this time. We may try to bring it back again in the future.

-The APEX Team

My Cars
    99 Mcp, 94 NSX, 87 e30
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy@ApexRaceParts View Post

We did not see enough demand for the 17x10.5” wheel so we won’t launch a deal for that size at this time. We may try to bring it back again in the future.

-The APEX Team
    What is the min order amount you need for you to run the 17x10.5 et27? We can orchastrate this and I'll front the money for the min order size. Also, side question what size spacer do I need for the front Arc 8 17x9 et42 wheels going from the stock z3m coupe front wheel which is 17x7.5 et41 obviously.

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Man that is one SEXY looking coupe in the first post!

If this unavailability keeps up, my 10.5's will eventually be worth a ton right
    Last edited by Z3speed4me; 03-13-2017 at 03:10 PM.

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel