Thread: Rear View Camera coding (NCS Expert) E60 with video module

My Cars
    2007 BMW 530i

Rear View Camera coding (NCS Expert) E60 with video module

I have a 2007 530i and I wish to install rear view camera and night vision by my self, I searched a lot and found their official retrofit documents explaining how to do the retrofits.
    To Make it happen, I used Ncs Expert and changed RVC and NIVI in CAPPL module from nicht_aktiv to aktiv, but I do not see any change in entertainment menu in iDrive, when I read codes by CODIEREN_LESEN in Ncs Expert I can see the change is done and the rvc and nivi became aktiv but nothing is changed, where do I have to see the result? am I searching for them in wrong place(entertainment)?

I plan to buy a cctv camera and connect it to video module(rear compartment in trunk) and then connect video module to CCC. I think I do not need any additional module like (navtech or so on)
    any suggestions?

Looks like in cars with SA601 the installation is much eaiser and I need to install a camera beside license plate bulb and connect it to video module! coding idrive and yeah! done!

http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E5...direct=1951791

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I found an answer for one of my questions
    After making RVC aktiv (from nicht_aktiv) I need to add $3AG to VO (vehicle option) using NCS Expert and job FA_Write,
    VO in both CAS and LMA modules need to be changed.
    Hopfully It will enable rear view camera menu in my iDrive, I will test it and edit this reply afterward.
    Last edited by iman760; 12-26-2016 at 05:41 PM. Reason: adding pix and descriptions

My Cars
    2008 535xi
    Did you ever get this to work?

I've seen a lot of posts alluding to this reverse camera install being possible on the CCC systems but no where have I seen anyone who's actually got it to work on their car, other than those who've paid hundreds for the no coding, plug and play interface solutions.

All the step by step tutorials are for CIC systems. I tried to follow that method but I get an error when I try to add $3AG to the VO.

My Cars
    2006 E60
    Quote Originally Posted by rkar View Post
    Did you ever get this to work?

I've seen a lot of posts alluding to this reverse camera install being possible on the CCC systems but no where have I seen anyone who's actually got it to work on their car, other than those who've paid hundreds for the no coding, plug and play interface solutions.

All the step by step tutorials are for CIC systems. I tried to follow that method but I get an error when I try to add $3AG to the VO.

Have you you got an answer, some says the $3AG is not a valide VO for e60.
    some also said the emulator works for both cic and ccc.
    I would love to get this retrofit for my CCC e60 too.

My Cars
    E64
    Hi All, is there any news on this topic? I'm stuck at the same point of not being able to add 3AG VO to E64. Do I really need this VO if I'm connecting camera via TV module?