Thread: Mini cooper r53 water (coolant) problem :(

My Cars
    Bmw X5, Mini cooper r53

Mini cooper r53 water (coolant) problem :(

Hi guys , i'm new here... and i hope so that someone will help me

Like first i own mini cooper r53, BY 2004..... car have 150 TKM ( app 100K miles)
    I have fev problems with coolant sistem...

Few weeks ago in midle of drving i turned heating on and my expansion tank exploded ( separated on 2 peaces ) so i took my car ( not driving) to the shop and they find that i need to replace expansion tank and radiator and heater core ( expansion tank blowed because heater core was sealed ). reasons is becaose preowner putt pure water in cooling system ....
    so i changed Radiator,expansion tank, heater core and three watter plastic separators. put mixture 60 coolant 40 water. and bleeded systerm.

Tested agein, drived few days i have great heating then today i kicked "pedal to metal" and approx at 5500 rpm in second gear steam come from hood immediatley stopped and turned off car... i looked under hood and i find that shoort hose that runs from branches to watter pump is broken....

So if someone can help me can broken water pump can cause rupture on hose

and also i checked ther is noo milk cremy on oil cap or expansion tank cap, there is no bubless in coolant no oil&coolant mixture , no foamy look at dipstic or gasoline smell in oil , no white steam from exoust ------ also there is no overheating... radiator fan work it kick on 105C ...

If anyone have idea what can cause this mess ?

My Cars
    2001 525it
    At this point I would test the coolant to see if there is combustion gases in it, it the coolant does not have to be milky to indicate a blown head gasket or cracked head. They have these testers that start out certain color and change to another color if the coolant of contaminated.

My Cars
    Bmw X5, Mini cooper r53
    I thinked about tester , but right now im live and work for ambasy in Bosnia&Heregovina so belive or not there i cant find to buy tester .... only on ebay but they need more than 30 days to deliver
    Only what we can test is pressure in cooling sistem but agein there is problem novere i cant find what is normal presure in cooling systeim of MCS 04....

also probably i will change headgasket and waterpump because mechanic told to me that replacment of headgasket, handling head , refreshin cylnders, with new water pump, and new coolant and oil will cost me aprox. 450$ ( 450$ including new headgasket and water pump) ... and he need 3 days for finishing job... so i will cal him later and ordered work.

My Cars
    BMW

yes this may be work

Quote Originally Posted by wanni View Post
    I thinked about tester , but right now im live and work for ambasy in Bosnia&Heregovina so belive or not there i cant find to buy tester .... only on ebay but they need more than 30 days to deliver
    Only what we can test is pressure in cooling sistem but agein there is problem novere i cant find what is normal presure in cooling systeim of MCS 04....

also probably i will change headgasket and waterpump because mechanic told to me that replacment of headgasket, handling head , refreshin cylnders, with new water pump, and new coolant and oil will cost me aprox. 450$ ( 450$ including new headgasket and water pump) ... and he need 3 days for finishing job... so i will cal him later and ordered work.
    Thanks wanni to give positive response