Thread: Greetings from Columbia area, SC

My Cars
    '06 325ci, Monaco Blue

Greetings from Columbia area, SC

Hi all,

Recently purchased '06 325ci. I had romanced my wife when we were dating in a '99 Z3, (most fun car I've ever owned!). Had the Z3 in Santa Barbara, CA where it was perfect and the top was hardly ever up. Moved to CO and found out 3" ground clearance and rear wheel drive were not good in the snow! Bought an '06 X3 which worked great! Sold it when I moved to SC to get married and banked the cash. Just got a new job and bought the 325ci for my commuter car.

Looking forward to new adventures with my wife with the top down. (car definitely, hers... maybe ). We were on the Blue Ridge Parkway a few years ago and I said that we needed a convertible to truly enjoy it! Planning that trip for the coming spring.

Owners really helped me with my previous vehicles on various forums and I look forward to communicating and getting and giving help here!

Thanks, diArdi

P.S.
    The car is in immaculate shape, inside and out. Just changed the oil and will change diff. fluid when new plugs arrive.

Trying to track down two things:
    1. Pretty noticeable hum coming from rear at speed. (changing diff. fluid... start w/ the simple stuff first). Would appreciate direction to particular threads about that noise.

2. Whistling sound on startup and low speed from engine compartment. Goes away as speed increases. Again, any direction would be appreciated.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 330ci ZHP
    Hey DiArdi, know of any enthusiasts in the city? I just moved to Columbia and bought a 330ci ZHP, also '06, but hardtop :P I had two E36s before this back in Vancouver, 318is then 328is. Cheers!

My Cars
    2012 X% 35d
    Greetings fellow Columbians. I am buying an x5 35d this week. I have had lots of vw diesels and am very active on the tdi club.