Thread: Anyone have any experience with lseat.com ?

My Cars
    97 m3 sedan

Anyone have any experience with lseat.com ?

Saw this site and was wondering if anyone has used their products before? Looks ok, but looking for anyone with first hand experience
    [CENTER]

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    That domain name is is for sale, you can buy the domain, but nothing else.
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    97 m3 sedan
    Oops! Sorry, lseat.com without the "s"
    [CENTER]

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    o.k., then I will change that also in the subject line for you from seats to seat
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    1998 M3 643whp
    I purchased an entire F&R interior for my E36, M3 coupe. Their leather is much closer to BMW's current leatherette than the original OEM hides. Its not as soft, but probably way more durable, but time will tell. This will be my 3rd complete interior job, so I have a decent amount of experience as a DIYer.

https://www.lseat.com/products/1992-...vers-rear.html
    The rears have been a mess to date, but lseat seem willing (so far) to attempt to correct the issues. The rear seat bottom installed properly and looks great with no bunching. The rear back patterns (all 4) were designed poorly, and the pass thrus had craftsmanship issues. I'm sending my original covers back as reference, so hopefully this issue is permanently resolved from here. I am concerned of any resolution though. This is a color change too, so I can't just scrap the rears and substitute some other covers. I'm glad I started with the rears.

https://www.lseat.com/products/1992-...ers-front.html
    I'll update on the fronts once I return the rear sections. I'm assuming they will be better given the reviews on their site, but we'll see.

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5, MCS
    I think I saw some reviews on the side bolsters not wearing very well. Seems to be subpar material. Been thinking of trying them though. They will do custom too if you send them the fabric.

My Cars
    97 m3 sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
    I purchased an entire F&R interior for my E36, M3 coupe. Their leather is much closer to BMW's current leatherette than the original OEM hides. Its not as soft, but probably way more durable, but time will tell. This will be my 3rd complete interior job, so I have a decent amount of experience as a DIYer.

https://www.lseat.com/products/1992-...vers-rear.html
    The rears have been a mess to date, but lseat seem willing (so far) to attempt to correct the issues. The rear seat bottom installed properly and looks great with no bunching. The rear back patterns (all 4) were designed poorly, and the pass thrus had craftsmanship issues. I'm sending my original covers back as reference, so hopefully this issue is permanently resolved from here. I am concerned of any resolution though. This is a color change too, so I can't just scrap the rears and substitute some other covers. I'm glad I started with the rears.

https://www.lseat.com/products/1992-...ers-front.html
    I'll update on the fronts once I return the rear sections. I'm assuming they will be better given the reviews on their site, but we'll see.
    Post pics if u can
    [CENTER]

My Cars
    1998 M3 643whp
    Quote Originally Posted by rohner88 View Post
    Post pics if u can
    Will do, but I don't want to drag them through the mud in doing so. #1, you have to understand that you are getting covers for $150/seat. I understand that and am willing to deal with them to help resolve the issues. Sure, my time is valuable and it's not fun to install a cover only to find out that there are show stopping problems right at the end. I have pictures of the issues which were "embarrassing" about their quality IMO. The rear seat bottom looks great though and had no problems....so all is not bad. I think that was re-used from an existing E36 pattern though.

I suspect the M3 coupe rear covers (rear seat backs) are a new pattern for them and they haven't sold any to date. I remember that they didn't have them available a year ago. Either way, I'm allowing them a chance to correct it without posting about it. Hold tight if you were thinking of ordering the E36 M3 rears from them. I have picture evidence to sway customers away from them, but hopefully they step up and take care of the issues. I much rather show glory pics of the corrected seat covers rather then what I have now. It does me (or them) no good to bad mouth them before they have a chance to fix it. I owe them that at this point.

Hopefully my time is invested to solve problems for everyone else yielding a decent looking set of covers for super cheap.

My Cars
    '98 M3 Alpine White
    I added a report and pics for lseat.com in another thread. A search should find it.

Found it, post #15: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...t#post29856762
    Last edited by tjm3; 02-25-2018 at 10:57 AM.
    See ya later,

tony
    '98 M3, '92 Dinan3, '05 R1100S BCR, '07 R1200S, Aprilia T

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328ic
    See my review and links to full installation videos on youtube on this site. Overall I am happy with them. I did both front sport seats in leather for $299 plus $28 for shipping.

Don B

My Cars
    1998 M3 643whp
    I still haven't received my replacement covers for the M3 rear seats (returned 2/28) due to major quality defects on the rear back patterns and rear back corners. Big pain dealing with them so far. Broken promise after broken promise. I'm very close to returning everything as they are kind of holding me hostage here. I'm changing the color from black to dark red and need an entire F&R set of matching covers. I think the front covers I have from Lseat will work well, but I don't want to get too far until I know the rear covers fit well.

If I were to do it again, I'd spend the money on Autoberry or better.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328ic
    Thats unfortunate maybe I just got lucky.

Don B.

My Cars
    1998 M3 643whp
    20180221_113210[1].jpg

20180224_102155[1].jpg

Here is how they made the rear fold down section on the M3 rears. Notice the use of brown (WTF?) leather on the back strips and the poor pattern making around the seatbelt cover. I can't do anything to get this to cover. There isn't any "pull" on the pattern design to pull this under the seat belt cover to get it to hide. You see this wonderful hole clear as day after installation. There aren't any metal areas to hogring-to inside the seatbelt area. I guess I could try to hog ring through the foam and have it pull out as soon as someone sits in it.......

The fold down backs above were better than the rear corner pattern. What a joke! Here you can see them against the OEM patterns. Notice how the OEM patterns have the strips and hooks to wrap around the plastic cushion. Nothing on the LSEAT pattern. Not even a hook strip to latch the first side. I have no idea how they expected me to install these. Zero way to attach this cover along the interior side that is exposed when rear seats fold down.

20180217_101543[1].jpg20180217_101231[1].jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wgknestrick; 04-19-2018 at 01:41 PM.

My Cars
    1998 M3 643whp
    20180224_102208[1].jpg

Rear fold down back after installation. Too much material around sides and can't eliminate bagginess/wrinkles. I've steamed this to hell. OEMs have a little wrinkle to this area, but these are much worse.

20180215_170117[1].jpg

Full pile of patterns. These are about worthless until I get the rears resolved. I'm holding out in case I have to go full nelson on them and abort which looks 75% probable at this point. They haven't responded to my last 3 emails over 2 weeks, and I'm probably going to eat $700 worth of covers/leather. The rear seat bottom looks good as does the 1 front headrest I did though. My car has been without a full interior for 2 months trying to resolve this mess.

MY ADVICE TO ALL IS TO AVOID LSEAT. If ANYTHING goes wrong, you are F'ed. Just spend the money on better covers. I wish I did, and will probably have to anyways.

My Cars
    1998 M3 643whp
    Not only has Lseat not resolved the issue with the backs, but they still haven't returned my OEM patterns that I sent with my return for them to copy from. Needless to say, I'm livid over this at this point. Their total lack of response to anything over the last 2 weeks isn't helping either.

My Cars
    '98 M3 Alpine White
    Quote Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
    Not only has Lseat not resolved the issue with the backs, but they still haven't returned my OEM patterns that I sent with my return for them to copy from. Needless to say, I'm livid over this at this point. Their total lack of response to anything over the last 2 weeks isn't helping either.
    Similar experience but certainly not as bad or as costly as yours. I only ordered fronts, color match wasn't even close considering I also sent original covers, never got the original covers back (but didn't want them anyway and I'm sure they're somewhere across the border) and the fit needed a LOT of work and attention. They're cheap and cheap is what you get if you're up for dealing with that. The two addresses I had for the company we're a home in a Houston suburb and the main address is similar to one of those UPS stores with PO boxes. Google maps. My full report is up above somewhere in here.
    See ya later,

tony
    '98 M3, '92 Dinan3, '05 R1100S BCR, '07 R1200S, Aprilia T

My Cars
    1998 M3 643whp
    Finally have a tracking # on my return. I'll keep updating on progress with the E36 M3 rears