Thread: m3 vert with hardtop in the snow, thoughts on hardtop for convertible

My Cars
    1991 325ic, 1994 325is

m3 vert with hardtop in the snow, thoughts on hardtop for convertible

Due to some un foreseen snow in Iowa, I got to drive my m3 in the white stuff. Mind you just a light snow, but still happy to report no problems with traction at all. M3 handled it brilliantly!

Also, if you have the chance to get a hardtop for your convertible I highly highly recommend it! Completely transforms the car! Very little road noise with hardtop as compared to just the soft top. Has added interior lights. Maintains temperature better when it's cold out (winter). The hardtops are very easy to take on and off. My wife helps me out with it. I put it on in the fall, and I'll leave it on until spring. This way I can still drive the m3 when the roads are clear in the winter. With a hardtop holder from amazon that holds the hardtop vertically, it takes up minimal floor space in garage when it is off. My hardtop even has the option for a roof rack if I ever decided to do some major hauling with it. (probably not going to happen)
    The hard top also completely changes the profile of the vert. I actually prefer the vert with hardtop profile over the standard coupe (might just be me since i own one)

Just my 2 cents on winter driving with m3 and whether the hard top is worth it or not

Cheers!

2002 M3 Vert 6 speed with hardtop

1991 325i 'vert auto

1994 325is 5spd

2004 x5 4.4

2001 325i sedan

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron325i View Post
    Due to some un foreseen snow in Iowa, I got to drive my m3 in the white stuff. Mind you just a light snow, but still happy to report no problems with traction at all. M3 handled it brilliantly!

Also, if you have the chance to get a hardtop for your convertible I highly highly recommend it! Completely transforms the car! Very little road noise with hardtop as compared to just the soft top. Has added interior lights. Maintains temperature better when it's cold out (winter). The hardtops are very easy to take on and off. My wife helps me out with it. I put it on in the fall, and I'll leave it on until spring. This way I can still drive the m3 when the roads are clear in the winter. With a hardtop holder from amazon that holds the hardtop vertically, it takes up minimal floor space in garage when it is off. My hardtop even has the option for a roof rack if I ever decided to do some major hauling with it. (probably not going to happen)
    The hard top also completely changes the profile of the vert. I actually prefer the vert with hardtop profile over the standard coupe (might just be me since i own one)

Just my 2 cents on winter driving with m3 and whether the hard top is worth it or not

Cheers!
    I also own a ///M3. Unfortunately for me it didn't came with the removal hardtop. But I have seen it on it. It should be a pain on the arse as the wind deflect screen is to put it on. I was concerned about the hardtop being on in winter months or even rain. Will the soft top block the grain water holes when it's retracted? Just a though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1991 325ic, 1994 325is
    I have had no issues with that. The hardtop seals around the softtop. doesn't allow water in get there. the prior owner left the hard top on almost all the time and i saw no evidence of water in the soft top or the boot where it fits. It's not really to big of a hassle to put on. 5 minutes tops with two people. Much easier to just use soft top in the season when you want the top down though. I'll probably take the hard top off in the spring.

1991 325i 'vert auto

1994 325is 5spd

2004 x5 4.4

2001 325i sedan

My Cars
    1991 325ic, 1994 325is
    M3 is staying parked for awhile. Iowa got blasted and liquid salt is everywhere on the roads. Hope they clear soon!

1991 325i 'vert auto

1994 325is 5spd

2004 x5 4.4

2001 325i sedan