Thread: GoodYear Tires

My Cars
    323I 2007

GoodYear Tires

Guys I just bought this car used. 2012 X1, basic, no Navi or panoramic roof with 69k. I purchased thru a Mazda dealer. The sales guy told me they were putting on new tires, I didn't ask but great. They are new Goodyear Eagle run-flats. The day I pickup everything looked good, new tires glowing, etc. Yesterday I took a closer look and noticed the sidewalls of these tires look old. no natural oils left in tire, faded writing the tread is flaking away a bit in areas. I looked at DOT on this tire and it says 0811. I assume the tire was made in 2011. Can I say or do anything on this matter? The tires are new, but they must be old inventory from some other location or they had them sitting for a long time. I know in terms of car certification, if the tread is good, then I can't say much regarding that. Any thoughts? I just feel mis-lead about "new tires".

My Cars
    AP1 S2000, '03 525it
    tell them you bought the car under the conditions that they were putting onnew tires. call them and complain. used tires are in no way "new". unfortunately you drove away with the car. if they don't agree with you there may be no recourse. looks like you are in the great white north, so there could be far better consumer protection laws. but tires manufactured in 11 are quite old. and run flats are never the answer. see if you cant have them replaced.

My Cars
    2011 BMW 328xi
    I put michelin pilot sport A3's on my 328 and x1 with a slime air compressor in each in case of punctures. They are so much better than the oem conti run flats. Unless this dealer will swap out those 5 year old tires for new ones, you might want to just eat it and get new non-run flats. I'm much happier with the A3's; nothing worse than driving on tires you hate and waiting for them to wear out.