Thread: DSP (amp?) settings problem

My Cars
    2004 BMW Z4 3.0 SMG

DSP (amp?) settings problem

Hi all,

Have been trying to solve this for quite a while, unfortunately without any luck. I hope someone can help me out, the annoyance of this problem makes my sound system pretty much unusable.

I own the Z4 for two years now and always loved the sound (DSP). Some months ago started with trying out some coding with INPA, Navcoder and NCS Exert. All went well except one thing. From the first moment on I coded something with NCS/Navcoder, must have been the radio (not really sure unfortunately), the loudness setting of the DSP switched on. The setting can only be found only in INPA under DSP 'activate' settings, not through any settings of the radio or DSP. It is possible to switch off the loudness with INPA, but after having turned the radio or the power off it is automatically switched on again. Very annoying..

Btw, this is not to be confused with the speed dependent loudness (GAL) and changing the GAL values does not change this behavior.

Anyone any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

My Cars
    2004 BMW Z4 3.0 SMG
    Solved!!

I was noticing that the battery became weaker, especially due to recent colder temperatures. Accordingly, in order not to lose the battery I purchased a battery charger. And what do you think....? After charging it fully the memory was storing the DSP loudness setting again!! Beats me, but this is the solution.

Guess following the rules of BMW for coding is of utmost importance, even when all seems okay.