Thread: Need new headlights..nightmare!! PLEASE help! !

My Cars
    2006 530I

Need new headlights..nightmare!! PLEASE help! !

Hi guys,

I'm getting desperate..I wrecked the front of my '06 530i (last 7 Vin: CM40324)...
    ALL I NEED NOW ARE THE HEADLIGHTS
    I'm finding it VERY difficult to find AFTERMARKET headights that will work on my car cuz they are XENON AND ADAPTIVE..

Question:
    Does anyone know if I HAVE to replace with Xenon AND adaptive? Everyone says something different..AND I can't find aftermarket Xenon AND Adaptive..
    BMW wants $5,800 for the pair

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I threw away the old headlights lol, so the 2 boxes on the back (for power and adaptive function) I dont have anymore..I need to start from scratch...I don't wanna buy used lights but it may come down to that, unless anyone knows FOR SURE if;

A. I can replace adaptive lights with NON ADAPTIVE AFTERMARKET LIGHTS

B. IT MATTERS IF THE NEW LIGHTS TAKE D2S BULBS (ORIGINAL LIGHTS TOOK D1S BULBS)

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated this has been a nightmare finding BRANS NEW lights for my car!

My Cars
    z3
    Why do you need aftermarket? Buy used OEM and youll be much happier

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    If you replace with non-adaptive headlights and don't recode the light module to tell the car, it will store a code in the module and that's it - it will send voltage to try to adjust them as needed but obviously wont be able to as they don't have that function (in other words, same as if the adaptive portion broke) ... the bulb type doesn't matter, the car has no way to know that.

I haven't had an e60, but that's just what I figure from other BMWs I've worked on and done similar things and from just general knowledge of how electronics work.

Buying used OEM is always an option as well as mentioned ...

- - - Updated - - -

edit: Rockauto.com has OEM Hellas (Bi-xenon, adaptive) for 750/piece ... and there are always 5 percent coupons floating around the internet ...

My Cars
    2006 530i 1994 325ic
    Try panjo on here and eBay for used lights. They can be had for pretty cheap. Lots of BMW salvage yards across the country. Do a search for guys parting out cars on the net too. Google used 530i headlights. Lots of sources.

My Cars
    2006 530I
    Thanks guys good info. ..so you're saying it won't be an issue to buy NON Adaptive aftermarket headlights?

And it won't be a problem if ebay guy selling em says they take D2S bulbs?

Does anyone know how to "turn off" the Adaptive function if I buy non adaptive headlights

thanks a lot guys I really appreciate it

My Cars
    I'm not sure why you're having a hard time. I replaced my adaptive and xenon headlamps with OEM units I bought on Amazon. $800 bucks each. Made by Hella, just didn't have a BMW logo on the box.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    2006 530I
    Whitey, funny you say that I JUST found a body shop blocks away from my house that located a SET off an '07 for $500 each!! And their OEM and xenon and adaptive!! And BTW HELLA IS bmw's oem manufacturer of most their headlights

I'm just glad this is over..I've searaches planet earth for A MONTH wit no luck, only to find EXACTLY what I need a few blocks away from my house lol..lovely

In closing, I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND OUT IF ANTONE SELLS AFTERMARKET XENON AND ADAPTIVE BMW HEADLIGHTS..XENON YES, ADAPTIVE NO...THATS WHY IT TOOK SO LONG, I REALLY WANTED BRAND NÉW..BUT the more I thought about it, to have oem lights that do everything the car tells it to do (I would've HATED to NOT UTILIZE the adaptive feature) that are 9 years old (but look great) is really the smart thing to do..I have heard BAD things about Chinese lights

Anyway good luck on your BEEMER VENTURES

LOVING THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!!

My Cars
    z3
    Glad you decided to keep it OEM. Aftermarket don't make adaptive lights because that is expensive, advanced technology and aftermarket are all about pinching pennies and making cheap junk in Chinese factories.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2006 530I
    Bimmer breaker, thanks buddy...just curious though, since bmw doesn't even know, IF I WANTED TO COULD I HAVE REPLACED MY OEM XENON AMD ADAPTIVE LIGHTS WITH XENON AND NON ADAPTIVE LIGHTS?

I'M BEING TOLD AFTERMARKET XENON BUT NON ADAPTIVE LIGHTS WOULD WORK, I WOULD ONLY HAVE TO DEAL WITH AN ERROR MESSAGE ON THE I DRIVE

ANYONE KNOW IF THAT'S TRUE, OR WILL THE LIGHTS NOT WORK AT ALL IF THEY'RE NOT ADAPTIVE AS WELL?