I used to love Rollercoaster Tycoon as a kid, RCT2 was and still is one of my favorite games. It is mindless entertainment in it's finest form and it tickles my creative fancy. But RCT3 sucked, save for the one cool feature of night time lighting. And the limited power of the tools in RCT2 made it sometimes tedious to do things, hurting it's long-term replayability.

So I was recovering from a surgery and went to play it again, but just for the sake of curiosity I researched if there was a mod for night time lighting, since it just felt like there should be. And so there is - I discovered OpenRCT2, an open source mod of Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, with all kinds of new features. For those familiar with the game, you can use the Scenario editor tools in normal gameplay, all the tools are much more powerful, there are cheats enabled now to let you do all sorts of things, it even has a multiplayer where you can host a server and build a park with your friends in real time.

I did this over a few days (with more hours in those days then I care to admit)

You need the full version of RCT2 to play but the OpenRCT2 mod is free here - RCT2 can be bought from places like GOG for cheap

Just wanted to share this with everyone. I just love this game and think this new mod is awesome. Its also being actively worked on, so there will be new stuff regularly.