Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abu Dhabi GP @ Yas Marina Circuit

My Cars
    e28 535is, e39 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    I think we've been discussing who won the championship, you're the one talking about superiority.
    Superiority on the race track between the two dudes....When there is actually no debate or need for discussion at all. Just a lot of name calling.....
    Last edited by turbo5er; 11-28-2016 at 12:46 AM.

My Cars
    VW MK7 GTI
    Then why even run the races? Just crown Hamilton before Practice 1 in Australia and everyone go home.

RTR

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo5er View Post
    Superiority on the race track between the two dudes....When there is actually no debate or need for discussion at all. Just a lot of name calling.....
    Would you say that the number of points accrued in a race is indicative of how superior one driver is over another in that race? I would. The crazy part is that if you add up the points scored in each race, Nico has more of them. Weird.
    Last edited by burninator; 11-28-2016 at 01:05 AM.

My Cars
    VW MK7 GTI
    I've defended both Nico and Hamilton in multiple places on the net regarding this race. It's like fans want Formula 1 to be boring.

Good Riddance.

If you're a fan of a particular driver over the entire spectacle of F1, the strategy, and the drama, you're a loser

RTR

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Quote Originally Posted by RRocket View Post
    I've defended both Nico and Hamilton in multiple places on the net regarding this race. It's like fans want Formula 1 to be boring.

Good Riddance.

If you're a fan of a particular driver over the entire spectacle of F1, the strategy, and the drama, you're a loser

If you think that your personal feelings mean more than the actual outcome, then competitive sport may not be for you.
    Last edited by burninator; 11-28-2016 at 01:05 AM.

My Cars
    e28 535is, e39 540i
    Then why even run the races? Just crown Hamilton before Practice 1 in Australia and everyone go home.
    Dude....u do what you want..... I'm just talking about Nico compared to Hamilton...This argument isn't even as easy a point to make when u compare Hamilton and Vettel..... however, when we compare Nico and Hamilton.... maybe we SHOULD pack up and go home from Australia....shux...I wouldn't even watch.... Nico is just gonna crack and not even make it a fight

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Dude....u do what you want..... I'm just talking about Nico compared to Hamilton...This argument isn't even as easy a point to make when u compare Hamilton and Vettel..... however, when we compare Nico and Hamilton.... maybe we SHOULD pack up and go home from Australia....shux...I wouldn't even watch.... Nico is just gonna crack and not even make it a fight
    If Hamilton is the superior driver and Nico "is just gonna crack", then how do you explain the 2016 season? Lemme guess: the team was out to get Lewis

My Cars
    e28 535is, e39 540i

Good Riddance.

Says who????? YOU. LOL..... #teamhamilton
    The man in me loves to compete and see competition....If the idea of men competing to display their dominance over another in a particular sport bothers or makes you feel weird....maybe you should just cook our dinner while we watch the game. I'll rub your back after the game babe. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Would you say that the number of points accrued in a race is indicative of how superior one driver is over another in that race? I would. The crazy part is that if you add up the points scored in each race, Nico has more of them. Weird.
    Well good thing your opinions only mean something to u and the other losers like you because the guys aren't out there racing by feet. The machinery realiabilty means something too....hence the constructors championship....lol.Silly

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Says who????? YOU. LOL..... #teamhamilton
    The man in me loves to compete and see competition....If the idea of men competing to display their dominance over another in a particular sport bothers or makes you feel weird....maybe you should just cook our dinner while we watch the game. I'll rub your back after the game babe. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Well good thing your opinions only mean something to u and the other losers like you because the guys aren't out there racing by feet. The machinery realiabilty means something too....hence the constructors championship....lol.Silly
    What if the idea of someone winning a championship by scoring more points in a series decided by points bothers or makes you feel weird?

Which part of what I said is based in opinion? Are you saying it is an opinion that Nico scored more points?
    Last edited by burninator; 11-28-2016 at 01:23 AM.

My Cars
    e28 535is, e39 540i
    If Hamilton is the superior driver and Nico "is just gonna crack", then how do you explain the 2016 season? Lemme guess: the team was out to get Lewis
    Honestly, I think Hamilton got too comfortable and was partying too much and not practicing as much as he should at the begining of the year....thats honestly what i believe what happened. I hope he learned from this. When you're really good at something...you tend to do these sort of things

My Cars
    X535D 323iS Z4 i3
    Honestly, I think Hamilton got too comfortable and was partying too much and not practicing as much as he should at the begining of the year....thats honestly what i believe what happened. I hope he learned from this. When you're really good at something...you tend to do these sort of things
    Complacency always comes back to byte you in the a$$. If the regular human being Rosberg won over the super-gifted human Hamilton, this is advantage Rosberg. And he did it without even employing questionable tactics. He may have made a few mistakes, but not what Ham did. Now when i think about it, i really dont see another pilot from the leading teams backing-up his teammate into the other drivers. I may be idealist, but i believe they have the self respect to not do that.

My Cars
    e28 535is, e39 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by bawareca View Post
    Complacency always comes back to byte you in the a$$. If the regular human being Rosberg won over the super-gifted human Hamilton, this is advantage Rosberg. And he did it without even employing questionable tactics. He may have made a few mistakes, but not what Ham did. Now when i think about it, i really dont see another pilot from the leading teams backing-up his teammate into the other drivers. I may be idealist, but i believe they have the self respect to not do that.

I see your point. However, in my circle of F1 watchers Nico is KNOWN for doindirty stuff on the track. It came to a head last year. He takes up unsafe amounts of the track when he is turning with another person next to him...to the point.... he is the person I believe I see doing that the most. He got fined for it a few races ago because he couldn't get pass Ricardo so he pushed him out the way and took the penalty..... what do you consider that?? Is that gentlemen racing or being dirty to achieve One's goal. I'm just saying everybody says all this stuff about Hamilton....why??? Nico, has more
    penalities on the record for during dirty stuff but yet we conveniently forget to mention them. Nico did the same thing to Hamilton....MULTIPLE times and had to be warned by the team....so....there are MANY examples of Nico's questionable tactics to keep himself in championship completion status. For Hamilton to try what he tried the other day.....makes sense to me....but that could just be my competing nature.....maybe I'm wrong for thinking that way.
    Last edited by turbo5er; 11-28-2016 at 02:37 AM.

My Cars
    M3, 850i, E30T, E55T
    I guess it's a rule that before the end of page two, most discussion threads become arguments

Yeah Nico! The guy raced the smart race and had the class to dub hamilton a skilled driver and say he did everything skillfully--even the somewhat dishonourable moves until the very last squeeze. I get that it's all he had left to do but there is a point where you have to say, "ah enough trying to make this guy either get in a collision or be overtaken," and just take it for what it is.

Even in defeat, lewie was back on the "this only happened because of reliability problems" rhetoric. We get it. Everyone has heard it. There are conspiracy theorists everywhere going on about it now. At least come in second place with dignity. He really went out poorly and I was disappointed to see that but as sky sports would say, "He's just a mercenary! He just wants to win!" 9 seconds slower on the final lap than his qualifying time....that is just brutal, it's beyond tactics and that point imo and risks a lot for the team. So brutal that even brundle seemed disappointed, and it takes a lot for him to think that way about hammy.

To me it was a fair call to make him speed up at that point--he truly could have put the W at risk for mercedes, even if he is in control. With Nico at some points less than a second behind and Vettel less than a second behind him, it would be very possible for the red car to jump up two places. It was a pretty selfish move, I understand the logic, but it went beyond strategy and bordered on spectacle. Lewis was asked a few days ago if he thought nico would pull some poor tactics and he replied something to the effect of him holding higher regard for Nico than that, but I truly wonder what he would have said if the roles were reversed...I can imagine something along the lines of "We are racing drivers, we're here to race and he's up there going seconds slower than the pace, I'm here to race not be backed up into the competition by my team mate."

This post went on longer than intended but really it was awesome to see the elation in Nico the entire time. I was smiling watching him in his victory lap with his hand over his helmet in disbelief, was an awesome moment and one that I imagine will stick with him for some time. Some pretty solid donuts too. He held his composure right up until the moment he dedicated his win to his wife and daughter, then he welled up and it became much more obvious what it meant to him.

Whether you think he is the better racer or not, he deserved the championship and there is no defense to say otherwise really. Now back to our comparatively mediocre lives until March.
    Last edited by adamnur; 11-28-2016 at 05:33 AM.

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Hamilton has has some of the best, and often THE best equipment of any person on planet earth during his whole career. Hamilton has had some of the best people and best funded organisations hold his hand throughout everything, trying to drill some sense and simple concepts into his skull. He sucks as a tactician and is actually extremely unintelligent, not understanding the concept of conserving tires for years and years, etc. Even simple things have been impossible for him to grasp. Much of the illusion of 'exceptional speed' in his career came from everyone else driving to keep their tires alive, and then Hamilton just burning his tires in a flash making him look faster than all the others for a while, then his pace plummeted once he had ruined his tires like an idiot, then he started complaining on the radio about his tires = blaming equipment and others instead of himself. So many uninformed people actually thought he was phenomenally fast and then was let down by his tires! Even though he was no faster at all, just an idiot.

Over the last couple of seasons it's actually Rosberg that has had a far more unreliable car.

Also, if Hamilton would've been penalised for all his shenanigans, pushing Rosberg off track multiple times, and Rosberg wouldn't have just been on the receiving end all the time losing points because of that then the championship would've been decided well before this race. Some uninformed troll here trying to turn reality upside down and claim that Rosberg would've been the offending party is just pathetic. Rosberg only once, ever, tried to give back the same as Hamilton has done to him so many times, and even did that cleanly (much more clean than dozens of unpenalised moves just like it, like Verstappen on Vettel in Brazil) but HE was penalised for that!! Every single other incident has been Hamilton pushing Rosberg completely off track (not like Rosberg's move where there was easily more than one cars' width of room still on the track), so can you blame Rosberg for thinking that Hamilton deserves to be treated like he has treated others, not to mention that Hamilton never got any penalties so of course logically one would think that pushing others off is now legal... Then there's all the times Hamilton cut corners to gain an advantage and was never penalised.

If you're going to talk about 'deserving' the championship clearly Ricciardo, Vettel, hell even Bottas, Hulkenberg would 'deserve' it more than Hamilton. But all this 'deserving' talk is just despicable sore loser talk. The fact that Hamilton stooped so low as to even hint at him 'deserving' the title even though he lost it fair and square, not to mention actually literally straight up saying it shows that he is a spineless, low, scumbag, classless, sore loser without any manners, honor, grace, or intelligence. He's a delusional narcissist who thinks he's god. Oh, and he's still talking about being better than Senna...

So all in all: really pathetic being such a sore loser. Even blocking in the last race was just that: unsportsmanlike, just refusing to accept defeat. He had already lost the championship because Rosberg had beat him so many times. No tantrum in the last race was going to change that, no matter how much he feels like he's entitled to absolutely everything he wants.

And just because the sore losers asked for it: HAHAHA, Hamilton is such a bad driver that he can't even beat Rosberg in the championship!!! Just imagine next season when he's up against drivers like Ricciardo, Verstappen, Vettel, Räikkönen, and hopefully even more and isn't handed everything on a silver platter only having to beat Nico Rosberg!! If he can't beat Rosberg then what chance does he have against those others? HAHAHA! Not to mention if he's kicked out of Mercedes' Team due to all his stupid, selfish, childish stunts and he's in a team that isn't absolutely the best?

- - - Updated - - -

I really wish they find some new set of rules to allow restrictions of radio comms to be reintroduced. IMO it really was so much better when they couldn't get so many instructions for everything over the radio. Idiots like Lewis we're completely lost at sea so many times!! It's just that the radio instruction ban came out of the blue, and the cars' systems weren't simplified enough to allow that at short notice. The teams just need a bit longer to prepare and set everything up for the no-radio rules, so that drivers can better operate the cars themselves. The main thing isn't how they set up the cars' complex systems, it's the tactical and tire-strategy calls that were the catalyst of trying to go for the radio ban, which was for sure the right motivation. It just wasn't executed that well.
    Last edited by MagneZium; 11-28-2016 at 11:11 AM.
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    TBD
    practicing

My Cars
    Bicycle
    All the Hamilton haters come out in bunches. If he wasn't one of the best driver in the paddock, he wouldn't always be in one of the top teams. When was the last time a top team had a slow driver? He tied with Alonso in his rookie season, and had shown he is faster than anyone in the same machinery. Top teams don't want a bunch of Grosjeans, Glocks, and Fisichellas.

So Lewis said he would have won the championship if not for the reliability issues, but it is a fact that he was the only one that suffered problems and not Nico? Hamilton had 2 engine failures in qualifying and 1 in the race plus the engine mode issue in Baku. In contrary, the only issue Rosberg had was the transmission issue in Silverstone which the team helped him fix.

Reliability is part of championship just like in 2003 when Kimi should have won, so it is what it is. Rosberg is a good driver, but he isn't as fast as Hamilton, history shows that.

Even Christian Horner said he would do the same as Hamilton, Hamilton is trying to win a championship so I don't understand the criticisms unless Mercedes didn't already win the constructor championship. When Senna wrecked Prost in Japan, or when Schumacher tried to wreck Damon Hill and Villenueve, people treated them like heroes cause they were just trying to win. Hamilton backed Rosberg up and he get treated as a villain.

Magnezium, I think you are talking about the Austria grand Prix when you said Rosberg got penalized, I am not sure if you ever been w2w on a race track, but going straight and not making a move to block deserves a penalty in any series. Check MotoGP when Rossi collided with Marquez in Malaysia last year, and Rossi got moved to the back of the grid for that move.

Also, when had Rosberg beat him many times? If you count races without either one having reliability issues, incidents, and peanlty during the weekend (China, Russia, Spain, Baku, Silverstone, Spa), Hamilton has Rosberg beat 9-5 and 4 of those include bad starts (Australia, Bahrain, Monza, Japan).

Your hate for Hamilton is so strong that you can't even make neutral decision...
    Last edited by justint5387; 11-28-2016 at 12:40 PM.

My Cars
    VW MK7 GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by justint5387 View Post
    All the Hamilton haters come out in bunches. If he wasn't one of the best driver in the paddock, he wouldn't always be in one of the top teams. When was the last time a top team had a slow driver? He tied with Alonso in his rookie season, and had shown he is faster than anyone in the same machinery. Top teams don't want a bunch of Grosjeans, Glocks, and Fisichellas.

Reliability is part of championship just like in 2003 when Kimi should have won, so it is what it is. Rosberg is a good driver, but he isn't as fast as Hamilton, history shows that.
    No one is arguing against this. Nico deserved and won THIS championship. The 2016 WDC. This one. The one that happened this year, in the 2016 season.

Even Christian Horner said he would do the same as Hamilton, Hamilton is trying to win a championship so I don't understand the criticisms unless Mercedes didn't already win the constructor championship. When Senna wrecked Prost in Japan, or when Schumacher tried to wreck Damon Hill and Villenueve, people treated them like heroes cause they were just trying to win. Hamilton backed Rosberg up and he get treated as a villain.

Your hate for Hamilton is so strong that you can't even make neutral decision...
    Hamilton should have backed Nico into everyone else, that was the best strategy Hamiltion could have in order to win the championship. An objective fan can agree with the highlighted above, but still acknowledge Hamilton is a huge tool and literally the most insufferable guy in the paddock.

Again, if you are a fan of a specific driver, and race to defend every criticism of a grown ass man, you are a beta loser.

Remember when the 2007 Patriots went 18-0 into the Super Bowl and lost the game to the 12-6 Giants? Did the record breaking, undefeated regular season Patriots deserve to be Champions? Hell no, because they lost the goddamn Super Bowl.

Hamilton fans are the Patriots fans of F1
    Last edited by RRocket; 11-28-2016 at 01:09 PM.

RTR

My Cars
    TBD
    It's not hatred for Lewis. It's calling out some Lewis fans for being ignorant of the sport because they make all sorts of ridiculous claims. These claims are proof that they are ignorant.

I believe Lewis is an extremely quick racing driver. Probably in the top 4 of current drivers on the grid. But 1 race doesn't make a champion, 5 races don't make a champion, this season it was 21 races to make the champion. Sure Lewis had some bad luck but saying that Nico is an undeserving champion is nonsense.

Nico would not be able to get a single pole position if Lewis was that much better than him.

Lewis pole positions since 2013: 35
    Nico pole positions since 2013: 29

Also, reliability, team strategies, steward's decisions, punctures, other drivers spoiling your race, all play a role in deciding the outcome of a race. If you think Lewis is the only person to suffer bad luck then you have no clue about the history of F1. If you think that Merc would do anything to sabotage Lewis then you know nothing about F1.

Yes, on any given day Lewis is more likely to be quicker than Nico but Nico has beaten Lewis fair and square many times. Don't try to belittle Nico's WDC because your upset Lewis didn't win it this year. Random chance and a little luck is always needed.

You want to talk about bad luck, then we should be talking about Nico Hulkenberg.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    By the way, I was happy to see Seb getting past RBR and come home in third place. A great comeback and a sweet revenge on them. Lol

My Cars
    VW MK7 GTI
    Seb getting third was great.

RTR

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    people think it's about hating Lewis? THIS ISN'T ABOUT LEWIS. Nico is the champion, it's over. His crybaby fans clearly want to keep the focus on him just as much as he does.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Seb getting third was great.
    Yeah, the last 20 laps was the most exciting part to watch this race. Everything else was boring.

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Hopefully Toto does the right thing here, though I doubt we'll ever hear what was decided:

http://www.planetf1.com/news/mercede...-over-anarchy/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    02 E46 M3 IR + 13 Honda
    Easy for us to criticize both sides, too many internet warriors here, I am neutral and a season/consistency decides the championship and Nico did the best job - so wtf is all the noise about! as far as Lewis backing Nico up, for gods sake, he is the leader and he can control the pace, obviously not in a way that would cause a crash (he aint a fool either). But, put yourselves in each of the drivers shoes, and I bet each and everyone of us here would do the same thing.

The F1 Worldchampionship is at stake for god's sake (Ask Massa how he feels about loosing that 1 championship he thoroughly deserved, they dont come by easy guys!), Nico also summarized it perfectly at the end that Lewis played the "perfect" game, but so did Nico, not getting raffled and cruising to 2nd - the pressure on Nico would have been immense i cant even imagine the various thoughts that cross one's mind when so much is at stake, and I think deep down Nico knows it might be his only chance for a WDC - well played to both sides.

Lewis ignoring the team orders - again, the WDC is at stake, he did nothing dangerous apart from controlling the pace.

Hopefully we get more winners next season to spice up the championship!

Definitely will miss Button and Massa as most of us (I definitely have) have been watching F1 through their whole careers, what gems on/off the track! Hopefully, they end up engaging in some non F1 fun stuff. I think if there is one driver that everyone really loves - it would be Massa, always humble in victory and defeat and always a champion!
    Last edited by Blanchimont; 11-28-2016 at 04:34 PM.

My Cars
    Bicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanchimont View Post
    Easy for us to criticize both sides, too many internet warriors here, I am neutral and a season/consistency decides the championship and Nico did the best job - so wtf is all the noise about! as far as Lewis backing Nico up, for gods sake, he is the leader and he can control the pace, obviously not in a way that would cause a crash (he aint a fool either). But, put yourselves in each of the drivers shoes, and I bet each and everyone of us here would do the same thing.

The F1 Worldchampionship is at stake for god's sake, Nico also summarized it perfectly at the end that Lewis played the "perfect" game, but so did Nico, not getting raffled and cruising to 2nd - the pressure on Nico would have been immense i cant even imagine the various thoughts that cross one's mind when so much is at stake, and I think deep down Nico knows it might be his only chance for a WDC - well played to both sides.

Lewis ignoring the team orders - again, the WDC is at stake, he did nothing dangerous apart from controlling the pace.

Hopefully we get more winners next season to spice up the championship!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast