Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abu Dhabi GP @ Yas Marina Circuit

My Cars
    88 E30 M3 S65
    I think Vettel saw what Hammy was doing and didn't continue to try to pass for 2nd- surprising from Vettel.
    It's not speed that kills, it's the speed difference that does. Obviously you aren't going fast enough.

Turning Benjamins into noise since 1997

I read a list of the 100 things you MUST do before you die. Funny, "Yelling 'HELP'" didn't make the list!

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Quote Originally Posted by gobuffs View Post
    I think Vettel saw what Hammy was doing and didn't continue to try to pass for 2nd- surprising from Vettel.
    He had a long stint on the super softs as well, and his tires were getting trashed trying to stay on Nico's gearbox. I don't think he wanted to risk hitting Nico more than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Hamilton keeps saying "I did all I could", trying to typically insinuate that he's so much faster and it's the unreliability's fault he isn't world champion. But he lost lots of races to Rosberg, and he was lucky to be in the clearly fastest team in the first place. He could've beat Rosberg fair and square. He didn't. Ocon, Kvyat, everyone could say that "I did all I could (but the WDC was robbed from me because I didn't have the absolutely best car, reliable every race...)".

The real way to WIN is to pull out into the horizon, showing your pace. You're supposed to win by being the fastest consistently in all the races and in the end when the points are counted we see who gathered the most. You don't 'win' by sabotaging others' races so that they lose points! You don't win by driving slowly in 2 sectors to hurt others. That's not winning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RRocket View Post
    Great last 10 laps. The tension was high, Congrats to Nico
    I thought they were horrible, and a crap race too (except for Vettel vs. Verstappen). Hamilton made the whole race a shambles and about himself. Like always.

Hamilton wasn't fast enough earlier in the season so he had a race-long temper tantrum protesting that everything wasn't given to him on a silver platter like has been done for all of his life so far.
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    VW MK7 GTI
    That's F1 for me. A bunch of petulant children doin all kids of bitch ass stuff to win. Hammy backing Nico into everyone else was a bitch move, but the right one.

RTR

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    That's F1 for me. A bunch of petulant children doin all kids of bitch ass stuff to win. Hammy backing Nico into everyone else was a bitch move, but the right one.
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Yeah, Hamy was trying to push/hold up Nico back to give him any chance of winning the championship. I know he came on the radio and said he pretty much gave up but I still think he was still hoping for a 1 in a million chance of either RBR's or Vettel to attack Nico and secure his fourth title.

Happy to see Nico becoming a WC. He becomes the second driver in F1 history to have a father-son WC title. Keke Rosberg in 1982 and now his son. Graham Hill back in 1962, 1968 while Damon hill in 1996.

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    I'm curious to see if there's any repercussions for Hammy deliberately ignoring team orders. I guess only time will tell, but he's a whiny son of a [you know what] and I'm glad he lost the championship in spite his BS games.
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    X535D 323iS Z4 i3
    Quote Originally Posted by gobuffs View Post
    Absolutely agree! If Max was on Seb's spot behind Nico it would have been a completely different picture. Seb used the situation to help a compatriot while showing the finger to Lewis. Golden!

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by bawareca View Post
    Absolutely agree! If Max was on Seb's spot behind Nico it would have been a completely different picture. Seb used the situation to help a compatriot while showing the finger to Lewis. Golden!
    Ze German team work if I may say ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by m3fuz View Post
    I'm curious to see if there's any repercussions for Hammy deliberately ignoring team orders. I guess only time will tell, but he's a whiny son of a [you know what] and I'm glad he lost the championship in spite his BS games.
    I think he'll get away with some talks and warning and the team will just carry on.

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Quote Originally Posted by auaq View Post
    Ze German team work if I may say ...

- - - Updated - - -

I think he'll get away with some talks and warning and the team will just carry on.
    How many warnings is Hamilton going to get? The guy is a spoiled brat.
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Quote Originally Posted by m3fuz View Post
    How many warnings is Hamilton going to get? The guy is a spoiled brat.
    Bout tree fiddy

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    The only remaining question this season leaves.. who is the more deserving WDC, Rosberg '16 or Button '09?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    What is this "deserved" crap I keep seeing? Both drivers secured more points than the rest of the field. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    What is this "deserved" crap I keep seeing? Both drivers secured more points than the rest of the field. Seems pretty straightforward to me.
    This.

You go out there and earn your points over the course of the season. Whoever has the most at the end wins. :
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Yeah, otherwise anyone can claim that they 'deserved' the championship but their car was too slow...

- - - Updated - - -

One point about Hammy backing Rosberg up though: would it have really worked though? Hammy had to drive slow in two sectors but he was fast in that one sector where Rosberg can pass...and equally that's the sector where others can pass Nico -> Nico is free in that sector to go fast. So everywhere where Hammy was backing Nico up, basically Nico was equally 'backing the others up', but no-one has passing spots at that time. Then when Hammy is going fast so Nico can't pass, basically that's what Nico is able to do too: go fast so the others can't pass him.

Then the second phase: even if Vettel had passed Rosberg, Rosberg is the champ. So Hammy would have to keep waiting for Verstappen to come up to pass Nico. But now how can he back Vettel up anymore? He'd risk either having Vettel pass him and then it's championship gone for sure, or he's basically backing Vettel up to Nico, allowing Nico to pass Vettel...

I guess the only scenario where Hammy would've benefitted is if Nico would've somehow gotten really badly swamped by two drivers coming from behind and then not being able to pass them again, which is unlikely. Or most likely Hammy wanted some contact to happen, or a spin which would put Rosberg out of the race or really far back.

In any case: not worth it. Hammy just cemented his unsportsmanlike, undeserving, despicable, spineless reputation even more. Sure, maybe Hammy is one of the few people on this earth that would've been happy with himself if he'd have somehow caused some crap that would've 'won' him the title, but the other repercussions...
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    X535D 323iS Z4 i3
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneZium View Post
    Good analysis. +1 on all points.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Yeah, Hamy wasn't a team player in the end after admitting he wasn't going to win.

My Cars
    TBD
    Congrats on Nico on a well won WDC!

Even with all the pressure of Max and Seb behind, and Lewis pushing him into making a mistake, Nico held on really well for a well deserved 2nd place in the GP and an even more well deserved WDC. The pressure he was under was phenomenal but he held his cool and finished where he needed to take the WDC.

It's not the last race that decides WDC, it's ALL of the 21 (the longest season in F1 history) races and Nico has scored more points on average than Lewis.

If anything, I think the last 2 WDCs by Lewis have been easy for him. Nico really had to work for this WDC. On any given day I'd say Lewis is the quicker driver and I think that because of his natural talent I don't think he's worked as hard as Nico did this season for his WDC. Nico is definitely deserving of the 2016 WDC.

One of the wow I did not know that moments was after the GP when Brundle reported that Lewis quit the Mercedes team after their crash in Spain. It's the reason why they got Werlein to test for them because Lewis had a tantrum and refused to drive. Now here we have Lewis telling Paddy to get stuffed when giving him an instruction. I wonder how this will pan out into next season. Toto and Paddy were already making excuses for Lewis not following team orders after the race. So, my guess is nothing will change.

My Cars
    e28 535is, e39 540i
    Lmao!!! Nico has been losing to HAMMY since being a child....he is scared of him on the track because he is the weaker driver....hence the reason he ALWAYS folds when they compete head to head. Lucky for him he is on this year's most dominate team. His championship is not dominate like Schumacher, like Hamilton, like setting, like Jordan, like lebron.....he is a champion by default. A weakling in his field.... happy for those who find credibility in subpar performance ....they will ALWAYS be astonished. Let's see where this "champion" will be next year. Lmao. After all you may say about Hammy, hamroid.....whatever u may call.....numbers don't...CAN'T lie!! Congrats Nico. Lol.

My Cars
    VW MK7 GTI
    The numbers say Nico is the 33rd F1 World Champion

RTR

My Cars
    TBD
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo5er View Post
    Lmao!!! Nico has been losing to HAMMY since being a child....he is scared of him on the track because he is the weaker driver....hence the reason he ALWAYS folds when they compete head to head. Lucky for him he is on this year's most dominate team. His championship is not dominate like Schumacher, like Hamilton, like setting, like Jordan, like lebron.....he is a champion by default. A weakling in his field.... happy for those who find credibility in subpar performance ....they will ALWAYS be astonished. Let's see where this "champion" will be next year. Lmao. After all you may say about Hammy, hamroid.....whatever u may call.....numbers don't...CAN'T lie!! Congrats Nico. Lol.

And here we have the perfect example of a new to F1 lewis fanboi.

Troll away little boy, troll away.

My Cars
    e28 535is, e39 540i
    The numbers say Nico is the 33rd F1 World Champion
    lmao!

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo5er View Post
    As you said, "numbers don't...CAN'T lie!!" and this year, the numbers added up to Nico being the Champion. I'm not sure why that's so difficult for you to accept.

My Cars
    e28 535is, e39 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by RidgeBack View Post
    And here we have the perfect example of a new to F1 lewis fanboi.

Troll away little boy, troll away.
    hahaha....jokes on you.... i"ve been watching formula prolly longer THAN you!! lol Great is great.....don't be mad because i said it. No need to call names because your guy's record speaks for itself. But i let you losers sit around and debate and make excuses for your defacto champion....lol!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    As you said, "numbers don't...CAN'T lie!!" and this year, the numbers added up to Nico being the Champion. I'm not sure why that's so difficult for you to accept.
    Nico is this year's champion... there is no denying that... its cool. All i was saying is that Hamilton is better and in my opinion deserves the Championship over Nico. Especially since they came into the league the same year. Why is it so hard for you to admit to Hamilton's superiority over NIco....does that bother you for some reason.....?? Nico does dirty things on the track as well....even worse...Matter of fact he has had more penalties than Hamilton did this year AND last year for his dirty driving so.....

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    I think we've been discussing who won the championship, you're the one talking about superiority.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast