Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Abu Dhabi GP @ Yas Marina Circuit

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    2016 is officially done, so let's focus on 2017 and all the major aero rule and wider tyre updates.

For once crying out loud I would like to see consistency in Fia giving out penalties. Penalize drivers for exceeding the track limits (beyond the white lines). They also need to be quick when giving out messages.

This is just a thought but perhaps have a voting system during rainy conditions and let the drivers decide whether it is safe to go green light or not.

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Quote Originally Posted by auaq View Post
    2016 is officially done, so let's focus on 2017 and all the major aero rule and wider tyre updates.

For once crying out loud I would like to see consistency in Fia giving out penalties. Penalize drivers for exceeding the track limits (beyond the white lines). They also need to be quick when giving out messages.

This is just a thought but perhaps have a voting system during rainy conditions and let the drivers decide whether it is safe to go green light or not.
    I bet all of them will vote yes to go out, even in monsoon conditions. There aren't any Laudas left in F1. Everyone believes the equipment will keep them safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    2006 Toyota Tundra
    One thing I will say about Lewis is he did score more points per race finished than Nico. The only race nico didn't is the one where the two Mercedes collided. Lewis only DNF was when his engine caught fire

Nico 385 / 20 (races finished) = 19.25 per race finish
    Lewis 380 / 19 (races finished = 20 per race finish

I totally agree and get that it's a team effort but maybe that's why people say Lewis "deserved" the Championship

My Cars
    e28 535is, e39 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneZium View Post
    Hamilton has has some of the best, and often THE best equipment of any person on planet earth during his whole career. Hamilton has had some of the best people and best funded organisations hold his hand throughout everything, trying to drill some sense and simple concepts into his skull. He sucks as a tactician and is actually extremely unintelligent, not understanding the concept of conserving tires for years and years, etc. Even simple things have been impossible for him to grasp. Much of the illusion of 'exceptional speed' in his career came from everyone else driving to keep their tires alive, and then Hamilton just burning his tires in a flash making him look faster than all the others for a while, then his pace plummeted once he had ruined his tires like an idiot, then he started complaining on the radio about his tires = blaming equipment and others instead of himself. So many uninformed people actually thought he was phenomenally fast and then was let down by his tires! Even though he was no faster at all, just an idiot.

Over the last couple of seasons it's actually Rosberg that has had a far more unreliable car.

Also, if Hamilton would've been penalised for all his shenanigans, pushing Rosberg off track multiple times, and Rosberg wouldn't have just been on the receiving end all the time losing points because of that then the championship would've been decided well before this race. Some uninformed troll here trying to turn reality upside down and claim that Rosberg would've been the offending party is just pathetic. Rosberg only once, ever, tried to give back the same as Hamilton has done to him so many times, and even did that cleanly (much more clean than dozens of unpenalised moves just like it, like Verstappen on Vettel in Brazil) but HE was penalised for that!! Every single other incident has been Hamilton pushing Rosberg completely off track (not like Rosberg's move where there was easily more than one cars' width of room still on the track), so can you blame Rosberg for thinking that Hamilton deserves to be treated like he has treated others, not to mention that Hamilton never got any penalties so of course logically one would think that pushing others off is now legal... Then there's all the times Hamilton cut corners to gain an advantage and was never penalised.

If you're going to talk about 'deserving' the championship clearly Ricciardo, Vettel, hell even Bottas, Hulkenberg would 'deserve' it more than Hamilton. But all this 'deserving' talk is just despicable sore loser talk. The fact that Hamilton stooped so low as to even hint at him 'deserving' the title even though he lost it fair and square, not to mention actually literally straight up saying it shows that he is a spineless, low, scumbag, classless, sore loser without any manners, honor, grace, or intelligence. He's a delusional narcissist who thinks he's god. Oh, and he's still talking about being better than Senna...

So all in all: really pathetic being such a sore loser. Even blocking in the last race was just that: unsportsmanlike, just refusing to accept defeat. He had already lost the championship because Rosberg had beat him so many times. No tantrum in the last race was going to change that, no matter how much he feels like he's entitled to absolutely everything he wants.

And just because the sore losers asked for it: HAHAHA, Hamilton is such a bad driver that he can't even beat Rosberg in the championship!!! Just imagine next season when he's up against drivers like Ricciardo, Verstappen, Vettel, Räikkönen, and hopefully even more and isn't handed everything on a silver platter only having to beat Nico Rosberg!! If he can't beat Rosberg then what chance does he have against those others? HAHAHA! Not to mention if he's kicked out of Mercedes' Team due to all his stupid, selfish, childish stunts and he's in a team that isn't absolutely the best?

- - - Updated - - -

I really wish they find some new set of rules to allow restrictions of radio comms to be reintroduced. IMO it really was so much better when they couldn't get so many instructions for everything over the radio. Idiots like Lewis we're completely lost at sea so many times!! It's just that the radio instruction ban came out of the blue, and the cars' systems weren't simplified enough to allow that at short notice. The teams just need a bit longer to prepare and set everything up for the no-radio rules, so that drivers can better operate the cars themselves. The main thing isn't how they set up the cars' complex systems, it's the tactical and tire-strategy calls that were the catalyst of trying to go for the radio ban, which was for sure the right motivation. It just wasn't executed that well.
    i don't wanna cause trouble or seem like I'm being silly.... but this WHOLE LONG STATEMENT....couldn't be more BS.... Hamilton didn't have the NEST equipment for his whole career....he is one of the BEST tire preservers on the field....he is acknowledged as so ALL the freaking time....AND fuel!! He had subpar equipment from carting and learned to carry his speed and be less fearless..... some ppl just upset me when they try to discredit the most winning driver in the last 5 or six seasons as if it was all a fluke. If you knew anything about formula I'd know the best drivers get hired by the best teams!!! Always been and will be that way

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo5er View Post
    i don't wanna cause trouble or seem like I'm being silly.... but this WHOLE LONG STATEMENT....couldn't be more BS.... Hamilton didn't have the NEST equipment for his whole career....he is one of the BEST tire preservers on the field....he is acknowledged as so ALL the freaking time....AND fuel!! He had subpar equipment from carting and learned to carry his speed and be less fearless..... some ppl just upset me when they try to discredit the most winning driver in the last 5 or six seasons as if it was all a fluke. If you knew anything about formula I'd know the best drivers get hired by the best teams!!! Always been and will be that way
    We get it, you're the F1 SME.

My Cars
    e28 535is, e39 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    We get it, you're the F1 SME.
    I don't know all the "internet" lingo.... I have no idea what SME means. However, it obvious that you dislike Hamilton and refuse to give him any credit even though he it is very good and for that u are the actual loser here dude. You can't give credit where credit is do.....that is a sign of insecurity and intimidation...... you should be confident enough in yourself to allow someone to have what they work for. All I said was I think felt Hamilton deserved the championship over Rosenberg and you went into defacing and name calling the guy.... Anyway, I'm not gonna give you a free session... I'm done debating this with you....it's starting to look catty at this point and THAT is not cool. It's whatever. I'm here to talk about BMWs.
    Last edited by turbo5er; 11-28-2016 at 08:37 PM.

My Cars
    TBD
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine 318is View Post
    One thing I will say about Lewis is he did score more points per race finished than Nico. The only race nico didn't is the one where the two Mercedes collided. Lewis only DNF was when his engine caught fire

Nico 385 / 20 (races finished) = 19.25 per race finish
    Lewis 380 / 19 (races finished = 20 per race finish

I totally agree and get that it's a team effort but maybe that's why people say Lewis "deserved" the Championship
    I can see their point - no matter how little merit I think it has.

As Burn has pointed out Nico's 385 points beats Lewis' 380 points.

Deserved = to be worthy of. Surely getting 5 more points than your rival is worthy of a champion?

Note that in Formula 1 history they didn't always used to count ALL the races towards the driver's total points. Example: in the 80s they would ONLY count 11 of the drivers' best results but for the constructors ALL races counted. (This was probably due to the extremely high failure rate of cars)

This means that if a driver scored 14 wins in a season he only got to count 11 of them. Or his best results for 11 races.

This led to seasons where the driver with the most points didn't necessarily win the championship. Now if those rules were in place today and the drivers could pick only 11 of their best races then I would deem whoever had the most points out of those 11 races the winner. But it doesn't work that way anymore.

Nico won it because he had the most points and therefore deserved it because he scored the most points.

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo5er View Post
    I don't know all the "internet" lingo.... I have no idea what SME means. However, it obvious that you dislike Hamilton and refuse to give him any credit even though he it is very good and for that u are the actual loser here dude. You can't give credit where credit is do.....that is a sign of insecurity and intimidation...... you should be confident enough in yourself to allow someone to have what they work for. All I said was I think felt Hamilton deserved the championship over Rosenberg and you went into defacing and name calling the guy.... Anyway, I'm not gonna give you a free session... I'm done debating this with you....it's starting to look catty at this point and THAT is not cool. It's whatever. I'm here to talk about BMWs.
    I honestly have no idea what you're on about here. I also don't understand why you insist on making this about Lewis. We are all very well aware of what he has achieved, and as I said before, this isn't about him.

Feel free to keep droning on about the dude that lost, it's quite entertaining.
    Last edited by burninator; 11-28-2016 at 09:29 PM.

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    Hamilton v Button in same equipment..

Qualifying
    Faster qualifying time: Hamilton 44 / Button 14
    Poles: Hamilton 9 / Button 1
    Front rows: Hamilton: 23 / Button 9

Races
    Wins: Hamilton 10 / Button 8
    Podiums: Hamilton 22 / Button 25
    Points finishes: Hamilton 45 / Button 47
    DNFs: Hamilton 13 / Button 8
    Best race result (inc DNFs): Hamilton 32 / Button 26
    Ahead in two-car finish: Hamilton 24 / Button 13

Championship
    Overall points: Hamilton 657 / Button 672
    Seasons finished higher in standings: Hamilton 2 / Button 1
    Highest championship placing: Hamilton 4th (2010, 2012) / Button 2nd (2011)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

some more qualified opinions, lol.........enjoy:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/37813595
    Last edited by jrkoupe; 11-29-2016 at 11:35 AM.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by jrkoupe View Post
    some more qualified opinions, lol.........enjoy:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/37813595
    Meh ....

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    I like how people act like reliability isn't a factor in a World Championship.

the BEST team doesnt always win......

the BEST driver doesnt always win

but Id say he DESERVED it

its a loooong season and he got it done.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    It's stupid to still talk if Nico or perhaps Hamy should have deserved this championship title or not. People can't get over with it.

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Nico's thoughts on the final laps of Abu Dhabi:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04jbvf5
    Quote Originally Posted by auaq View Post
    It's stupid to still talk if Nico or perhaps Hamy should have deserved this championship title or not. People can't get over with it.
    Agreed. 2016 is in the books, it's time to move on.

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Ricciardo deserved the championship, or maybe Kubica. Hell, if that one girl in the orgy that James Hunt was in didn't have that abortion back in the 80's, that kid would've been champion. They were all robbed, Rosberg and Hamilton were just lucky.
    Last edited by MagneZium; 11-29-2016 at 03:18 PM.
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Ricciardo deserved the championship, or maybe Kubica. Hell, if that one girl in the orgy that James Hunt was in didn't have that abortion back in the 80's, that kid would've been champion. They were all robbed, Rosberg and Hamilton were just lucky.

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38

My Cars
    Panzer Turbo
    Well done Nico.

Agree this concept of "deserve" is rather strange.

Bring on the 2017 cars.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234