Thread: Help!!!!! transmission codes and cannot shift into gear

My Cars
    2009 M3
    About a month ago I had bought 2009 M3, on the third day I was driving around my car had went into limp mode and I could not access any gear. It is an automatic (DCT). I took it directly back to the dealer and they had stated it was the battery causing the "transmission sensor p is disengaged code". From what I've read in other forums that code usually occurs when the doors,trunk, and hood are open. I took the car back and have been whipping it around for the last two or three weeks since since I've had it back I've had no issues, until last night. As I was pulling into my drive way and backing up into my parking spot my transmission popped two codes Transmission Malfunction and Auto Start inactive (photos will be attached). I killed the car and sat around turning it on and off for the next 15 minutes in fear. Eventually it allowed me to put it in gear and I could park it out of the way. I also took a video this morning to show what is going on. Any input and recommendations are appreciated!!

https://youtu.be/kVs4tViPSOA
    Last edited by USMC93; 11-19-2016 at 09:56 AM.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    I updated your account so you can post pictures.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    2009 M3

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Never seen that before... but you could have an excessive current draw which is causing the issue.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    2009 M3
    I assumed this as well, I ordered a gear selector lever and will see if that is the fix from the shift knob being unresponsive 80% of the time. I did a wiggle test yesterday morning on the portions of the harness underneath the console and I wqs able to drive around in circles in my drive way for a good 10-15 minutes

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    The solenoids ... never thought of that.

My Cars
    2009 M3
    Brought it to a local mechanic today to take a look at it, after reprogramming the module I installed the vehicle was running for about 15 mins, stalled out through a check engine light and would not show the gears on the cluster again..

Assuming that it's the TCU that is not receiving power CAN/BUS) maybe interrupting the computers from talking, as we all know the E92 is one gigantic computer

My Cars
    08 E90 M3 Sedan
    Any updates on this? I'm just curious in case I ever run into something similar.