Thread: Load programs into BMW MoDiC - help needed

My Cars
    318i M40 4-door

Load programs into BMW MoDiC - help needed

Hi,

I recently purchased an old BMW MoDiC unit without the loading dockstation. It was supposed to have loaded the diagnosis software and that it true, it has loaded the BMW Diagnose D 13.0, but when selecting the car (E30) and the control unit (DME) it asks for another diskette.

Anyone on the eurozone with a complete MoDiC would be so kind to program the MoDiC for me? Because in this state it's pretty useless...

Thank you in advance

My Cars
    530d 525TDS Alpine 524td
    Hi,

I have a Modic II with docking station. In which country are you?

- - - Updated - - -

OK I can see now, you're in Spain.
    Which modules are loaded in your device?
    I would need to know how much free memory is left.

My Cars
    318i M40 4-door
    Hi! At the moment it has loaded Diagnose D 13.0 only. I think it can be erased it needed BTW.

Thanks!

My Cars
    530d 525TDS Alpine 524td
    Hello Dani,I have the D13 version diskettes, several older ones -- some are in German though --, and partially version 18. If someone has diagnose V18 B, the second diskette, and would share it with me, I would appreciate.I think if you only have 1 module loaded, it must be the base module. This one is necessary whatever you work on. On top of it, one or several programs are required: short test to read all errors and clear them, or the specific program for each ECU you want to deep diagnose.I asked you about your device's memory, because some programs are very big, DME is one. But I think free memory is not displayed when the Modic is connected to the car, only when it's on the base. Before you send it, I recommend putting new batteries inside, I think they are AA size Nickel Cadmium. There can also be a code to lock the device, which might activate when it loses power. Do you have a code? Otherwise I may try that on mine.edit : sorry, all line breaks just disappear when I validate the post???
    Last edited by PBo; 01-12-2017 at 10:01 PM.

My Cars
    318i M40 4-door
    Hello! About the line breaks, maybe you're using Chrome? I think I've read somewhere that it has problems with the reply box on these kind of forums.

About the diskettes, I don't have any, but, I have the contact of a person who can provide them.
    My MoDiC is the MoDiC I, so I think the difference with the MoDiC II is that the last one has a bigger memory to store programs. The diskette loaded on my MoDiC is indeed the base one. The problem is, I think I don't have any code. But I read somewhere that to not lock it or erase programs when changing batteries, they should be replaced with the MoDiC connected. I'll try that and put a fresh set of batteries. Would you program it for me? I only need the reading errors, the DME one and the Variant Coding one. Do you think it's too much?

Thank you!

My Cars
    530d 525TDS Alpine 524td
    I'm using a chrome variant indeed.It would be very nice if your contact had the diskette of Diagnose V18 I'm missing.Reading errors of all ECUs can be done with the short test module, which is very small. I'll try to fit this one plus DME. If there is not enough memory, I can also try an older version.I doubt you can load some coding software on top of the diagnose software. I'll tell you when I receive the device. PM sent.

My Cars
    318i M40 4-door
    The DME module itself can read error but only for the DME right? So it would need the base disk + DME disk. I only need the DME functions to read error, live data and component activation, as it's only for using on E30's!

- - - Updated - - -

I thin the short test is for reading errors of all units right? Since I only want DME functionality, I can forget that one?

My Cars
    530d 525TDS Alpine 524td
    All correct.Reading error, live data and components activation are in the diagnose program.

My Cars
    E65 745I, ALPINA B11 E32
    Hello From France,

I have a Modic 2 too, but because it was in german, I made false actions and deleted the programs Inside instead of lauching them :'(

Modic2.jpg

I'm looking for program, disk or station to reload the program in the handgun diagnostic tool , does anyone can help me in France or europe ?

ModicIIstation.jpg

thanks
    Last edited by PIFOUBMW; 04-18-2017 at 08:38 AM.

My Cars
    E30

MoDiC II - "No Program Available" Error - Help Please

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to program a MoDiC II station with gun. Any progress on the above thread?
    I have a load a floppies and the code for the station. I am getting this message on the station, "No Program Available".

Any help most appreciated,

Geraldine

Floppies I have listed here:
    I have 4 blue floppies with yellow stickers Named Programming V 4.0 A (Program), Programming V 4.0 B (Data),
    Encoding ZCS V 11.0 A (Program Data E32, E34),
    Encoding ZCS V 11.0 B (Data E31, E36, E38).
    Diagnose D 8.0 C (DME, DDE, KOM),
    Diagnose All Series, Start Program, Brief test, DMI 1 w.12,0 A and this range to E.

Quote Originally Posted by DaniTD View Post
    Hi,

I recently purchased an old BMW MoDiC unit without the loading dockstation. It was supposed to have loaded the diagnosis software and that it true, it has loaded the BMW Diagnose D 13.0, but when selecting the car (E30) and the control unit (DME) it asks for another diskette.

Anyone on the eurozone with a complete MoDiC would be so kind to program the MoDiC for me? Because in this state it's pretty useless...

Thank you in advance
    - - - Updated - - -

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to program a MoDiC II station with gun. Same as yours. Any progress on the above thread?
    I have a load a floppies and the code for the station. I am getting this message on the station, "No Program Available".

Geraldine

I have 4 blue floppies with yellow stickers Named Programming V 4.0 A (Program), Programming V 4.0 B (Data),
    Diagnose All Series, Start Program, Brief test, DMI 1 w.12,0 A and this range to E.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to program a MoDiC II station with gun. Any progress on the above thread?

Geraldine

Quote Originally Posted by PBo View Post
    Hi,

I have a Modic II with docking station. In which country are you?

- - - Updated - - -

OK I can see now, you're in Spain.
    Which modules are loaded in your device?
    I would need to know how much free memory is left.