Thread: Starts and runs, then will not restart...

My Cars
    2004 BMW 330i ( E46)

Question Starts and runs, then will not restart...

Hello Everyone,

So has the title say, I can start my car, drive it for 20 minutes or 6 hours. But the moment I shut it off, thats the end. it takes almost 2 hours before I can start it again. or with in 10 minutes of shutting the car off I can normally start it again. I have gone threw the Vanos, new Cam sensors 2 years ago, New crank sensor as of today. The codes I pulled from the car were p1315 , P0700, and then cam sensor bank and B codes. Then the p1338/p1339 after the crank sensor was replaced. I took it for a test drive after the install. a good 15 miles. The car for no reason died with in 20 yards of my driveway. It would not restart at all and the battery was almost dead for no clear reason. I know the alt is putting out 13.7 and I am showing 13.2/4 at the battery. ran like it was new. all the power I could ask for. which could lead to another clue of whats wrong, before this work, when warmed up and after a few miles I would not have much take off power at all. the fuel filter / fpr are new as of a week ago. the fuel pump is putting out 50 psi at the rail and I can smell gas when all it wants to do is crank without starting. I can only get it started back up on a situation like that via jump start. and that still takes several tries. when it goes in to this mode of not starting it will either just crank or run for a second and stop right away. From some of the other things I have read here, I am thinking its my ignition switch. But I wonder if this could be my batter from other posts I have read. another item I have noticed is that there is always power to both leads on the fuel injectors and a noid light does not show any sign of pulse. but I can trigger the injectors to run if I use a grounded probe. Also another thing that happens during all this crap where it does not want to re-start stage. It will 80% of the time started or not, throw the trans into limp mode. and It will self clear after it has been shut off for 20 minutes.

So any help or idea's would be amazing.

My Cars
    2006 325i, 2005 530i
    Do you recall what you did to fix the problem? I too have a rare p1315 code that is has me in a crank but no start situation.