Thread: Paint Fix and Paint Protection

My Cars
    '04 M3 and '06 MC ZCP

Paint Fix and Paint Protection

Hello Forums,

First off, I would like to give all of you thanks for helping me out on all my questions. It has helped a lot in decisions I've had to make. Now, I have to do something I really wish I never had to. So, I was doing a driving program at a parking lot in my 2004 BMW M3, which was fun. There were a lot of small pebbles and I noticed this when I was washing my car today. When washing it, I found chips by the wheel well from the pebbles and loose gravel . I've seen on other forums that BMW provides a kit, but how good is that? In addition, once I get the paint chips fixed should I wrap my car or is there a clear wrap/clear coat that I could wrap it to protect the paint? I don't want to ruin it and I'll need to do it for both my M3s. If anyone can give me advice on touch-up paints and wraps, that would be amazing.

Another paint fix/protection is my 2006 BMW M3 Comp. Pkg. which I have a BMW car cover. I garaged my car for about 3 months (not good at all and I need to take it out more, which I will), but I took it out this past weekend and I did a walk around. I noticed some scratches on my car but they are fortunately short. Will the BMW fix kit work on that? As well as that, what about wrapping it? Thank you so much for all the help.

- - - Updated - - -

On top of this, I also have long scratches on my 2013 335i M-Sport which I need to fix as well. Will the BMW paint repair kit work as well? Also, for the source of all the scratches, I'll explain it if it is asked. Thank you so much for the help, it means a lot.

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5, 98 M3/2/5
    You will need to have to get the car detailed with a polisher to get the scratches and swirls out. When you use a car cover it should be used on a freshly washed car and should be washed after you take it off the car to remove the dirt that settles on it which causes the scratches/swirls. Paint fix only really works for paint chips/road rash.

You can get a clear bar installed by a professional or you can DIY just buying the clear bra film.

My Cars
    '04 M3 and '06 MC ZCP
    Quote Originally Posted by tofunin View Post
    You will need to have to get the car detailed with a polisher to get the scratches and swirls out. When you use a car cover it should be used on a freshly washed car and should be washed after you take it off the car to remove the dirt that settles on it which causes the scratches/swirls. Paint fix only really works for paint chips/road rash.

You can get a clear bar installed by a professional or you can DIY just buying the clear bra film.
    I know about the car covering, but that isn't what caused the scratches. Anyways, I'll definately look into a polisher or have it done professionally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk